• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Puyo Puyo 2 and 3D Power Drift confirmed for 3DS [JP only retail collection]

Welp.

Famitsu scans are out, these are in the collection is seems, but they are real, and that list must at least be partially true for PP2, PD wasn't in it so that means the list isn't all we're getting.

Edit: Maze Walker and Fantasy Zone II (Master System) are also in it seems.

POWER DRIFT?

IN 3D?

tumblr_njr9nvsWeW1si3gq6o1_r1_500.gif

yessss fantastic choices. so glad they're finally getting to do power drift

if i wasn't already sold on the 2nd retail collection, this would certainly do it, lol. hopefully these two see standalone and worldwide release.

Tizoc

3DSGAF have been saying how much they'd want Power Drift to be be part of the collection. I take it these are not the bonuses for the upcoming retail release? Great if so :)

Tizoc

SEGA needs to do another sale with those so I can pick them all up.

No
No sale
Buy them all now.
To hell with your money plans and savings.
You can live 1 month without food
Do so and it means even more and more classics! MORE LOCALIZATION OF SEGA CLASSICS
WHAT'RE YOU DOING THINKING ABOUT LUNCH, THAT MONEY GOES INTO YOUR 3DS FOR THAT M2 SEGA GENESIS EMULATED GOODNESS!

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that I've gotten my 3D Outrun and the smaller N3DS this will give me something else to worry about not getting released here in North America.

daydream

Banned
fuuuck yesssss, great choices

how's the puyo puyo rights situation going to factor into a potential western release, though?

Conan-san

So what's the odds on Puyo Pop 2 having Wifi vs?

How's the puyo puyo rights situation going to factor into a potential western release, though?
It's all Sega's now so...non issue.

Unless they decide to convinently forget that whole "Let's not suck" thing they saying a while back.

The PSO 2 wound shall never heal.

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that I've gotten my 3D Outrun and the smaller N3DS this will give me something else to worry about not getting released here in North America.

Sega's released all the games sans the Master System ones from the first collection (Outrun 3D and Space Harrier 3D) in the west, I think Power Drift is a go, but Puyo is a big question since it never got localized officially. We only got an Import of it on Wii VC IIRC.

fuuuck yesssss, great choices

how's the puyo puyo rights situation going to factor into a potential western release, though?

Completely owned by Sega, so there are no rights issues.

Those games don't sell here though, since most of them never came out, but it can't be that hard just to translate the menus and put it out anyway. Puyo Puyo 1 & 2 arcade made it over on Wii Virtual Arcade.

daydream

Banned
It's all Sega's now so...non issue.

Unless they decide to convinently forget that whole "Let's not suck" thing they saying a while back.

The PSO 2 wound shall never heal.

Completely owned by Sega, so there are no rights issues.

Those games don't sell here though, since most of them never came out, but it can't be that hard just to translate the menus and put it out anyway. Puyo Puyo 1 & 2 arcade made it over on Wii Virtual Arcade.

oh, i conflated the tetris situation with the puyo puyo situation by way of puyo puyo tetris not making it out here because of ubisoft/tetris, my bad!

Tizoc

OK seriously people you want a better chance of these 2 games getting released in English? Wait til next week if non of the SEGA 3DS Classics go on sale BUY ALL OF THEM
WHEN THEY SEE THE PURCHASES SKY ROCKET THEY'LL BE MORE CONVINCED TO BRING THOSE 2 GAMES OUTSIDE JAPAN!

DO IT FOR YOUR FELLOW GAFFER, DO IT FOR YOURSELF, DO IT FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS, DO IT FOR #PUYO2@EVO16, DO IT FOR VIDEO GAMERS EVERYWHERE!

oh my goodness! 3D log scaling goodness all over my face! Power Drift will look glorious on the 3DS! I don't what 3D will do for Puyo Puyo but I would totally buy it if it was released here. I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't mind if they "Mean Bean Machined" the game as I dug the Genesis game. :p

So I guess that "peek at the RAM" thing from the other thread turned out to be true?

Lettuce

Power Drift???............FUCK YEAH!!!!!

I wonder if Rad Mobile, Touring Car, Virtua Racing, Daytona, Sega Rally would ever get this treatment??

Oh GOD please bring these to the west!!!!!

ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY.

When PP Fever was the big thing on DS, my brother got it for his birthday but never played it. I became obsessed with it.

Then I heard there was a second one, but only in Japan. Well, I knew the DS was region unlocked so I imported that shit SO HARD.

I played it nonstop for a year until I lost the cart during moving. I was heartbroken.

Then I found out it had a windows release with a translation patch. I was hooked again, despite getting demolished whenever I played online.

If they bring these over, or hell even PP x Tetris, I will pay ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY.

Top Bottom