• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam reaches 10 million concurrent users - June 14th

T7TAMQU.png

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

kcxiv

Insane how ARK passed all the other survivor games. Guess people really do like dinosaurs.

Yeah, especially with Jurassic park. game fun died down for me after about 4 days. Optimization is the worst i have ever seen in a game and i dont like that they basically force you to tradeskills to get any kind of damned weapon.

I cant play this game serious though, to dink around for a little bit yeah, but outside of that, nope. Maybe in a few months.

Corpekata

Banned
Between Jurassic World setting records and Ark I imagine pop culture is going to just be shitting out Dinosaur stuff at an alarming rate for the next few years.

schlynch

great numbers for steam.

Insane how ARK passed all the other survivor games. Guess people really do like dinosaurs.

That's because it's new. The others had about the same numbers at release. Giving the state of ARK it will most likely start to drop soon. Yeah, there are dinosaurs... but overall it isn't that great, especially compared to the competition.

jediyoshi

That's because it's new. The others had about the same numbers at release. Giving the state of ARK it will most likely start to drop soon. Yeah, there are dinosaurs... but overall it isn't that great, especially compared to the competition.

This isn't correct

JdNk5lO.png

_machine

It's still really, really high. It is quite a bit higher than most survival games have gotten (most likely the highest) or even how rather big games like Cities: Skylines have gotten (which peaked at I think 60K during the launch). It's higher than Rust has ever gotten (58K peak) or the stand-alone DayZ (45K peak). So yeah, it's doing exceptionally well.

EDIT: Yeah, see above, it really has blown the bank for a release.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This isn't correct

I'm not seeing where he's wrong. ARK skyrocketed past DayZ and a few other's first month sales. But as you see in that graph, the longer the game has been on market/age the lower the playercount starts to dip until it's in the 25,000 player territory with some spikes now and then (updates?) for the player-base to race between.

BPoole

Waframe!!

DE has done a great job with Warframe. I stopped playing last summer after sinking 1000 hours into it, and at that time it would rarely break 10k concurrent players. It's consistently above 20 now.

Jumping back into it now is such a daunting task for me since I literally had everything in the game at the time I stopped playing, and so much content has been added since then that I wouldn't even know where to begin

BraXzy

Those numbers are pretty damn impressive. Remind me, has Dota reached concurrent 1 million peak yet? If not it's getting close, which is pretty damn impressive.

It's insane that it has a higher peak than a lot of big AAA releases get on Day 1.

Those numbers are pretty damn impressive. Remind me, has Dota reached concurrent 1 million peak yet? If not it's getting close, which is pretty damn impressive.

It's insane that it has a higher peak than a lot of big AAA releases get on Day 1.

Yes, it reached 1.2m during New Bloom in February.

XBL and PSN must be down.

IUnderstoodThatReference.gif

Nothing stops this train

It seems so. It is truly impressive that Steam seems to remain largely unaffected by the next gen console launch and it continues to grow. I was expecting some temporary contraction but it doesn't appear to be the case at all. Not to mention that the two most popular games on Steam are Valve titles. I mean, goddamn.

Top Bottom