• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 on Steam supports resolutions above 1080p, Resurrection is 60 fps as well

Good to hear. I may really purchase this later on during the day.

Bamco finally learning their lesson from that Symphonia PC port trainwreck.

Vuze

Happy to hear that, a certain other JP dev/pub should take note =)

It would be incredible if Boris did an ENB version for these two to have some more advanced graphical features but probably not haha.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Berseria was confirmed 60fps. Gotta see what the resolution settings will be but I expect it to do well since Zestiria port itself was quite decent.

mp1990

Banned
Namco taking PC seriously is great. This bodes very well for Berseria
I'm not sure how serious they're taking it when you consider that this being released almost simultaneously to Attack On Titan, which seems to ne a pretty shoddy port. I'm not complaining though, pretty excited for this.

Vuze

I'm not sure how serious they're taking it when you consider that this being released almost simultaneously to Attack On Titan, which seems to ne a pretty shoddy port. I'm not complaining though, pretty excited for this.
Attack on Titan is on Koei Tecmo, I don't think Namco had anything to do with it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Isnt that Koei Tecmo Musou engine tho?

Tizoc

Aot is sadly developed by koei tecmo
Who really need a good bitchslap and start making compitent pc ports

Blitzhex

Sounds good. Would prefer unlocked fps and resolution though. Sounds like they only support 16:9 resolutions and have a 60fps cap by he sound of this. Going to buy anyway.

Good to hear. I may really purchase this later on during the day.

Bamco finally learning their lesson from that Symphonia PC port trainwreck.

Namco taking PC seriously is great. This bodes very well for Berseria

Symphonia was an odd case - Almost every PC release Namco has done has been overseen by either their European office (Contracted out to QLOC) or From Software, with pretty much everything being solid. Some Internet Detectives found that Symphonia's port was handled by some no-name studio in the US with a history of bad ports on the payroll of Namco's American office. Forgot who exactly since it's been months, but I think they did a few crappy remasters on PS4 and Xbone as well before and after Symphonia.

Momentary

Banned
When it comes to PC ports, they couldn't be more different.

Namco Bandai does generally good work, with the rare exception of Symphonia, while Koei Tecmo seem to pride themselves on just not learning. I mean, I wrote an article with an entire section titled "Koei-Tecmo, this is why you fail", and I don't enjoy writing negative articles.

It's getting to the point where I feel KT does this shot on purpose. I'm definitely not getting hype for the PC version of Berserk.

Buburibon

It's getting to the point where I feel KT does this shot on purpose. I'm definitely not getting hype for the PC version of Berserk.

That's right. Attack on Titan is resolution capped at 1080p, is it not? Yeah, at this point in 2016 I couldn't agree more that they probably do it on purpose. :p

Can someone show me a video that sells me on this game?

Sign me up! The port seems to be technically sound, but is the game any good? :)

Ascheroth

Can someone show me a video that sells me on this game?

That's right. Attack on Titan is resolution capped at 1080p, is it not? Yeah, at this point in 2016 I couldn't agree more that they probably do it on purpose. :p

Sign me up! The port seems to be technically sound, but is the game any good? :)

You can probably find everything you want to know about the games and more in the respective OTs : )
God Eater: Resurrection
God Eater 2: Rage Burst

Granjinha

Namco Bandai does generally good work, with the rare exception of Symphonia, while Koei Tecmo seem to pride themselves on just not learning. I mean, I wrote an article with an entire section titled "Koei-Tecmo, this is why you fail", and I don't enjoy writing negative articles.

Attack On Titan does seem much better than their general affairs, tho. Shame it goes only to 1080p in res. But it seems it is the best version of the game.

Kareha

While it's nice to get this information its still a sad state of affairs when this sort of stuff used to be a given.

ezodagrom

Symphonia was an odd case - Almost every PC release Namco has done has been overseen by either their European office (Contracted out to QLOC) or From Software, with pretty much everything being solid. Some Internet Detectives found that Symphonia's port was handled by some no-name studio in the US with a history of bad ports on the payroll of Namco's American office. Forgot who exactly since it's been months, but I think they did a few crappy remasters on PS4 and Xbone as well before and after Symphonia.
Other Ocean, which handled Ultra Street Fighter 4 on PS4.

Ascheroth

How do teams with proven failure rates like Other Ocean and High Voltage keep getting work?
Probably because they are cheap and put on low priority projects. And what the post above me says.

The really sad/strange/amusing/dumb/whatever you call it thing is that Arslan, the game they released before AoT acutally had 4k support and 60fps. I really wonder what goes on in the heads of whoever are responsible for their PC decisions.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
higher resolutions above 1080p is good news, but I dont have any monitor above 1080p lol

la_briola

I can choose 120hz, but the game still runs at a maximum of 60fps.

53BB76E2B7615F087434544D539DE9796D865169

Top Bottom