• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tequila Workshops (RIME) 'finished with crunch', Rime could be out very soon?

I guess that´s what it means.

HYPE!

Is there any other way to see it? I really think it must be the only thing that can be meant. I just find it weird that they haven't announced a date yet.. and with the hype at announcement I don't think a stealth release is a good idea.

Danlord

I have been waiting for some more news of this ever since the first reveal trailer, me and my friend are so hyped about this and were disappointed that there was nothing at this E3.

Bring on Gamescom.

Auctopus

This game's had such a weird journey.

Made a great debut with gameplay etc., then completely disappears and doesn't appear on Sony's 2015 release list and then a few weeks ago we hear how the game started out as some weird tower defence game...

I'm interested to see a nice 10 minute gameplay clip. Been on board since they said they want the player to 'express themselves through traversal'.

Melchiah

Sony aren't doing a press conference at Gamescom but they will be there. They'll have booths for a lot of european games and will likely be a big Indie game showcase.

I didn't know that. I wonder if they announce any release dates there though?

Melchiah

Maybe on the blog - but there's no platform to announce that stuff there - unless it comes out via interviews with devs on the show floor.

Have they so far announced the release dates for the more high profile indies on their blog?

Danlord

Maybe on the blog - but there's no platform to announce that stuff there - unless it comes out via interviews with devs on the show floor.

That will most likely be the case. There'll be a lot of press there as well as the general public so the news will filter out. Some developers might announce information beforehand to advertise their booth to generate more interest.

Also PlayStation Access <3 Recently become a fan since E3.

Moobabe

Have they so far announced the release dates for the more high profile indies on their blog?

Depends if you consider Rime to be high profile or not? It's difficult to judge outside of places like GAF if it's even registered with the gaming public.

So who knows? Maybe a release date from the devs on the floor, maybe one on the blog or maybe in Paris?

I hope Sony is going to give the launch some publicity and don't drop it on the store with nary a word.

No Gamescom for Sony. Paris Games Week (October End).

I'm still surprised Sony won't have any presence at the biggest games convention in the world.

Edit: Oh I see they'll have some presence after all.

WGMBY

This and The Witness are the 2 games I'm really curious about. Wish they were at E3 this year, but I guess them actually releasing would be even better :D

Moobabe

I'm still surprised Sony won't have any presence at the biggest games convention in the world.

Well this way Sony has a great E3, still has a presence at Gamescom (albeit no conference), a show to themselves in Paris and a show to themselves in Japan.

This game's had such a weird journey.

Made a great debut with gameplay etc., then completely disappears and doesn't appear on Sony's 2015 release list and then a few weeks ago we hear how the game started out as some weird tower defence game...

I'm interested to see a nice 10 minute gameplay clip. Been on board since they said they want the player to 'express themselves through traversal'.

Source? Last I heard, the original pitch was a survival RPG.

Sony usually announce release dates for their games on the blog, even some of the bigger ones.

Though I wouldn't read too much into this tweet. They might've just been crunching to hit a milestone.

Elios83

Summer looks a bit busy with PS4 indies, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Journey.
I guess this will be released during fall for marketing reasons even if it's ready.
Can't wait to look at new gameplay footage.

trw

How strange that it wasn't at E3 at all then, if it was so close to completion.

It's not that strange actually. You have to spend a lot of time making a demo for e3 and they seem to have been in crunch mode then.

Melchiah

Depends if you consider Rime to be high profile or not? It's difficult to judge outside of places like GAF if it's even registered with the gaming public.

So who knows? Maybe a release date from the devs on the floor, maybe one on the blog or maybe in Paris?

I personally consider Rime, No Man's Sky, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture more high profile indies, at least for the PS4 platform as Sony is funding them, but I guess it's open to interpretation.

This was their reason for skipping it this year.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ts_2015_Gamescom_gala_to_Paris_Games_Week.php
This is notable for developers because Sony claims to be feeling crunched by the shrinking gap between E3 in mid-June and Gamescom in early August; A company representative told GameSpot that "both PlayStation and the wider industry would benefit from a major news milestone later in the year."

I can't wait for that game. I missed it at E3.
I wonder what their plan is. According to xdev they have a "master plan".
I hope the master plan isn't a stealth release.

For people saying Sony will be at Gamescom they might not be, they are still not listed on the exhibitor list. Which i find strange have they ever commented on still having a presence at Gamescom?

Summer looks a bit busy with PS4 indies, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Journey.
I guess this will be released during fall for marketing reasons even if it's ready.
Can't wait to look at new gameplay footage.

RIME, Rapture and Journey are first party titles, not indies.

And even if all four games did all come out (though I'm not convinced RIME is even close to release), I don't think those four games coming out within a months time is really that busy. Spring Fever this year was way crazier.

For people saying Sony will be at Gamescom they might not be, they are still not listed on the exhibitor list. Which i find strange have they ever commented ons till having a presence at Gamescom?

Same thing happened last year, it doesn't mean anything.

Mononoke

Banned
Been wanting this game for a while. I too was surprised it wasn't at E3. The last trailer was so epic, I expected another wow showing at E3. But alas.

If it's almost out though, damn.

RIME, Rapture and Journey are first party titles, not indies.

And even if all four games did all come out (though I'm not convinced RIME is even close to release), I don't think those four games coming out within a months time is really that busy. Spring Fever this year was way crazier.

Same thing happened last year, it doesn't mean anything.

Good. It would suck if you go to Gamescom and Sony is a no show especially in the EU.

bombshell

For people saying Sony will be at Gamescom they might not be, they are still not listed on the exhibitor list. Which i find strange have they ever commented on still having a presence at Gamescom?

Shu did confirm their presence on the showfloor in the Kinda Funny interview at E3.

Top Bottom