• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth hacked, Usernames, Passwords, Emails potentially stolen

Par Score

Well, this has sure been a great week for Rooster Teeth.
Hello community.

Our site has recently experienced a security breach. Based on what we know, your username, password and email address may have been viewed; no other information has been accessed and we don’t store any personal information (including credit card information). As a safety precaution, we are force-resetting everyone's passwords. Please make sure, when resetting your password, that you select a different password, and if you were using the same username/email address/password combination on another site, change your password there, too.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We will let you know immediately if we learn of any more information regarding this breach. Your safety and security on our site is our top priority, so we hope you understand.

If you forgot what email you used on the site, please email your Username to "accountrecovery[at]roosterteeth[dot]com". (Please only do this AFTER trying all your emails, and if you're completely stuck)

Thanks, everyone!

Please Understand.

I cannot believe that in 2015 big sites are still storing sensitive user information in plain text. Encryption isn't perfect, but it's better than effectively handing over your user's login details at the drop of a hat. What a bunch of fuckups.

People shouldn't be using the same login info for multiple sites of course, but people are people and of course they will.

If anyone here has a Rooster Teeth account, and especially if they use the same login info for multiple sites, it's time to make some changes.

This may potentially also affect ScrewAttack users.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0043_mvrms.gif

faridmon

I really hope this isn't because the Giantbomb debacle, because if it is, then it will create a bad and scary proposition.

We are currently searching for a suspect. Have you seen the man in this picture?

tumblr_mu9n6pgMn11stwgddo1_400.gif

But seriously thats messed up that they store peoples information in plain text. In 2015. After so damn hacks. Thats amature hour shit right there.

Also the hack it self... hopefully not a lot of info got out there.

I feel bad for the users, but I think it is kinda some karmic backlash
In a perfect world, only the podcast crew would have been affected

Top Bottom