• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Gets a Price Cut in Canada

Seems like MSRP is returning to $399.99 (~US$320) in Canada. This is the price it launched at, but it got a price bump in 2014 to $449.99 due to FX. With the CAD weakening even more, I was expecting another price bump, but I guess the PS4 wasn't doing so well in Canada with the Xbox One having the same price point as in the US.

Found these flyer images online:
DSC06886.jpg

DSC06946.jpg

I-hate-u

Good, now can we get the games down in price too?

Don't want to see $80 dollars games otherwise RIP buying new games.

That's good. I managed to pick one up before the price hike, wonder if it'l remain or if it's just temporary.

They need to do something about game prices though. I'm not going to be buying many at $85 with tax. I'm already buying a lot less with the current hike.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It begins. Price cut worldwide at E3? It would be egotistical but bold to do it this early.
I doubt it. Not for this reason anyway. It's all about the depreciating Canadian dollar.

I mean this news is that it's selling for what it did the day it came out in Canada.... Some price cut :p

Partying like it's Fall 2013 :p

you do know it's not just the games that are getting more expensive...

i mean, where's the cad at? it closed at 80 cents usd?

on topic, it most likely is the retailer trying to clear out inventory of that tlou bundle ps4. if the ps4 sales are getting lower because of the price, well that should apply to the usa as well but clearly ps4 is selling.

No_Style

I wouldn't call it a price cut yet. It could just be a sale. These two flyers don't show the discounts for anything. They just show what the price will be during the flyer cycle.

Two examples from the flyers posted:

If you look at the Disney Infinity figures in the Walmart flyer, it shows that it's $10 each. It's a sale because the MSRP for Disney Infinity figures is $13.99.

If you look at the lower right of the Shoppers flyer, it shows that Mario Party 10 is $44.99 but doesn't show that it's actually $15 off. The MSRP is $59.99

I would be more inclined to believe it's a price cut if this was a BB/FS flyer where it shows discounts and the PS4 is just listed at $399. Sometimes, they'll even highlight the fact that it's a price cut. I wouldn't get too excited until other flyers show up.

Along with the higher price came some pretty decent bundles. ebgames was giving a pstv with all ps4 purchases, that I imagine will disappear now. so if a pstv isnt worth 50 bucks to you, then the price drop is welcomed over it

remote play from another room in my house is worth $50 to me, but i can see why it wouldnt be for everyone

All the games are getting expensive...I want to support Xenoblade Chronicles but I don't think I can or should at this rate. =(

Xenoblade 3DS lists for $44.99 CAD, and FS had it as low as $39.99 for a day. Yes, that's what we used to pay for 3DS games normally. But considering the markup some games have gotten recently, that's practically reasonable:

gtMiLpS.png

Kunan

Our dollar is worth only 80 cents. I'm not surprised they're holding firm with the 70 dollar msrp, even though it makes me sad. As pointed out above, our salary numbers stay the same so we're getting screwed, but that's the economy for you.

Top Bottom