• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Ever Official Edible Chocolate Xbox Controller and Wonka-Inspired Console

Hero-ffc6e9544c1e8dcc385a.jpg

Xbox is the ultimate platform for gamers to power their dreams – but rarely have dreams been as sweet as this. In partnership with the highly anticipated new Warner Bros. Pictures’ film “Wonka,” Xbox is celebrating the return of the world’s greatest confectioner with a uniquely delectable gaming experience. Starting today, fans can enter the official Xbox sweepstakes for a chance to win the most extravagant and playful Wonka-inspired Xbox prizes, which include:

Wonka-Inspired Xbox Series X and Storefront Display: A special Wonka chocolate bar-inspired Xbox Series X bundled with a unique console display modelled after the magic of Willy Wonka’s iconic chocolate store. While the console may look like one of Wonka’s famous chocolate bars, the Wonka-inspired Xbox Series X is not edible.
Xbox Wonka Console

(X)box of Chocolates: A beautiful box of surprises celebrating the new “Wonka” film containing the first-ever official edible Xbox Controller made of 100% pure chocolate and wrapped in the signature gold wrapper; a custom designed, burgundy-colored Xbox Wireless Controller inspired by Wonka’s coat from the film; and five additional chocolate truffles uniquely crafted to complement your Xbox gaming adventures including:
  • Achievement Hunting: Delicious chocolate with a boost of energy ingredients, which helps with long-term gaming focus. Time to rack up that Gamerscore.
  • Button Masher: Buzzing with bold espresso to keep your reactions crisp and your head in the game.
  • Your Citrus Sidekick: Chocolate and orange team up for a sunny burst of flavor, in honor of the fruitful variety of games available on Xbox Game Pass.
  • Xtra Kick: Balances out the sweet with just the right amount of heat. Just like any end boss, this gets you a little fired up but yields sweet rewards.
  • Wonka for the Win: Sometimes the greatest joys in life are also the simplest. So, this treat focuses on the essence of what makes a great truffle: the chocolate. 100% pure, decadently delicious chocolate.
Xbox Wonka Chocolates

Fans can enter to win the limited-edition Wonka prizes by following Xbox on X (formerly Twitter) and retweeting the official Xbox sweepstakes tweet. The giveaway will run from November 13, 2023 through December 14, 2023. For official rules and eligibility details, please visit here. Prizes are limited to sweepstakes only – not available for retail. 

In the film, Wonka’s mother tells him “Every good thing in this world started with a dream.” Xbox is taking this message worldwide with a playful in-store experience at Microsoft Experience Centres in New York, London, and Sydney. The front window at each store will feature a Willy Wonka-inspired display and puzzle box in the shape of his trusty suitcase. Test your skills by solving the puzzle for a chance to get your hands on some custom Xbox giveaways.

See “Wonka” only in theatres and IMAX beginning internationally on December 6 and nationwide on December 15.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I only have one question: who is paying who to do this? Is Xbox payed for allowing the Wonka film producer to use their IP? Do they do it for free marketing? Or did they pay them to be allowed to use Wonka IP? I konw that this is stupid but I am curious about this. There is bigger films to be associated with so why this one?

Danknugz

I only have one question: who is paying who to do this? Is Xbox payed for allowing the Wonka film producer to use their IP? Do they do it for free marketing? Or did they pay them to be allowed to use Wonka IP? I konw that this is stupid but I am curious about this. There is bigger films to be associated with so why this one?
MS clearly gets paid to advertise the film

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
oh my god that wrap looks so fucking weird.

so good ..

Last edited:

Killer8

When you ask Phil where the first party games are:

Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
Into your imagination

We'll begin with a spin
Traveling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy
Explanation

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I get that MS has infinite cash, but to spend it all on this garbage, a clothing line, stuffed animals and Xbox tampons. It's just amazing the shit they churn out with the brand that ISNT videogames. And people wonder why really no one gives much of a fuck about their system and output aside from adamsapple adamsapple

How many of these did you buy yourself bro? Instead of an advent calendar are you going to unwrap a chocolate Xbox controller every day in December until Xmas?

XqdO8uE.gif

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Xbox has some of the most baffling marketing moves.

The only way I could see any of this shit being remotely additive to their brand is if WB is paying them for it.

Xbox branded everything but games, seriously none of this dumb stuff matters when there releases are a trickle
These novelties might be fun if ms was delivering on the games
For real. I almost wonder what Wonka even gets out of this promotion. Xbox is such a tarnished brand. How could linking yourself to it help in any way?

And cool your jets MS fanboys, I loved my Xbox and Xbox 360, back when MS was focused on games first. I in fact never owned a PS product until after that horrible Xbone debut. I want MS to get back to being in a position in power, but all their moves are gigantic wastes of time, such as this cross promotion, or anti-consumer attempts at becoming a monopoly.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
For real. I almost wonder what Wonka even gets out of this promotion. Xbox is such a tarnished brand. How could linking yourself to it help in any way?

And cool your jets MS fanboys, I loved my Xbox and Xbox 360, back when MS was focused on games first. I in fact never owned a PS product until after that horrible Xbone debut. I want MS to get back to being in a position in power, but all their moves are gigantic wastes of time, such as this cross promotion, or anti-consumer attempts at becoming a monopoly.
that's the rub, I want xbox to do well because more companies making great games, win, like I want a new gears of war that isn't mtx infested idiocy and I wanted star field to spectacular, not ok

Top Bottom