• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tequila Workshops (RIME) 'finished with crunch', Rime could be out very soon?

Jyrii

Banned
It is weird that this game hasn't been shown much since the reveal.

It's one of my most anticipated games for PS4, so I hope they will show more (and release it) soon

mattp

crunch, not FINAL crunch

lots of teams will schedule crunch periods throughout the dev cycle

hope i'm wrong though!

Hopefully it is releasing soon because I can't wait to play it. Was interested when I saw the footage of the little boy in the red cape and how it reminded me of Ico :)

Second party I think, but I get your point. Not Indies at all since Sony is funding and owns the IP's

No. First and third party are actual terms, whereas second party is a made up term that some people use to try and separate internally and externally developed first party titles from each other. In reality though, I don't think it matters whether they're internal or external, so I don't use it.

Sony's funding and publishing the game, so it's first party.

crunch, not FINAL crunch

hope i'm wrong though!

Yeah, its unlikely this all of a sudden release. We used to have Milestone crunches. Would be a fantastic surprise though!

Would be perfect for a summer release before we get the usual flood of games from Oct - Dec. Even September this year seems packed with both big retail and indie releases. So, I would say August would be a really good month. Do it Sony!

It just feels weird this year as traditionally Gamescom was normally a strong Sony event and MS didn't have much of a presence, whereas this time it's MS going in all guns blazing. Don't get me wrong as I think it's great that MS is taking Europe serious, it's just I'll miss a bit of the to and through between the two.

PGW lines up better for a holiday pricecut and taking wind out of Halo 5's momentum.

Fat4all

Banned
It just feels weird this year as traditionally Gamescom was normally a strong Sony event and MS didn't have much of a presence, whereas this time it's MS going in all guns blazing. Don't get me wrong as I think it's great that MS is taking Europe serious, it's just I'll miss a bit of the to and through between the two.

Well, remember that Sony has their own personal conference this year (PSX) so they need to plan their announcements accordingly.

Sony isn't present at Gamescom, but they're in Paris Games Week on October 27th.
?
Of course they are. Just like every year. Even with the biggest showfloor again, as it seems.
They just don't have a live press-conference this year.

Well, remember that Sony has their own personal conference this year (PSX) so they need to plan their announcements accordingly.
They have the PGW (Paris) live press-conference for their europe plans/lineup.
And then..... the PSX conference (SCEA) in December. So still two live-conferences left.

As it looks like, Sony will once again have the biggest showfloor at GC. So there is your "all guns blazing" part.
To start the GC six weeks after E3 is a mistake imo (for the Gamescom dudes). But whatever, now we have another big Games Show ins Paris.

SCEE should consider a physical edition to fill their holiday lineup.

Do it, SCEE! I know you want to!

giphy.gif

AAK

Where are you guys reading that Sony has a presence at Gamescom?

According to this they're not even taking any floor space.

Servbot24

Banned
So... you are alla sure that it would justify a physical release all by itself?

Sure, if it's priced appropriately. No reason not to.

If I were Sony/MS I'd be getting these games physical releases just to make my platform look good to people browsing at Game Stop.

FelipeMGM

So... you are alla sure that it would justify a physical release all by itself?

We dont really know the scope of this game. Could be something bigger than we think since is already 2 years since we first saw gameplay footage and the game not
100 % done yet.

Also Shovel Knight is getting a $20 retail edition. I would pay twenty bucks for a physical RIME copy

Mononoke

Banned

Retweeted.

I'm really hoping this game delivers though. I really badly want it to be a great game. I wonder if this will be a $20 title. Or $40-60. The perception I've seen most have of Rime, is that it will be a low priced Indie digital title. That it won't be the scope/length of a major AAA title.

I guess we don't know a whole lot about this game.

crunch, not FINAL crunch

hope i'm wrong though!

Wait... so the game is finished and just needs to go through certification?
Or they just got through a big deadline, and still have more work to do.

Tweet does not seem clear.

My thoughts too. I think the OP and some of the other posters in this thread have really jumped the gun.

Microsoft always talk a big game. They were meant to have a big show at Gamescom last year too, yet the only thing that really drew headlines from it was their latest internet shitstorm. I'm excited to see Scalebound but they've had far too many rubbish Gamescom (and TGS) conferences to give them any credit just yet.

Read the thread. The exact same thing happened last year.

Instro

I feel like the reaction to the game probably opened up some opportunity for scope and feature creep. Given the background behind it, there may not have been much together when they originally showed it off either. Definitely not good that it hasn't been heard from for a while.

_machine

I'd say it's somewhat likely it was a crunch-period for a conference demo, a playable one at Paris Game Week for example.

I swear we get a variation of this news every year.

Sony is always, ALWAYS among the latest companies to 'register' for Gamescom, which means that their names are always missing from the first bunch of confirmed attendants.

Top Bottom