• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volgarr the Viking coming to PS4/WiiU/Vita/3DS

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
xA55qIb.png

xIz18ND.png

I'M SO EXCITED!

Already own the PC version, will be double dipping for the 3DS version for sure.

mp1990

Banned
Great, been waiting for a console port of it since ProJared listed it as one of the best games of 2013, and we finally getting it ! Can't wait, though I'm still not sure on what platform I'll pick it up.

Dambrosi

Banned
This is the one indie game I've really been waiting to hit the big time on consoles.

If the 3D is really cool, then 3DS version it is.

jett

D-Member
This is game is pure old school awesome. A must buy for anyone looking for a well-designed challenge.

Boney

Banned
Super excited to try it out, loved Shinibi 3ds despite some of it's issues and this doesn't have any publisher pressure so it can be as streamlined and wonderful as possible.

Amazing little game, only let down by the last level which went against the rest of the game (constant checkpoints and not much going on).

If you do try it and you should, know that the second level is a huge hump. It gets much easier after that.

I have this game on PC. The difficulty kills me, literally, many times. ;)

I wouldn't mind double dipping on this if I could progress further than the first level. I just know this would feel great on the Wii U Pro controller, but that may not be a good enough reason for me to buy it again.

I just checked on Steam, and I have logged 4 hours into Volgarr. In that amount of time I have yet to reach stage 2. Yes, I may suck at these kinds of games, but I still like it. I just don't love it like I love Shovel Knight, another old scool game, where progression is much easier for me.

Heysoos

Amazing little game, only let down by the last level which went against the rest of the game (constant checkpoints and not much going on).

If you do try it and you should, know that the second level is a huge hump. It gets much easier after that.

I struggled with the first fucking level. :(

This game kicks absolute ass, total underrated gem. Play if you like hard ass action platformers in the vein of ghosts and goblins.

Arttemis

Day one!!! I love this game, but I don't have a setup where I can comfortably play this type of game. This being on consoles is perfect for me!

That's not the last level. To get to the real last level you have to get on the Valkyrie path version of stage 2, and continue on the Valkyrie path through 2-6. Some are very different than the regular version. If you complete this, it unlocks the secret stage 7.

duckroll

I was wondering the other day what these guys were up to. I hope they start a new game soon.

They've been working on new game(s) for a while. I believe there's a more important "main" project that they're working on (could have been this, or could be Volgarr 2?) while they continue to prototype and develop Eternal Helix, which is their next original game which has been announced. It's a top down action game.

Holy crap, it's about time. Can't believe it's actually making it's way to Vita still, too. I've wanted it on Vita since it was being promo'd before release, even though I have it on Steam.

Maybe I can actually sit down and try to beat more than 1 level.

El Sloth

Banned
This game is awesome. Playing it right now on my brother's x1. Stuck at the third world,I keep trying to get a certain chest that's early on in the 1st part. Not stopping 'till I figure it out!.

fuck those jumping skeletons. The regular zombies can fuck off too. I keep forgetting about that damn sword embedded in them

DD-11

Lol, I know that feel bro, just check the post above you. ;)
Edit- I am a gamer from the 80's and even I can't handle it. The pain is real.

I finished the original Ninja Garden on nes, finished Rogue Legacy, and finished Spelunky "the right way", but this game is hard in an unfun and unfair way. The controls suck, especially the jumping, and you can't see far enough ahead of you.

I had high hopes, but it just didn't work for me. It's too bad, I loved (and finished) Rastan back in the day.

Ziophaelin

I finished the original Ninja Garden on nes, finished Rogue Legacy, and finished Spelunky "the right way", but this game is hard in an unfun and unfair way. The controls suck, especially the jumping, and you can't see far enough ahead of you.

I had high hopes, but it just didn't work for me. It's too bad, I loved (and finished) Rastan back in the day.

Ninja Garden anything like Plants vs Zombies? I'll have to check that out. :)

KarmaCow

I think they've since made the camera zoom a toggle if you're concerned about what's ahead of you.

And jumping is weird but it's a deliberate action like in G&G. You get used to it and especially when start using the double jump for precision rather than purely distance.

Top Bottom