• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam reaches 10 million concurrent users - June 14th

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I have no idea how big of a deal this is (not trolling). Anyone know how many people were using Xbox Live on average during the 360s heyday? Is this an all-time high for a single platform or something similar?

Rizific

i had no idea what ark was until i read this thread. huh, it looks cool. but i see its in early access. anyone playing it? how is it?

SparkTR

I have no idea how big of a deal this is (not trolling). Anyone know how many people were using Xbox Live on average during the 360s heyday? Is this an all-time high for a single platform or something similar?

2m was the only concurrent number we have for Xbox Live back in 2009, which was around the 360s heyday.

I think the major takeaway is growth, Steam's concurrent numbers have consistently been growing more than 1m users every year or so, only back in 2012 did Steam break 5m concurrent users. Similar growth is also seen with active accounts in general, it's growing at a very fast rate.

Nyoro SF

9.5 million more potential Valkyria Chronicles players.

In all seriousness growth can only be good in terms of userbase.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
2m was the only concurrent number we have for Xbox Live back in 2009, which was around the 360s heyday.

I think the major takeaway is growth, Steam's concurrent numbers have consistently been growing more than 1m users every year or so, only back in 2012 did Steam break 5m concurrent users. Similar growth is also seen with active accounts in general, it's growing at a very fast rate.
Oh damn! That's pretty significant, now I understand. PC gaming is on fire seems like.

Top Bottom