• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 coming to NA, Gravity Rush Remastered is digital only

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/27/gravity-rush-2-coming-to-north-america-on-ps4/

Hi, PlayStation fans. In addition to Gravity Rush Remastered coming to PS4 in February next year, I’m excited to announce Gravity Rush 2 is also coming to North America, exclusively PS4.

In the sequel to the acclaimed PS Vita original, you’ll have brand new gravity-shifting options and combat mechanics at your disposal. Kat can now use three gravity styles that add more variety and combat options: Normal, Lunar, and Jupiter.
In Lunar style, the force of gravity is reduced, making Kat lighter and quicker. In Jupiter style, gravity is increased, slowing down Kat’s movements but making her more powerful. You can switch between Kat’s three gravity styles seamlessly to combine the styles into different combos for each situation.

22329920610_f2043a7898_z.jpg

Also new to Gravity Rush 2 is the Tag Battle system which pairs you up with an AI-controlled ally to take on the more serious opposition like Raven assisting Kat.
For all you fans who can’t get enough, Japan has a slightly extended gameplay trailer with a bit more footage of the various gravity styles and combat.

That’s all we can say for now, so I’ll leave the concluding words to Gravity Rush creative director Toyama-san himself, who has a message for you:
As you saw from the footage during the Paris Games Week press conference, you’ll be able to mix and match a wide variety of combat styles any way you want, so there’ll be enough action to please Gravity veterans and new players alike. And of course, there’s a whole lot more we haven’t shown you yet, so stay tuned!

22517861965_71ac021d28_z.jpg

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more Gravity Rush updates, and watch out for Gravity Rush Remastered landing in February for $29.99, exclusively via PlayStation Store.

I mean, FANTASTIC that we know for sure GR2 is coming west, but...

I was really hoping the figma edition would at least be limited online here. Maybe we can get a Bayonetta 2 style setup when GR2 launches, and have GRR on a seperate disc in the same package?

Boke1879

We're getting the game. Thank God. and GR2 has just been confirmed for NA. But people will still find a way to be upset at all of this.

woooow

Alright I'm importing the Asian copy this December unless SCEE decides to be awesome for once

EDIT: Oh wow, EU is getting it on disc

wtf SCEA. I guess that concered guy was right lol

Tagg9

x8bCyXm.gif

I was looking forward to buying a physical edition.

Edit: In case it's unclear after the title change, I'm upset about Gravity Rush 1 being digital-only.

Shizuka

I remember when they were trying to pull this shit when the game was announced for the Vita. It was almost DD-only, until they changed their minds, delayed the game a few months and managed to provide a retail print for the game.

You'd think they knew better. They don't.

psychotron

Is this price high? I mean, for a vita port it seems high. I never played the original but I might wait for a sale.

jbug617

Banned
would of like a disc because I haven't replaced the hard drive in my console. Hope it's not too big of a download

So can I import the Japanese version of the remaster with little issues, or would I be missing out on the texts? (haven't played the vita version)

Servbot24

Banned
In Lunar style, the force of gravity is reduced, making Kat lighter and quicker. In Jupiter style, gravity is increased, slowing down Kat’s movements but making her more powerful.

This doesn't make any sense.

Namikaze

Meh, I'm still down. GR is one of my favorite games period. I'd probably sell the physical copy at some point anyways.

Grisby

But... but the box art. The feeling of having it in my hands. That new game smell.

Say it ain't so Gaf, say it ain't so.

Demoskinos

Digital Only isn't surprising. Seems to be the trend now days. DMC 4:SE is another notable recent example of this. Japan gets a swanky physical edition and America just gets digital.

With any luck the Asian Language version will be in english?

Reveirg

why would this prevent you from buying?

Not a fan of digital versions: I like owning the box for my collection, I like the longevity of physical versions. I'll buy digital when I really really want to play the game though.

In this case, I've already played the VITA version so I'm in no big hurry to replay this. Maybe eventually once it gets a price drop.

Boke1879

I remember when they were trying to pull this shit when the game was announced for the Vita. It was almost DD-only, until they changed their minds, delayed the game a few months and managed to provide a retail print for the game.

You'd think they knew better. They don't.

Lets be real. A remaster of a vita game isn't going to move any significant software on the retail front. We're lucky Tearaway got it and that game flopped on PS4 as well.

Is this one of those "game barely manages to release in a particular region, but can only do so digital-only, yet some people still say 'physical, or no buy' without acknowledging the miracle they've been given," situations?

D-Man

What the fuck, SCEA? I don't mind digital, but I would really prefer a physical copy to go along with my Vita copy of Gravity Rush.

Still buying, but I'm very disappointed.

Shizuka

Lets be real. A remaster of a vita game isn't going to move any significant software on the retail front. We're lucky Tearaway got it and that game flopped on PS4 as well.

Why bother moving the sequel to the PS4 then? I think it's still reasonable to ask for a retail print for the PS4 remaster.

Top Bottom