• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Puyo Puyo 2 and 3D Power Drift confirmed for 3DS [JP only retail collection]

sörine

Banned
YES POWER DRIFT

Hoping Tsu is an arcade port rather than GigaDrive emulated. Also hoping it adds online play like the Wii VC Arcade release.

Bring on Wave 3!

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
sörine;178118678 said:
YES POWER DRIFT

Hoping Tsu is an arcade port rather than GigaDrive emulated. Also hoping it adds online play like the Wii VC Arcade release.

Bring on Wave 3!

Tsu is indeed the arcade version.

Oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god OH MAN

POWER DRIFT! We've done it! My hype is through the roof (not justified, but as close as humanly possible given it's M2). Hopefully this release isn't region-locked like the first one apparently is, and that we'll get this and Tsu overseas.

Yeah baby! Powerdrift!

One of the few arcade games I actually got really good at. I could get first places and transform into the Afterburner jet in the last race at will.

Truly fantastic music too. (Better than Outrun!)

cireza

Honestly I am surprised that they managed to achieve the 3D render on Power Drift, knowing the hardware on which the game runs. This is pretty impressive.

Because of region locking I don't know what to do. Should I buy those two retail collections anyway ?

AmyS

SEGA

GIVE POWER DRIFT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

uOfeiPA.jpg

x9yq5ea.jpg

Previously, Dreamcast was the only system to get an arcade perfect 60fps port -- It was included on Yu Suzuki Game Works Vol. 1.

WDOdhWK.jpg

The Saturn version of Power Drift, like Galaxy Force II, was only 30fps.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Honestly I am surprised that they managed to achieve the 3D render on Power Drift, knowing the hardware on which the game runs. This is pretty impressive.

Because of region locking I don't know what to do. Should I buy those two retail collections anyway ?

These compilations (or at least the first one) don't work on non-JP hardware, even with the region-free exploit.

rjc571

Banned
Holy shit Power Drift is gonna be INSANE in 3D! But are they really not going to release it as a standalone eshop game? I don't want to buy a collection full of games I already own just for one new one.

sörine

Banned
Holy shit Power Drift is gonna be INSANE in 3D! But are they really not going to release it as a standalone eshop game? I don't want to buy a collection full of games I already own just for one new one.
We're undoubtedly getting a Wave 3, I wouldn't worry too much .

Umibozu

Will get both puyo puyo and powerdrift if/when they they come here. Hopefully Outrunners also makes it onto a wave as well.

Wow, cannot believe we're getting Power Drift. Just amazing.

This means they can do Outrunners right? Want Outrunners so bad, but Power Drift will do quite nicely.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm pretty sure Monster World IP is owned by Sega.

Sega only owns trademarks for certain game/character names but the copyright for the games themselves was with Westone and is now held by some other company; Sega can't and never could just re-release them on a whim.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
WHAT? I *loved* the arcade version of Power Drift! And I remember how much of a ripoff the PC version was.

Any idea about which version of Power Drift this one is based upon?

AmyS

Wow, cannot believe we're getting Power Drift. Just amazing.

I know, it's just awesome.

This means they can do Outrunners right? Want Outrunners so bad, but Power Drift will do quite nicely.

It unfortunately does not automatically mean they can do Outrunners, as that game runs on the much more powerful System 32 board.

Power Drift runs on Y-Board, the same one as Galaxy Force II, which they already ported.

AmyS

Found some nice off-screen footage of the Saturn version, played on real hardware with the Saturn analog steering wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gR-SYShuME

It could've been arcade perfect (60fps) if Sega had given it to the A-team (Rutubo Games) instead of Phant. --Who were Phant, anyway? Someone on GAF must know.

NoKisum

So wait, Puyo Puyo is only available in the retail edition that's only in Japan? Thanks a fucking lot, Sega.

Guess I have no choice but to get Project Mirai now huh. Sigh

After finding out the 1st collection doesn't work with the current region free options is its time to get a JP 3DS and call it a day.

In other news, POWER FUCKING DRIFT!!!!!

wondermega

Power Drift - I am legitimately shocked (well, kinda) to see this being announced. Talk about a wish list game! Anyway as usual here's where I always say "well I sure hope it comes out here" but they are being real good about that stuff so I am not gonna worry about it.

As for the SMS games, I'd buy them in a second if possible (esp Maze Hunter) but that feels less likely to happen.

118124206975.png

nightStriker_(13).png

Man I wish M2 gods would be able to convert some old Taito games as well. Can you imagine Chase HQ or Night Striker on this thing? Anyway just keep bringing on the Sega retro goodness at least and all is well...

zmet

This is great news indeed! I just played Power Drift on the Dreamcast yesterday. This should be great in 3D. Give us Turbo Out Run and Out Runners next!

Tizoc

We literally just got a new Puyo Puyo in the West a couple days ago.

Of course, it's not called Puyo Puyo, and there's a whole Vocaloid rhythm game tacked onto it, but it exists!

Tetris is tied up with Ubisoft atm which is why Puyo Puyo Tetris isn't likely to get released in the west.

Honestly, just tweet SEGA and buy all the available 3DS SEGA Classics in the eShop so they get the message.

NoKisum

Honestly, just tweet SEGA and buy all the available 3DS SEGA Classics in the eShop so they get the message.

So buy a shitload of games I don't care about or already own in other ways to get the one game I do want? Sounds like a terrible time for my wallet.

Tizoc

So buy a shitload of games I don't care about or already own in other ways to get the one game I do want? Sounds like a terrible time for my wallet.

Hey I bought all of them, you don't see me complaining :p

I get what you mean though not all games are for everyone and one should just get the games that interest them. At the very least one could spread the word about these releases so those that 3DS owners that don't own the games can buy them.

Except for, maybe, Altered Beast, these are the best versions of games that anyone who considers themselves to be a gamer should own. This is like asking you to buy tender, juicy steak to get more steak. I am living off of family charity and a tiny bit of YouTube money. I still budgeted to buy these titles and I am going to get Sonic 2 as well. Your wallet will be fine and you will be fine. Just give in to SEGA and embrace the goodness. These are amazing purchases.

Tizoc

Except for, maybe, Altered Beast, these are the best versions of games that anyone who considers themselves to be a gamer should own. This is like asking you to buy tender, juicy steak to get more steak. I am living off of family charity and a tiny bit of YouTube money. I still budgeted to buy these titles and I am going to get Sonic 2 as well. Your wallet will be fine and you will be fine. Just give in to SEGA and embrace the goodness. These are amazing purchases.

To add the prices of these games aren't that big, it's not like each game is being sold for $10 each (well they're sold for under $10 but what I mean to say is they're not mega expensive for the type of releases they are) :p

POWER DRIFT!

MORE 3D CLASSICS!

MORE YU SUZUKI!

I CAN'T STOP SHOUTING!!!

3D Outrun must be my most played game between all 3D Classics. I'm waiting for more 3D super scalar racing games on my 3DS and Power Drift will look insane in 3D!

I really hope that M2 release a second batch of West Genesis 3D Classic tho. After Gunstar, I need Alien Soldier

why complaining for unlikely localization when you can go Youtube and then buy the japanese version?

anyway, I'll get this one too probably (the first volume is still unsealed lol )

NoKisum

I may have exaggerated about price, but it's still an unnecessary large request just to get a single game. It's like if Square said, "Hey guys, you want Kingdom Hearts 3 to come out? Then buy every other single game we showed in our last conference whether you care for it or not, and we'll consider it."

Top Bottom