• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked AC Unity gameplay videos up in the wild (edit: re-uploaded)

Did you cancel your preorder yet?

Haha very funny. I'm a huge AC fan and I'll no doubt get the game. But that just stuck out for me on the video too. Going by what I've seen its seems like it should of stayed in the oven a bit longer for a few tweaks. As that pop in is also atrocious.

Ps I have no game pre-ordered. I'll share play my friends copy first. Sensible thing to do considering the amount of games and how little funds I have right now! :(

owlbeak

Had this preordered, but cancelled after viewing the video linked in the OP.

Had high expectations after watching them talk about rebuilding everything from the ground up. They haven't rebuilt shit and it shows. Graphics engine and lighting look nice, but otherwise this just looks like any other AC game and I've grown very tired of the formula. At least Black Flag had something going for it with the sailing. I'll read reviews and read impressions on GAF and maybe it will change my mind, but man, what a fucking disappointment. :[

Yopis

Looks like the same ole thing. Was not interested anyway though honestly. Been burnt out on this since brotherhood.

This really bothers me. It just seems like something that happens often enough and wouldn't break the resource budget to fix. I mean at least make a stock animation for every haypile that makes it looks like it shakes a little or caves in a little for a moment. I mean something!

The previous games the haystack shook when you hit it and when you leapt out of it hay kinda flies off you too. Absolutely nothing here just a motionless asset.

Well it's the French Revolution, hay not flying around was acceptable. Was a very still time period.

And if you were able to see said hay flying you would say it is immersion breaking that he is hiding hay under his coat.

No matter what they do you will keep on shitting on this game. People like you can never get pleased.

Crowd/NPCs as dumb as ever. Someone needs to tell these devs to improve the A.I quality of NPCs and then the quantity. I was really hoping the current gen would be a leap in A.I from what has been static for all these years. But its all about improving the graphics/visuals to lure the gamers but still dumb A.I.

woen

16 new PS4 images in a new district with a new outfit and a video is coming soon
Same leaker as yesterday

https://imgur.com/a/HuUt3

JeUrx50.jpg

mTfPVfW.jpg

IDe3pjP.jpg

vH3ZaUF.jpg

Well it's the French Revolution, hay not flying around was acceptable. Was a very still time period.

And if you were able to see said hay flying you would say it is immersion breaking that he is hiding hay under his coat.

No matter what they do you will keep on shitting on this game. People like you can never get pleased.

Jesus someone's salty. I'll be getting the game day 1 for god's sake. It's clear from the footage that it's a bit rough in places but I'm sure I'll enjoy it. All I was saying is that considering the amount of code Ubisoft re-use and spread among other games, and that 'hay' animation was in previous games, it's strange that it's completely missing from this one. I wanted next gen hay.
/s

Oh and check this at 11:40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAHfsTtTIo

Kuldar

Had high expectations after watching them talk about rebuilding everything from the ground up. They haven't rebuilt shit and it shows. Graphics engine and lighting look nice, but otherwise this just looks like any other AC game and I've grown very tired of the formula. At least Black Flag had something going for it with the sailing. I'll read reviews and read impressions on GAF and maybe it will change my mind, but man, what a fucking disappointment. :[
Serious question, what did you expect?
It's AC. It will always be about climbing buildings and killing people. So even if they change the way you climb or the way you kill, it will always be the same thing.

iNvid02

fuck me dat scope. with this and the crew it seems like someone at ubi took "bigger is better" to heart. cant wait

woen

Crossing Eden > You have to paste the whole live from "http" to the "AA"

The game still looks fine to me with crowded streets and big buildings but the pop in is just terrible when he runs through a district.

Dr Dogg

Well there's one thing I can take away from all this footage the past couple of days and that's Ive not seen one rooftop guard. If that's the case about bloody time as it was getting a bit silly with half the particular games Factions milling about on the roof with you and just as handy at parkour too.

Well there's one thing I can take away from all this footage the past couple of days and that's Ive not seen one rooftop guard. If that's the case about bloody time as it was getting a bit silly with half the particular games Factions milling about on the roof with you and just as handy at parkour too.

there is one in this new video

SHEF

In that mega video the crowd pop in is really bad. At 14 seconds in the guy having his shoes cleaned changes into a completely different person.

woen

I really hope they will fix the mob pop ing, this is the number one issue.

Yep outside of guarded buildings/areas you won't see rooftop guards. And it's a good thing, it makes the game more coherent with itself.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yep, they confirmed that there are no longer rooftop guards, very possible that they may appear during missions though.

so is pop in something that can be patched? I genuinely have no clue.

Another thing that seems kind of weird is just how dumb the AI seems to be. I dont remember them being this stupid in every other AC games. I have seen several instances where someone kills a guard right in front of another one and they dont do anything about and dont even seem to notice

Those are my two only problems with the game from what I have seen. Went and paid off my preorders for Unity and Rogue today, so damn excited

eso76

I hope the pop up can be patched. Heck, I'd rather them halve the # of NPC's onscreen.
Looks great to me otherwise.

cackhyena

Ugh, watching that latest video now. the Combat looks so, so bad. I can't believe how many slices and stabs these fools take to go down. Make the revamped stealth count for something. Make it so combat on both sides is deadly and quick.

Shredderi

Calm down.

From another thread:

For what it's doing I think AC:U looks beatiful. IQ problems are pretty visible but I agree with whoever posted the post about graphics being about more than just that. The geometry detail etc. Where Infamous second son kept impressing me constantly with it's textures AC:U keeps impressing me with it's architecture and buildings. I just wanna go climbing absolutely everything. Definitely a buy for me. Didn't feel any urge to buy AC games after Brotherhood till now. I'm being impatient now but I honestly can't wait to see their AC 2015 where they can reflect and improve upon Unity. Can't believe I'm actually a little excited for an AC game again.

AHA-Lambda

Well I'm out then. Had my eye vaguely on it after hearing them say it would be different but forget it.

Crossing Eden

so is pop in something that can be patched? I genuinely have no clue.

Another thing that seems kind of weird is just how dumb the AI seems to be. I dont remember them being this stupid in every other AC games. I have seen several instances where someone kills a guard right in front of another one and they dont do anything about and dont even seem to notice

Those are my two only problems with the game from what I have seen. Went and paid off my preorders for Unity and Rogue today, so damn excited
Pop in is something that can be fixed with patches, and I think guard AI is determined by the number of diamonds
Pretty sure that it can be patched. And yea those guards have some pretty crappy peripheral vision. Thankfully there's very little if any lag from the framerate, which was my biggest fear.

Ugh, watching that latest video now. the Combat looks so, so bad. I can't believe how many slices and stabs these fools take to go down. Make the revamped stealth count for something. Make it so combat on both sides is deadly and quick.
Yea it seems that if you aren't combat focused then combat takes forever. Doesn't seem very fun otherwise. The nighttime video and the stream earlier showed much quicker combat where the guards die with a couple hits.

If only these leakers would upload a story mission. ._.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
yup that's definitely a side mission in an Assassin's Creed game.

parkour looks great.

that combat tho
FTExPJA.png

RayMaker

Banned
Its funny that every gen people want devs to use the extra power to increase NPC count, number of enterable buildings and number of buildings in general.

We get a game that focuses on these things and also improves lighting,textures and overall detail yet people still complain, you people are dumb.

Crossing Eden

A pretty badass move right here:

BGgN0bj.gif

Love it.
The animation itself seems like it's for full on walls but yea it looks cool. Ever since AC3 it's been a treat to see the kills that involve interacting with the environment.

Jesus christ! Is he using a lightsaber or something?!
heavy attacks seem to have a red effect instead of a white one.

Top Bottom