• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Damn. That sounds like the best thing ever... Why wasn't this a thing!?

probably because they heard several times people asking for a more action oriented Zelda (not from everyone, of course), because FE was already "given" to Atlus for the SMT crossover, and because Zelda is a well known franchise wordlwide (FE got a spike with the latest one, but still is smaller than Zelda in the West)

Litri

I'm new to the Dinasty Warrios series but after reading throughout the posts I'm getting really pumped for this game, at least until the mainline Zelda arrives.

They have so much content to play with for this game...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm new to the Dinasty Warrios series but after reading throughout the posts I'm getting really pumped for this game, at least until the mainline Zelda arrives.

They have so much content to play with for this game...

I'm not a huge fan of the Musou series, but I liked a couple of chapters I've played, especially if based on "licenses" I liked (such as Hokuto no Ken, Gundam, One Piece)
the most important aspect for this one, to me, is: or a way more interesting story compared to a normal Musou, or tons of Zelda characters playable. Villains included.

3bdelilah

Banned
I am like really 0,0 percent interested in this. I've never played Musou but from what I hear it's just endless rounds of fighting baddies and no story whatsoever, right? In that case I couldn't care less. Ah well, that's just me.

3bdelilah

Banned
I think Nintendo didn't lie it'll be released in Summer

I wouldn't even be surprised if it doesn't hit Europe and NA at all, or maybe with quite some time in between. I've never played Musou but I was told it's immensely popular in Japan. And so is Zelda, so this should be a great cashcow in JP.

I am like really 0,0 percent interested in this. I've never played Musou but from what I hear it's just endless rounds of fighting baddies and no story whatsoever, right? In that case I couldn't care less. Ah well, that's just me.

You should try for yourself and see If you like it.

The genre isn´t for everyone, but people should try something for themselves before judging.

3bdelilah

Banned
You should try for yourself.

Yep that was me, it took some time getting used to. Thought it would be canon and such. But apparantly not, so I'm a loot cooler towards it now. But still not planning on buying this day one like any other Zelda.

Edit: see you edited your post. I'm not a big fan (read: no fan at all) of fighting games, besides Smash which just is a lot of fun playing with others. I haven't played Bayonetta, and don't plan to play Bayo2 as well. I guess it's just not my thing

I wouldn't even be surprised if it doesn't hit Europe and NA at all, or maybe with quite some time in between. I've never played Musou but I was told it's immensely popular in Japan. And so is Zelda, so this should be a great cashcow in JP.
They showed it globally in a Direct. Of course it'll come to west.

And Zelda isn't that popular in Japan I think. I'm pretty sure it's a lot more popular in NA at least.

You should try for yourself and see If you like it.

The genre isn´t for everyone, but people should try something for themselves bofore judging.

I don't know what kind of forum you're on, but here, people know everything they need to know about Musou games from videos and secondhand accounts (that themselves are probably secondhand accounts).

Yep that was me, it took some time getting used to. Thought it would be canon and such. But apparantly not, so I'm a loot cooler towards it now. But still not planning on buying this.

Haha, I edited it out because I didn´t want to sound so abrasive.

So....yeah, just try one of them, you might end up liking them, despite their repetetive nature.

I don't know what kind of forum you're on, but here, people know everything they need to know about Musou games from videos and secondhand accounts (that themselves are probably secondhand accounts).

I mean, I get the various complaints against the genre in general...and I´m not that big of a fan myself, but I dislike this notion of hearesay > your own experiece (like you, apparently).

3bdelilah

Banned
Haha, I edited it out because I didn´t want to sound so abrasive.

So....yeah, just try one of them, you might end up liking them, despite their repetetive nature.

No problem, I tend to be an emotional guy by not thinking things through first , lol

Then what games are there to recommend on PS3DS? Honestly I think I'd rather play Bayonetta (which says a lot), but if find a Musou game for cheap, heyyy why not. Expanding one's horizon can't be all that bad.

Alrus

Nearly every recent Musou game has been released in Europe and NA, wether as a digital only game or as regular retail release.

Zelda is immensely more popular in NA than in Japan or Europe, and the trailer for this particular game has more view than any trailer for a musou game released before iirc, they'd be stupid not to localize it.

Hyrule Warriors seems like a good fit for E3. I just hope Nintendo does a good enough job differentiating it from the Wii U Zelda installment. Not just in marketing, but also in art style, etc.

Riki

Hyrule Warriors seems like a good fit for E3. I just hope Nintendo does a good enough job differentiating it from the Wii U Zelda installment. Not just in marketing, but also in art style, etc.
I'm excited for Hyrule Warriors but come on.
If Zelda U looks that bad things have gone horribly wrong at Nintendo.

Litri

I'm excited for Hyrule Warriors but come on.
If Zelda U looks that bad things have gone horribly wrong at Nintendo.

I think that we should differentiate the technical end from the gameplay one on this game.
I agree in that the game might not be a looker but remember that this is a project where Nintendo is acting as a supervisor, programming is surely being done at Tecmo-Koei, and as such they will most likely focus on the gameplay mechanics and that, while maintaining the core muso gameplay, it stays true to the Zelda world.

Riki

I think that we should differentiate the technical end from the gameplay one on this game.
I agree in that the game might not be a looker but remember that this is a project where Nintendo is acting as a supervisor, programming is surely being done at Tecmo-Koei, and as such they will most likely focus on the gameplay mechanics and that, while maintaining the core muso gameplay, it stays true to the Zelda world.
Right. I'm just saying that no one will confuse this game with Zelda U once it's revealed.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Unlike other contents (aka Yakuza collection for example) it was streamed and presented on all three Directs for all three regions, in the same Direct. "Ours" said 2014, while the Japanese one said Summer 2014.
So it could hit later on, but I cannot see any reason for them to not bringing it here: they fonded it, the licensed one of their major characters/brand, they chose one brand popular also in the West, they also published previous Musous TK games in the West (Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii for example) and so on...

Litri

Right. I'm just saying that no one will confuse this game with Zelda U once it's revealed.

Yep, agreed. If there's one thing that worries me is the kind of marketing push this game will get. As the market for this game is rather small (aside from the hardcore muso players) I don't know how Nintendo is planning to attract the long term Zelda fanbase.

For those, Tecmo and Nintendo have a daunting task of balancing both franchises enough
to not alienate both audiences.

No problem, I tend to be an emotional guy by not thinking things through first , lol

Then what games are there to recommend on PS3DS? Honestly I think I'd rather play Bayonetta (which says a lot), but if find a Musou game for cheap, heyyy why not. Expanding one's horizon can't be all that bad.

Bayonetta is not the same thing at all so I don't understand that point

That said, the musuo games pride themselves on amount of content so I'm curious what we'll get here

87 characters in dynasty warriors 8 is less than an orochi game, and that's with years of adding to the roster

Reknoc

Bayonetta is not the same thing at all so I don't understand that point

That said, the musuo games pride themselves on amount of content so I'm curious what we'll get here

87 characters in dynasty warriors 8 is less than an orochi game, and that's with years of adding to the roster

I doubt there will be that much. It's a first entry and those are always pretty lacking.

Top Bottom