• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Danganronpa Project Announcement Event" happening December 2nd (DRV3 info + more)

FluxWaveZ

It's a 1 hour event which takes place from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM JST, by the way. Doesn't seem there's been any mention of a stream for it yet. It's only being referred to as a local event for now.

Here's what I think:
  • "New Danganronpa V3" information about the setting and showing off 1-3 characters, with some mentions about some important gameplay changes.
  • Key art for "New Danganronpa V3" and a release year.
  • Something directly related to Danganronpa: Another Episode, as the "PlayStation Vita the Best" version of the game releases on December 3, a day after the event.
  • "Danganronpa VR" release window and details (not quite a retelling of the first game; adapted for the VR experience).
  • [Maybe] Mention of a Danganronpa 1 + 2 port to the PS4, with extra content and a release window.

GoldStarz

It's a 1 hour event which takes place from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM JST, by the way. Doesn't seem there's been any mention of a stream for it yet. It's only being referred to as a local event for now.

Here's what I think:
  • "New Danganronpa V3" information about the setting and showing off 1-3 characters, with some mentions about some important gameplay changes.
  • Something directly related to Danganronpa: Another Episode, as the "PlayStation Vita the Best" version of the game releases on December 3, a day after the event.
  • "Danganronpa VR" release window and details (not quite a retelling of the first game; adapted for the VR experience).
  • [Maybe] Mention of a Danganronpa 1 + 2 port to the PS4, with extra content and a release window.

Seems like pretty reasonable expectation to have. I'm not expecting anything really major to be rolled out quite yet anyway.

Here's what I think:

Yeah this all sounds reasonable. I think we'll actually get a trailer of really early footage like we did with Another Episode (that first Another Episode trailer looked REALLY rough). At the very least, we'll most likely get confirmation on whether or not the protagonist is male or female. That SCEJ conference trailer had a shirokuma in the protagonist stand, and my guess is that the number of Kuro and Shirokuma's in the trailer are stand-in's for the male and female characters, with Kuro being male, and Shiro being female.

Kudo

Lots of possibilities with the event. Hopefully we get some juicy character design reveals and more info about DRVR.

GoldStarz

Yeah this all sounds reasonable. I think we'll actually get a trailer of really early footage like we did with Another Episode (that first Another Episode trailer looked REALLY rough). At the very least, we'll most likely get confirmation on whether or not the protagonist is male or female. That SCEJ conference trailer had a shirokuma in the protagonist stand, and my guess is that the number of Kuro and Shirokuma's in the trailer are stand-in's for the male and female characters, with Kuro being male, and Shiro being female.

Well I mean both Shiro and Kurokuma are male (Heavy DRAE Spoilers:
even if they're actually Junko
) so I don't really think that's necessarily true. Also, it's probable we'll just get an even cast split like we did the past two main games.

Clov

GoldStarz, fix that spoiler tag.

I'm really looking forward to the new DRV3 info! Wonder if we'll see the new characters? Since they'll be showing off other things as well, I wonder if there will be a new spin-off.

Event in December
FPyaEXm.png

Lets see what new info comes from it

GoldStarz

GoldStarz, fix that spoiler tag.

I'm really looking forward to the new DRV3 info! Wonder if we'll see the new characters? Since they'll be showing off other things as well, I wonder if there will be a new spin-off.

GAH! Sorry! I hope no one was spoiled because of me. O-o;

Drago

Fuck yes!!!!!

I can't wait, glad we're getting more DR3 info so soon! Really hoping for a cast reveal (even just a few characters would be enough for me) and maybe a tentative date.

GSR

Here's what I think:

This sounds about right. Throw in some merch news as well, probably. Maybe a bit more on that "and more" from the DR3 teaser.

I dunno, we got just that at the TGS event pretty much. Not sure they'll want to bust out another teaser so soon when the game's probably still in its early stages. (DR2 and DRAE both did a single early trailer and then radio silence until a much more finalized one.)

As for protag, yeah, they'll probably reveal them at that point. Unless they were being literal with the teaser and we really are playing as a Monokuma. (Not out of the question, given the Monokuma eye in the logo.)

I want to see (DR2 spoilers)
the surviving remnants of Despair, in the real world. And theres always the chance the comatose ones can wake up somehow

I want to see the whole group from before Danganronpa 2. AE spoilers:
There was a huge lack of them in AE, and even Nagito underwhelmed me

Jintor

I can't tell if it's just about new Dangan Ronpa info or if it's literally called New DanganRonpa v3 to take the mickey outta New Super Mario Bros or something

raven777

Apparently the setting is completely new from the previous titles.

The only thing they are bringing back is Monokuma and some of the game systems.

I can't tell if it's just about new Dangan Ronpa info or if it's literally called New DanganRonpa v3 to take the mickey outta New Super Mario Bros or something

The game is literally called "New Danganronpa V3"

Probably, considering the 2nd one in Japan was called Super Danganronpa 2.

Jeez, all we got were these two images and I am completely losing my shit over here. Really hope this doesn't take long to come out and get localized.

FluxWaveZ

I assumed there would indeed be new info for the game since the Danganronpa stream is timed to occur before the new issue of Famitsu releases.

Interesting two characters, there. I don't get a main character vibe from either of them, though.

This also confirms that they're using sprites and not a Danganronpa: Another Episode presentation.

Tizoc

I assumed there would indeed be new info for the game since the Danganronpa stream is timed to occur before the new issue of Famitsu releases.

Interesting two characters, there. I don't get a main character vibe from either of them, though.

This also confirms that they're using sprites and not a Danganronpa: Another Episode presentation.

The girl on the lft could be the main character, not like there were any striking distinctive features of the protagonists of DR ames so far :p

Should be interesting if it's far more separate from the first game than DR2/Despair Girls were plot-wise, though personally I never minded all the callbacks and
still think Junko was an excellent villain in both mainline DR games

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dude on the left reminds me of a futuristic Nagito.
I was thinking of the same thing.

The girl on the lft could be the main character, not like there were any striking distinctive features of the protagonists of DR ames so far :p
But she doesn't have that strand of hair sticking up acting like an antenna like Makoto, Hajime, Komaru, & Toko do in DR1, DR2, & AE.

....or what FluxWaveZ said.

Tizoc

She could be, but every DR protagonist DID actually share a distinctive feature: the ahoge.

You mean the antenna?
What if the girl's antenna is just different ;P

Regardless looking forward to more DESPAIR and Monokuma sexiness.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Please let the guy on the left be the Ultimate Cyborg or something.

......actually, from what it sounds like, are they not doing the whole "Ultimate skills" thing this time around, if everything is new aside from Monokuma & some of the mechanics

Mh, those images are sweet! I hope we get a really nice trailer at this event.
I wouldn't mind a release window too.

And if the game is too far away, I'd take another (heh) spin-off to make the wait easier.

Tizoc

Is this now a woman or a man?
Or both?

I meant right, lol.
But now that I see it the white hair dude DOES have an antenna, hmmmmmmmmmm.
Then again Hajime and Makoto's avatars didn't show up during normal dialog didn't they?

Lusankya

Yeah, it's weird. The guy on the left doesn't look like a protagonist, but features the ahoge every protagonist had in the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I meant right, lol.
But now that I see it the white hair dude DOES have an antenna, hmmmmmmmmmm.
Then again Hajime and Makoto's avatars didn't show up during normal dialog didn't they?
Nope, it was considered first person. Though Hajime's was seen when you were on the map if I recall correctly, but yes, that's a good point. Not to mention he kind of stands out too much when past MCs were meant to be the most "normal" of the group.

that hair spike is bothering the fuck out of me. looks too much like some weird sci-fi makoto.
I feel like I could pull it out & use it as a boomerang.

Top Bottom