• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ Digital Foundry] Helldivers 2 - PlayStation 5/PC - Tech Review

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
What a shit port.

FSR1. No DLSS. What the fuck is this joke of a game ?

Will buy when it's 5$ and everything is patched. I don't reward devs for shit development.
Go Ahead Yes GIF

Most fun I’ve had in a long time in a game, all I have to say. Hardly shit development, its half the price of other releases.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Oliver says the frame pacing at 30fps is also pretty bad with spikes every 20 seconds or so. Has to be annoying playing a fast-paced multiplayer game like this.
I have zero issues. Just played a super intense round where we did absolutely everything on the map.

The graphics on ultra I find quite underwhelming, it's a proper AA looking game. Some effects are very nice indeed but some models and textures seem quite low detail. Game is fun though no doubt.

Bojji

That is My doubt Helldivers look generic and it's not a graphic Focus Game, but some áreas look like Starfield planets according to a friend Tha has both games.

I can only judge this game based on videos but it doesn't look as good as starfield imo, starfield is very uneven so it looks really good in places and average in others.

DLSS is a gimmick trick that allow lazy developers to get good performance on a poor optimized game.

Not really, DLSS allows USERS to have great image quality with much higher frame rates vs native. Developers are lazy when they DON'T offer DLSS/fsr/xess toggles.

//DEVIL//

DLSS is a gimmick trick that allow lazy developers to get good performance on a poor optimized game.
right.. because is very well optimized on PC and consoles... below 60 fps dips on FHD on PS5....

if you are not that great in optimizing, at least give us a fucking toggle to get some better frames and shit for free.

unlurkified

It’s easily one of the worst looking games I’ve played on PS5 in either mode-would barely pass for a PS4 game looks-wise. Disappointing that Sony didn’t help more with development realizing the gem they have on their hands.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Consoles need Nvidia

Sony and Microsoft FUCKED UP this generation by not including machine learning. They should've made sure games could support 4k upscaled at a minimum considering it was Sony and Microsoft themselves that pushed harder than anyone last gen for 4k TVs as the industry standard! Period. End of discussion. No wonder this game is $40. 1080p gaming sucks and FSR2 is SHIT when upscaled from 1080p and below.

Buggy Loop

Sony and Microsoft FUCKED UP this generation by not including machine learning. They should've made sure games could support 4k upscaled at a minimum considering it was Sony and Microsoft themselves that pushed harder than anyone last gen for 4k TVs as the industry standard! Period. End of discussion. No wonder this game is $40. 1080p gaming sucks and FSR2 is SHIT when upscaled from 1080p and below.

Not even FSR2.... FSR 1

shamoomoo

Both GPUs can accelerator ML,it just takes up space where graphics is being computed. GOW: Ragnarok used ML upscaling in one of the graphics option and Miles Morales PS5 used ML muscle deformation or something to do with the muscle for Miles Morales in Spider-Man 1&2.

Maybe,Hell Divers quality mode is almost 1800p,I think the issue is the CPU. Heck,the PC equivalent is only slightly over 60 fps. I'm talking about the 2070 super and Ryzen 3600.
It’s definitely the cpu the bad part of the ps5 it holds back the gpu and makes it look weaker than it is

GymWolf

Is it a coincidence that both this one and darktide use the same old engine and both have top of the class gunplay?

Top Bottom