• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #278 - Bloodborne

I won't post the cover as everyone has seen it already:

Reviews
The Order:1886 - 4
Evolve - 6
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 7
Total War: Attila - 7
There Came An Echo - 5
Kick & Fennick - 5
IDARB - 6

Hype
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Swords & Soldiers II
Innerspace
Donut County
Sunset
Puzzle & Dragons Z
Outer Wilds

Features
Bloodborne - The Verdict - Conclusions from 40 hours with From's new masterpiece
Collected Works: Dylan Cuthbert - The ex Nintendo tech genius and Q-Games founder talks us through his lifelong experience with games.
Game & Watch
What does wearable tech such as the Apple Watch mean for the changing face of games?
Tale of Tales Meet Alexander O Smith the translator who's brought some of Japan's biggest RPGs to the West

The Making of The Beatles: Rock Band
Studio Profile The highs and lows of Hi-Rez Studios MOBA Monster, Smite.

Next Month Looks very much like Splatoon judging by the picture.

Outer Wilds hype!

iVFO3oFeWYA96.gif

Eggbok

Stealth Order 1886 thread, I see you OP.

I can't wait to play Bloodborne, just 2 more weeks !! Also would love to read that Dylan Cuthbert interview, I'm dying for more Tomorrow Children info!

entremet

Why are people shocked at The Order reviews still?

Let it go.

Post the cover, OP.

Everyone doesn't visit every thread.

wow...how do they justify the 4/10 Order score?

"There are moments when the game hints at what might have been... Yet despite the obvious talent at work, the studio has chosen to bury any potential under a fug of disassociative, QTE ridden game design that's as stifling as the smog that creeps through it's streets"

Not surprising. Once one bad review comes out, the rest of the critics dogpile. It's cool to shit on The Order like it was cool to shit on Destiny.
Or they honestly just didn't like it perhaps? It's hard to tell without reading the actual review, but I wouldn't be shocked if they gave actual legitimate complaits of the game, like a number of reviewers who disliked it have, just like Destiny recieved. There's no point in disregarding actual criticism because the game didn't fit the reception you think it should have.

The Order was fantastic. This mag likes living on the edge.

This is why I can't take people seriously on Neogaf.

Borrowed it the weekend after it was released because my friend was done with it by then.

That game is anything but fantastic. It the most mediocre to average game to be released this generation. Maybe I wouldn't give it a 4, but I wouldn't go higher than 5.

I don't care how many people have deluded themselves into thinking it was worth $60.

Absolutely incredible graphics though. that's always nice.

Peru

Not surprising. Once one bad review comes out, the rest of the critics dogpile. It's cool to shit on The Order like it was cool to shit on Destiny.

They should use the whole scale and rate it lower, it's still an overrated game. Everything wrong with aaa game production.

Abriael

Banned
"There are moments when the game hints at what might have been... Yet despite the obvious talent at work, the studio has chosen to bury any potential under a fug of disassociative, QTE ridden game design that's as stifling as the smog that creeps through it's streets"

Did they seriously write "it's?"

It would make just as much sense as the rest of that dribble anyway.

Steroyd

What!?

I've put hundreds of hours in Destiny and agree with every criticism made at Destiny.

Oh god this thread is turning into another thread bitching about The Order and its low score.

If you enjoy it, great. Stop being so defensive.

Very interested to read that making of for Beatles Rock Band.

At least the hyperbole in the review is consistent with the score.

This is why I can't take people seriously on Neogaf.

Borrowed it the weekend after it was released because my friend was done with it by then.

That game is anything but fantastic. It the most mediocre to average game to be released this generation. Maybe I wouldn't give it a 4, but I wouldn't go higher than 5.

I don't care how many people have deluded themselves into thinking it was worth $60.

Absolutely incredible graphics though. that's always nice.

Someone has a different opinion than you? My god, it can't be!

Abriael

Banned
Oh god this thread is turning into another thread bitching about The Order and its low score.

If you enjoy it, great. Stop being so defensive.

"don't dare criticize the critics! you're being defensive"

Last time I checked, expressing an opinion on a review was a perfectly legit thing. Critics can and should receive criticism exactly like the developers some seem to be growing more and more fond of bashing.

Ferrio

Banned
I think gamers as a whole have got way more time and entertainment arguing over The Order's scores than the actual game itself.

Toxi

Banned
"don't dare criticize the critics! you're being defensive"

Last thing I checked, expressing an opinion on a review was a perfectly legit thing. Critics can be subject of criticism exactly like the developers they seem to be growing more and more fond of bashing.
It's kinda hard to criticize a review you haven't read.

Top Bottom