• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea Triple Collection Coming to PS3 in Europe

Shizuka

NIS America will release a Disgaea Triple Play Collection including Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, and Disgaea D2 for PlayStation 3 in Europe on July 10, the publisher announced.

The package will cost £39.99 / 39.99 EUR.

Get summaries for each game below.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

When the son of the Overlord steals a fake hero’s title, an all-out brawl for Evil Academy supremacy breaks out! Who will arrive victorious: The aspiring freshmen, the refined sophomores, or the mythical seniors? Fight it out, for the sake of the Netherworld!

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

In Hades, the Netherworld’s prison, Valvatorez, a Prinny Instructor, leads an uprising against the Corrupternment to fulfill a promise and usurp the current regime. With his Werewolf steward, Fenrich, the Netherworld President’s son, Emizel, the Unprinny, Fuka, the future Final Boss, Desco, and the mysterious Thief Angel, he is ready to correct the stagnation of the demons in charge.

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness

The Netherworld – a place where might makes right and today’s friends are tomorrow’s enemies. After a long journey with many ups and downs, Laharl finally finds himself as a full-fledged Overlord. However, the other denizens of the Netherworld do not see him as such, so he sets out on a journey with his loyal(!?) vassals to receive the respect he deserves. Along the way, Laharl will meet a girl who claims to be his sister, demons with bigger than usual chips on their shoulders, and find out that even his own body holds a few surprises for him…

xnUAUZA.jpg

Source: Gematsu.

AgeEighty

Damn, for a second I got hyped that this was a pack that included HD remasters of the first two games. They already have high res sprites for all the characters from DLC packs for the sequels, I believe.

Oh well.

Khrno

Damn, for a second I got hyped that this was a pack that included HD remasters of the first two games. They already have high res sprites for all the characters from DLC packs for the sequels, I believe.

Oh well.

D3 would also benefit since it uses the low-res sprites.

Ooooh nice!! I own all 2 out of the 3 already (still waiting on d2 vita port). I wish NiS would release thwir games on other platforms so they could get more money, I dont want NiS to die :( #savetheprinnies

If anyone is interested in disgaea I cqn vouch for 3 and 4, theyre really fun, especially 4, love the characters in that one (except for fuuka, shes really annoying imo)

Bousf

Too bad I have already played 2 of the 3, if this was PS4 I'd get it without much doubt, not going through it on PS3 again.

Dr Dogg

That's unlikely since these are probably just repacked copies that were sent back from each respective game.

Hey who know's. All MGS4 versions after the patch that enabled trophies has that on the disc now (sadly I know because I bought the 25th Anniversary Edition, the NA Collection and the EU Collection despite owning the initial release).

There's a trophy patch for Disgaea 3? What for?

When it launched it didn't have trophy support. It got added not long after and weighs in at about 600mb if I remember rightly but my concern is more for preservation in a world when the PSN doesn't exist.

Koren

When it launched it didn't have trophy support. It got added not long after and weighs in at about 600mb if I remember rightly but my concern is more for preservation in a world when the PSN doesn't exist.
Oh, I see... Didn't remember that you needed an update for this. I understand, although personally I don't think that missing trophies is a big loss for preservation reasons if that means a bit more money for Nippon-Ichi.

Still bothered by the fact that I haven't unlocked platinum on 4, btw. I only miss one trophy, and if I remember correctly, it's because I'm lacking a couple attacks animations, and after looking at the lists, it's most probably Asagi HD, but Asagi HD doesn't unlock in my game for some strange reason T_T

Koren

Do people trash their old consoles the moment a new one comes out or what kind of sense is that supposed to make?
Actually, I'm not sure that the audience for this kind of game have massively jumped the boat yet considering that JRPG (and tacticals) aren't common at all on new consoles.

I don't think it's a bad move, and even more so if they're recycling existing discs in a new box.

Dr Dogg

Oh, I see... Didn't remember that you needed an update for this. I understand, although personally I don't think that missing trophies is a big loss for preservation reasons if that means a bit more money for Nippon-Ichi.

Still bothered by the fact that I haven't unlocked platinum on 4, btw. I only miss one trophy, and if I remember correctly, it's because I'm lacking a couple attacks animations, and after looking at the lists, it's most probably Asagi HD, but Asagi HD doesn't unlock in my game for some strange reason T_T

Haha I'll be honest with you unless I become unemployed, and in the not to distant future at that, I don't think I'll have the spare time to Platinum D3, let alone D4, D2 or 3 & 4 on Vita.

Koren

Haha I'll be honest with you unless I become unemployed, and in the not to distant future at that, I don't think I'll have the spare time to Platinum D3, let alone D4, D2 or 3 & 4 on Vita.
It strongly depends on whether you stick for some time with a game or want to change regularly. I don't have much free time myself.

I got platinum on D3 (and 99% of D4) because I played them regularly over more than 6 month... Typically while listening to the news because I like doing something while I listen something. Platinum isn't so long, in fact, most of the time spend was on getting a "perfect team" with perfect equipment. Just because.

(And platinum on Vita are definitively weak sauce and easy to get compared to the console version)

Dr Dogg

Do we know for sure these are copies of previous prints and not new prints for the games?

I haven't seen Disgaea 3 new for years where 4 got a reprint or another allocation found down the back of the sofa at some point as it was out of stock for everywhere for about 6 months. D2 is possible to find new from a few places.

Aru

3 great games but playing all these games one after the other will get you burned out on the series.

Dr Dogg

Actually thinking about it since Disgaea 3 was published by Square Enix over here I doubt that's going to be used in this collection seeing as NIS self publish in EU territories now.

Shizuka

I haven't seen Disgaea 3 new for years where 4 got a reprint or another allocation found down the back of the sofa at some point as it was out of stock for everywhere for about 6 months. D2 is possible to find new from a few places.

Someone should check if that's the case for the other collections.

3 great games but playing all these games one after the other will get you burned out on the series.

Who even play games nowadays? It's all about hoarding.

Proud to say I own 1 copy of each mainline entry (D2 does count as mainline right?)

1+2 on PSP(With digital PS2 version frosting), 3+4 on PS3 and D2 on PS3. By the time I get around to beating all of them I will literally have a 50 foot beard growing from my face.

Actually, I'm not sure that the audience for this kind of game have massively jumped the boat yet considering that JRPG (and tacticals) aren't common at all on new consoles.

I don't think it's a bad move, and even more so if they're recycling existing discs in a new box.

As one of those people, I only started buying ps4 games early this year and it's mostly side interest stuff (I don't mind mushou and fighters and occasionally play arpgs). The ps3 has the vast majority of the stuff I play on it. The Vita only really killed my PSP because of the screwup that allowed downloading any PSP game. But I doubt that I'm representative of the target for this. I'd imported D3 from America long before SE got around to publishing it here, so this pack needs to timetravel back about a decade to catch me.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Do people trash their old consoles the moment a new one comes out or what kind of sense is that supposed to make?

I've seen many many comments with, what I assume were impatient people getting rid of their PS3s early. If it was a budget thing they had to trade up for a PS4, that would be a different matter. I think people think they are "done" with a system, or bad predictors of what may potentially come out later. Games like Sakura Wars V should be a good example to wait, if there are still unlocalized titles you are after.

What I'm mostly curious about is why these packs are only in the EU? Western games get bundled all the time, why not NISA titles in NA?

oni-link

This is NISA's third PS3 collection in Europe. We've gotten these two before it:

I like JRPGs (but haven't really played any more recent than Tales of Symphonia) but don't know much about either the games you posted or the game in the OP, any chance of a quick run down on all 3 and if you think they're worth getting?

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
More PS3 RPG collections is a good thing. The Disgaea package looks pretty hefty for a potential time sink.

ToGF-ToSC-Collection-EU-Listing.jpg

It strongly depends on whether you stick for some time with a game or want to change regularly. I don't have much free time myself.

I got platinum on D3 (and 99% of D4) because I played them regularly over more than 6 month... Typically while listening to the news because I like doing something while I listen something. Platinum isn't so long, in fact, most of the time spend was on getting a "perfect team" with perfect equipment. Just because.

(And platinum on Vita are definitively weak sauce and easy to get compared to the console version)

What does it say about me that I have the platinum for Disgaea 3, Disgaea 3 for Vita, Disgaea 4, Disgaea 4 for Vita, and Disgaea D2.

Nothing good I imagine.

Shizuka

I like JRPGs (but haven't really played any more recent than Tales of Symphonia) but don't know much about either the games you posted or the game in the OP, any chance of a quick run down on all 3 and if you think they're worth getting?

Two of those three got updated ports with all DLC and a few extra quirks on the Vita. If you have a Vita, get those. The Disgaea games are strategy role-playing games from Japan, where you control characters on a grid map and use different attacks and skills to take down enemies. The stories are pretty ridiculous in a good and lighthearted way.

Ryuukan

It's common to have upgrade offers, like gamestop giving a lot of credit toward current gen systems for last gen ones.

Also, some people, like me, don't replay games so there's no need to keep old consoles around

oni-link

Two of those three got updated ports with all DLC and a few extra quirks on the Vita. If you have a Vita, get those. The Disgaea games are strategy role-playing games from Japan, where you control characters on a grid map and use different attacks and skills to take down enemies. The stories are pretty ridiculous in a good and lighthearted way.

Hmm, i'd heard of Disgaea but not the other two, maybe i'll do some more research on them and see if I want to check them out

I don't have a Vita, but have been thinking of getting one for a while

Recall

Really hope the Disgaea games are patched as currently they all have pretty sizeable patches that almost equal the game sizes themselves.

Top Bottom