• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you like Until Dawn to become a Anthology game series ? (American Horror Story)

Armadilo

Banned
Basically Until Dawn keeping some of the actors of the first game but with different characters with a different story, with some new actors as well to keep things different. Until Dawn becoming the American Horror Story for video games sounds good to me but what about you ?

dugdug

Banned
That's a really good idea, actually. If they could find a way to keep the production values up, while cranking them out on a regular basis, it'd be fun.

From a production POV it would also save costs allowing for some reused models/art-assets... which might help sell the game. IE cheap to produce, healthy fan-following, etc...

Plus, I genuinely think everyone filled their trope-laden roles splendidly. I think it was one of the best "acted" games I have seen in forever, mostly because it didn't aspire to be something it wasn't... and as such everyone completely pulled off the desired tone.

I'd definitely be in for an annual Until Dawn.

Toro

Banned
I just want more Until Dawn. However that happens is good in my book.
Oh god, YES! Exactly what I want. Bloodborne and Until Dawn are the two best new IPs this gen. Can't wait for more Until Dawn. I hope SCEE already inked the deal with Supermassive Games for Until Dawn 2 and 3!!!

CryptiK

Well going off the success it seems there will be a sequel. But it will be a long time before release me thinks.

hydruxo

Anthology series would be great, but I say have new actors every time. Don't do what AHS does and keep some of the same ones every year. It gets stale.

jerry113

Banned
Someone on reddit suggested making this into a series where the core connecting element is the goal to survive until dawn.

Just gimme more

Finished my second play through with friends last night and they were surprised how great it was

Some cool locations could be

-old haunted hotel
-Louisiana swamps
-island getaway
-circus
-space
-research facility or something along the lines of the movie cube

Just gimme more

Finished my second play through with friends last night and they were surprised how great it was

Some cool locations could be

-old haunted hotel
-Louisiana swamps
-island getaway
-circus
-space
-research facility or something along the lines of the movie cube

Great ideas !

I'm with this post.

Evo X

Would you guys rather they do a full fledged $60 release or short standalone episodes in different settings for $10-$15?

I just want more Until Dawn. However that happens is good in my book.

Yup. This is one of my favorite games (third playthrough and counting!) and I'm hoping against all odds that this is a big success for them and they can make a sequel, spiritual sequel, DLC, whatever.

Would you guys rather they do a full fledged $60 release or short standalone episodes in different settings for $10-$15?

Retail. I don't want to production value to drop. There's a night and day difference between UD and those 10-15 an episodic games.

Video games are way to expensive and do not have enough return to be made and released like that.

TT can do it because it has the license and GFX take waaaay less time.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Absolutely loved the game. I'll take another incarnation no matter the form.
Just make it pure slasher next time. Multiple endings and all. Just a mad slasher and nothing else

Karak

Yes that would be great and apparently that is sort of the idea, or the thought process. Until Dawn had its on fair share of issues but I would love to see them continue.

Technologically I am not sure it is possible without a larger turnaround than many are accustomed to. That rigging and facial capturing is intensive in both money and time.

HardRojo

I haven't played Until Dawn yet but from what I've been reading on GAF and Twitch activity, it seems like it's a really good game? Sleeper hit of the year perhaps?

Plasma

Banned
Finished it twice in the space of a couple of days I loved it and would absolutely want to see another one get made. I think it would be best to have an entirely new cast though.

Armadilo

Banned
It took 3 years to rework on Until dawn and update it from the PS3 version, Until dawn was announced in 2012 and was move game then. So 2 years for the sequel to Until Dawn sounds about right , they have the engine down

PayaV87

It took 3 years to rework on Until dawn and update it from the PS3 version, Until dawn was announced in 2012 and was move game then. So 2 years for the sequel to Until Dawn sounds about right , they have the engine down

If they can make an Until Dawn 2 in 2017 and Until Dawn 3 in 2019, i would be so happy!
(Plus Quantic Dream's new game will probably hit in 2016.)

Until Dawn should be different cast of characters everytime, with the running theme of surviving well... until dawn.

This isolated mountain logde was great setting.

They could make one with:
- Lake with a camp and woods.
- Cabin in the woods
- Haunted House
- Cornfields in Texas
- Old Hotels

Edit: Antarctic research station. Heck, give these guys the Thing franchise!

Walpurgis

Banned
I want one set at a school where the students have been snowed in without power and have to survive until dawn. And one of them would be a serial killer.

Mikey Jr.

I was thinking about a sequel and where they could go with it, and I kept coming back to....

Summer camp with camp counselors. Kind of like Friday the 13th and Crystal Lake.

Of course don't have kids in it, just the counselors. I think that would work REALLY well IMO.

SRTtoZ

I'm only about 60% through the game but so far its amazing. The ONLY hitch is the framerate during the outside scenes but if there was a game to have framerate issues, an interactive movie is the one.

Anyway, give us an Until Dawn 2 and I'm very happy.

Walpurgis

Banned
I want them to move away from horror games. Other genres of games are much more interesting to me.

They've only made one and it sounds like it turned out very well. I think they should make sequels to perfect their craft before moving onto other things.

Top Bottom