• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

Wow, Bluepoint did a really good job emulating the XOne experience, even included the screen-tearing, dodgy framerate and geometry pop-in.

Looks as good as anyone could hope, really. I find the split between "looks great" and "looks horrible" in this thread very amusing!

braves01

Banned
Wow, Bluepoint did a really good job emulating the XOne experience, even included the screen-tearing, dodgy framerate and geometry pop-in.

e73d2_ORIG-laugh_baseball.gif

Cueil

Banned
That looks damn close to the Xbox One version

if by damn close that the textures are a fraction of the resolution and that the image is rendered at a sub 600p resolution or that the color is toned down and the sfx are nearly completely gone... then yes... yes pretty close, but then that's not really close at all is it?

Fracas

#fuckonami
if by damn close that the textures are a fraction of the resolution and that the image is rendered at a sub 600p resolution or that the color is toned down and the sfx are nearly completely gone... then yes... yes pretty close, but then that's not really close at all is it?

I've literally been playing it on Xbox One all day. There is a difference but it's really not a generational kind of gap. The XB1 version isn't exactly a looker.

Alright, I'm in
...as soon as the price hits $30.

$30 is what I paid for Garden Warfare, so my price standard for a multiplayer-only game has been set.

Ghazi

Finally watched it, looks a little rough with all that tearing and all the very odd lag, but I'll wait to see it in person before making a conclusion.

Lima

Looks so empty.

Everything seems so lifeless.

The most hilarious thing is the titans though. No detail and when you pop the electric smoke like omg that looks bad.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
EA should just give us a discount on the 360 version, for the ones that got it for pc and xbox one. But they wouldn't do that :/

Duxxy3

It's not perfect, but I can see why they delayed the game. This is close enough that the 360 version absolutely would have stolen XB1 sales.

There is certainly a difference between the two, but if a consumer just wanted to play titanfall and had the choice of spending $60 for the 360 version, or $450 for the XB1 bundle...

I'm not saying one choice is better than the other, but that choice would have impacted XB1 sales if it was released at the same time.

gatti-man

I've literally been playing it on Xbox One all day. There is a difference but it's really not a generational kind of gap. The XB1 version isn't exactly a looker.

It's a very large, stark difference that will only grow the larger the display is you play it on. Saying titanfall doesn't look next gen I can see but this by comparison isn't even close the the best looking 360 game either. It's a generation gap to me when you consider this isn't even a good looking 360 game in the 360 version.

baconcow

Tons of tearing. When compared to the 360 version, those screens for the XBox One version are not that impressive.

Worries about next-gen consoles.

baphomet

It'll be nice to see what respawn can really do when they're not held back by these underpowered machines.

Otherwise it looks like it'll be a good time for 360 owners.

Ghazi

Tons of tearing. When compared to the 360 version, those screens for the XBox One version are not that impressive.

Worries about next-gen consoles.

It looks pretty different to me, they don't seem to be very similar. Resolution, framerate, texture quality, effects, and probably more are higher on the Xbox One while we are just starting the generation and this was Respawn's first experience with Source Engine. The One version could've come out a whole lot better, sure, but the fact that's it's pretty noticeably different with these circumstances while Bluepoint is working on hardware that's been out for 8 years is pretty good, I guess. Not barring the fact that the 360 has a lot of technical limitations for this game.

Graphically looks fine to me. Expected to look much worse

Yeah to me it looks like COD last gen vs next gen. Not too different. Talking about consoles of course. PC excluded

Looks ok if you don't want to invest on new hardare. If they can emulate the gameplay exactly like the 2 other versions, then everyone should be fine with it.

I think it looks terrible. Every WiiU first party title is more impressive that this. What the hell happened? Especially after how good Halo looked. That this is a flagship title is embarrassing.

Wii U is more powerful, duh. Also, what are you expecting from a 7 years old console at this point. Flagship title? flagship for what? Is the 360 re-launching or something?

cakely

It looks much better than I had expected.

And now, it's really, really obvious as to why they delayed this version until April.

McLovin

I don't know if its the stream, but that doesn't look playable to me. Frame-rate is really low, resolution looks sub 720p, screen tearing, etc. It might just be my pc though. I got to play the x1 version yesterday and it actually ran great.

mrJared

Banned
It looks pretty different to me, they don't seem to be very similar. Resolution, framerate, texture quality, effects, and probably more are higher on the Xbox One while we are just starting the generation and this was Respawn's first experience with Source Engine. The One version could've come out a whole lot better, sure, but the fact that's it's pretty noticeably different with these circumstances while Bluepoint is working on hardware that's been out for 8 years is pretty good, I guess. Not barring the fact that the 360 has a lot of technical limitations for this game.

none of that matters in the end right?

because we have all been told since November that resolution and effects don't matter as long as it's fun, and that a locked 30 fps is better than a variable 40-60.

or do graphics matter again?

I don't know if its the stream, but that doesn't look playable to me. Frame-rate is really low, resolution looks sub 720p, screen tearing, etc. It might just be my pc though.

I was just watching a stream on my XB1 and thinking the same thing. Significant sacrifices were made to the 360 version to get it running even close to 30fps. Curious to see how low the resolution is.

In a bots only training session? I don't think so....

All of the AI is run on servers, even during "single player" content.

These people are playing on modded Xbox's to capture this footage, not good testing grounds for an unreleased online shooter.

I look forward to see what the official analysis shows for the game.

Lima

The XIM stream made the game look playable. The earlier stream was crippled by lag.

Yeah but you and your buddy want to get that conspiracy theory shit out again that it was delayed because it looks too close to the Xbox One version.

It doesn't. It looks awful compared to the Xbox One.

Definitely doesn't look as good, but it's a respectable port given the 360's age. (Which is probably partially down to the original not looking great anyway.)

Duxxy3

Yeah but you and your buddy want to get that conspiracy theory shit out again that it was delayed because it looks too close to the Xbox One version.

It doesn't. It looks awful compared to the Xbox One.

It looks close enough that it would have taken sales away from the XB1. Same way that sales for the XB1 version of ghosts was affected by the 360 version.

Lima

It looks close enough that it would have taken sales away from the XB1. Same way that sales for the XB1 version of ghosts was affected by the 360 version.

Gamestop pre-orders were 4 times higher on Xbox One breh.

Last gen software sales are down. This will never outsell the Xbox One version. (it was surprising to me that even the Xbox One version sold better than PC)

t_wilson01

because we have all been told since November that resolution and effects don't matter as long as it's fun, and that a locked 30 fps is better than a variable 40-60.

Depends if it's convenient to whomever is posting.

daman824

No enough of this shit. It runs at 30fps (if not lower at times), has absolutely disgusting textures, is missing multiple effects, has worse lighting, and runs at a lower resolution.

The game looks like crap even for a 360 title. Halo 4 and gears of war 3 came out on the same system.

There is a lot of stuff going on in titanfall. Concessions were made. And then when they got close to release and needed to make more concessions to hit 30fps, they delayed it.

Looks a little plainer but it has a lot less screen tearings than the Xbone version. No wonder MS tried so hard to hide this version.

You got me. MS was trying to hide this? And because it looks plainer with less screen tearing.. that's why?

Ghazi

Like I've said before, graphics don't matter to me, it just feels odd that people are bashing the Xbox One over this. I'm no supporter of it, but there is definitely an obvious difference that some people don't mind not seeing.

Duxxy3

Gamestop pre-orders were 4 times higher on Xbox One breh.

Last gen software sales are down. This will never outsell the Xbox One version. (it was surprising to me that even the Xbox One version sold better than PC)

The 360 version was never shown to the public and delayed twice, of course pre-orders were low for it. People weren't even sure the 360 version actually existed, that's how little information we had.

Top Bottom