• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is The Order the easiest first party platinum ever?

Spineker

Banned
http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3291-The-Order-1886?secret=hide&lang=en-gb#content

Don't worry too much about spoilers, there really aren't any there. Only one trophy is hidden and presumably, that's for completing the game.

I'm looking at this list and I think to myself "fuck, that looks easy." I mean a gold trophy for killing 3 enemies at once with a grenade? What a bargain. I can see this quickly becoming the most commonly achieved platinum of any first (or second if you want) party game Sony have released.

antitrop

Well-read
Inspect all newspapers
8.33%
VERY RARE
Silver

Detail Oriented
Inspect all photographs and documents
4.17%
ULTRA RARE
Silver

Inspector First Class
Find all inspect items
4.17%
ULTRA RARE
Gold

Archivist
Collect all phonograph cylinders
0.00%
ULTRA RARE
Silver

Those I'll probably need a guide for, but you're right, that looks like one easy Plat.

antitrop

inFAMOUS:SS was really easy.

I have every Trophy you can get for that in one playthrough, but I'm really not looking forward to having to replay all of the story missions again on Expert with Good Karma. Seems tedious as fuck.

Which is incredibly easy.
Unskippable cutscenes and poor overall mission design are more difficult barriers for me to overcome than a mere lack of skill.

Resistance-Burning-Skies-Cover.jpg

Most recent player got all but the audio logs and inspection trophies in a 5 hour stretch so yes its a easy platinum. Walking dead is probably the easiest though.

Well-read
Inspect all newspapers
8.33%
VERY RARE
Silver

Detail Oriented
Inspect all photographs and documents
4.17%
ULTRA RARE
Silver

Inspector First Class
Find all inspect items
4.17%
ULTRA RARE
Gold

Archivist
Collect all phonograph cylinders
0.00%
ULTRA RARE
Silver

Those I'll probably need a guide for, but you're right, that looks like one easy Plat.

Ironically, seems like the hardest trophies are the ones that require exploration/ask you to go off the path

ZeroX03

Banned
and time consuming compared to this.

You've Platinumed The Order and know how long the game with all collectibles is? Serious question, if the game is super short I'll rent it.

Second Son is a pretty easy 20 hours for two playthroughs and all other stuff.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Wait you're claiming trophies as easy to get without ever having played the game?
These trophies don't necessarily look like they require a lot of skill, most of them seem like natural things that would be achieved just by playing the game on launch day. Like killing ten lycans.

JayEH

You've Platinumed The Order and know how long the game with all collectibles is? Serious question, if the game is super short I'll rent it.

Idk how long it is but I think it's safe to say it's probably 8-10 hours.

Spineker

Banned
Wait you're claiming trophies as easy to get without ever having played the game?

It really isn't that a dramatic call to say a platinum is easy after looking at that list. Collectibles trophies are a thing, sure, but the majority of the game is super easy to complete by the looks of it.

antitrop

That 20 hours doesn't count the time wasted as I accidentally fall asleep during the unbelievably boring cutscenes.

The Order doesn't seem like a game worth playing twice, either, so thankfully it looks like you can get these all in one go.

SmithnCo

Yeah, might be a rental.

It all looks very straightforward, maybe just need a guide for the inspect stuff. No difficulty stuff or anything.

vypek

This seems even easier than Second Son from the looking at the list. I wonder if some of them will be arbitrarily difficult to accomplish (like not having access to a weapon except in a very specific part). If it has a chapter select then that would really help the road to platinum (assuming its easy to miss something).

SFenton

No, come on now.

Resistance: Burning Skies will forever be the easiest first-party Platinum.

Beat the game + play a round of multi. Bang, you win.

NateDrake

I have every Trophy you can get for that in one playthrough, but I'm really not looking forward to having to replay all of the story missions again on Expert with Good Karma. Seems tedious as fuck.

That is why I play as Good the first time and Evil for the Hard play.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Game was so damn easy that I played on expert from the start.

antitrop

That is why I play as Good the first time and Evil for the Hard play.

Would have been smart, if I looked at the Trophy list before I started my first play. :p

I'm not worried about the difficulty, though. Even on Expert, I've heard it's only about as difficult as the previous Infamous games. It just won't be fun.

Top Bottom