• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Danganronpa Project Announcement Event" happening December 2nd (DRV3 info + more)

6gC9l.gif

Damn this Dec is packed. This, Game Awards and PSX.
EtE8gQh.gif

I liked the idea someone on gaf mentioned, about making DR1 and 2 as VR games (obviously letting you play normally as well).

Zalman

I imagine they'll do a collection for PS4. I mean, they have to if they're releasing the third game there.

GoldStarz

I imagine they'll do a collection for PS4. I mean, they have to if they're releasing the third game there.
DanganRonpa 2nd RELOAD, maybe?
last time they did a rerelease they had some official crossover art and added School Mode to DR1, I wonder if theyd put in more bonuses for 2nd rerelease

Their last venture with a mobile game didn't end up too hot.
To be fair, that was kinda just a generic game with some DR paint over it, probably made for some quick moneys.

FluxWaveZ

To be fair, that was kinda just a generic game with some DR paint over it, probably made for some quick moneys.

That's what I mean: that didn't really work even for a quick cash grab when they had to shut down the mobile game soon after it launched.

GSR

Other low-key possibilities: a DR2 iPhone/Android port (since AFAIK that one never got one like DR1), another anime adaptation (since they seem to still have a working relationship with the studio going by AE's cutscenes.)

Rich!

I want to see (DR2 spoilers)
the surviving remnants of Despair, in the real world. And theres always the chance the comatose ones can wake up somehow

GoldStarz

ArcSys 2D fighter for PS4/Vita please.
MAKE IT HAPPEN, SPIKE-CHUNSOFT!

Other low-key possibilities: a DR2 iPhone/Android port (since AFAIK that one never got one like DR1), another anime adaptation (since they seem to still have a working relationship with the studio going by AE's cutscenes.)

Most of the fandom actually hates the anime for rushing through things
they still want an sdr2 anime though despite that being even more packed with events

Neat, maybe a release window and a PS4 collection announcement. Maybe other games as well, even something like Ultra Despair Girls 2 with
the Remnants of Despair being the primary villains.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Neat, maybe a release window and a PS4 collection announcement. Maybe other games as well, even something like Ultra Despair Girls 2 with
the Remnants of Despair being the primary villains.
GOD YES, I would be all for UDG2 if they focused on that.

It's going to be interesting to hear what DRV3 info we'll hear. At the most, guessing we might see the main character design & maybe teases about what's being changed/added/removed.

PLS REMOVE IMPROVED HANGMAN'S GAMBIT

This smells like one or two spin off, maybe one fighting spin off from Arc System Works, maybe a Danganronpa HD 1+2 for PS4 and maybe Steam or Danganronpa VR being a thing (so PS4 remake)

SilentRob

Kind of hoping for a PS4 remaster, too - i paused my playthrough of Ultimate Despair Girls because of that. If it doesn't get announced on that event I can finally continue playing^^

PLS REMOVE IMPROVED HANGMAN'S GAMBIT

I actually really liked Improved Hangman's Gambit for the most part :<

edit:

Would love Steam versions so that I can gift them left and right.
As for spinoffs... Rather than it being spinned off, I'd rather see other franchises get class trial gameplay if there were a crossover.
(SDR2 spoilers)
I want to learn more about the SDR2 cast overall, DR1 cast got most of the limelight already. Especially the SHSL Despair variants.

Akibared

This smells like one or two spin off, maybe one fighting spin off from Arc System Works, maybe a Danganronpa HD 1+2 for PS4 and maybe Steam or Danganronpa VR being a thing (so PS4 remake)

Please stop...my body can't take that kind of hype!!

I haven't actually beat Danganronpa 2 yet... I should get onto that right?

Drop whatever you're doing and go play it right now!

pbayne

RPG spinoff for Vita,

ArcSys 2D fighter for PS4/Vita please.

That is a money idea.

I have a nagging suspicion D2 anime will be announced. Even though the first one was kind of shit.

Edit: Also haven't read it but could they do something with Danganronpa:Zero? Would there be enough content for a game?

That is a money idea.

I have a nagging suspicion D2 anime will be announced. Even though the first one was kind of shit.

Edit: Also haven't read it but could they do something with Danganronpa:Zero? Would there be enough content for a game?

Honestly it could only be a full on VN IMHO (dr0 spoilers)
except the very first killing game, which didn't take long anyway

DR2 anime will be great if they at least double the episodes.

Top Bottom