• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront is going to be giving out new maps for free

Dartastic

New thread for new news, I guess. People in the main Battlefront thread didn't know about it, sooo....

"We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass."

Sounds like more free maps are coming in addition to Jakku and the season pass stuff. Good. :)

Source: http://www.ea.com/news/the-start-of-your-star-wars-adventure

Based DICE. Just like they have for BF4. Cant wait to see what they have because this game really need more maps for the bigger modes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Awesome news. I kind of expected them to follow their same model, but there was so much noise early no to even try and put people's thoughts into perspective.

MNC

"New maps"

"Here's a sectioned off piece of Sullust for another round of Heroes vs Villains"

Boke1879

Good. This is good in addition with the season pass stuff. But we knew Jakku was already free. So this confirms we'll be getting new maps every so often.

Wow, this is amazing!
With a bit more content I could finally oversway some friends to the game, and I'm sure they can't resist the hype nearer the movie release.

MiguelItUp

"We fucked up"

Not at all. This is all just further backpacking the models they had for Battlefield 3 and 4.

Wow, sucks for people who bought the Season pass. Good for the entire community though.
Why does it suck? There's still going to be 4 packs for the Season Pass. There's just most likely going to be content here and there available to everyone. Sounds more like a win-win in any situation honestly.

Hikami

More 40 player maps hopefully, that's all I want. I think the other modes have quite a selection already.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"We fucked up"

This was not known before right? So this is obviously a response to the backlash?

Except that is not how development works. But keep finding something where this is nothing GAF.

However, lets say for the sake of argument, this is what it is? Isn't this a fucking victory and always a good thing then? Always negative spin even in positive news. /sigh

Wow, sucks for people who bought the Season pass. Good for the entire community though.

Lol, what?

Wow, this is great! I'm assuming this doesn't necessarily mean that new planets will be free, though. In any case, I would be happy with variations of the Walker Assault maps. Dusk on Tatooine, night on Endor. Things like that would be cool.

Boke1879

Nah people you buy the season pass still get that content. I assume the free maps will be handled like Jakku. Something they throw out to consumers every now and then.

This is good though. Shouldn't be looked at as a negative.

I'd bet what they are doing is taking the Season Pass planets and giving like one map from each for free, that was originally intended to be Season Pass-only - this way they can counter the "not enough content" image while also getting advertising for the DLC, without doing much extra work.

Jito

Banned
"New maps"

"Here's a sectioned off piece of Sullust for another round of Heroes vs Villains"

Are you suggesting that the Heroes Vs Villains / Blast maps are just parts taken out of the larger maps? Because they're not. Either you've not played the game or you don't pay much attention to what maps you're playing on?

MrDaravon

This is good news. I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not going to be super cynical and say they're just carving out stuff from the season pass like some folks, let's at least see what this stuff is first lol.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'd bet what they are doing is taking the Season Pass planets and giving like one map from each for free, that was originally intended to be Season Pass-only - this way they can counter the "not enough content" image while also getting advertising for the DLC, without doing much extra work.

This is likely what will happen, also as a way to prevent the fanbase from fragmenting too much.

This is why I never understand all the Season Pass hate when it comes to DICE. They always provide significant support for their games.

MiguelItUp

Wich models? Only BF4 had some free maps now. Wich was after the premium calender ended.

Back to Karkand was kind of the same thing. I know they did something similar for 4 and Hardline as well I believe. I could be mistaken. Regardless I don't see any of this as a "we fucked up" situation, that's just silly. It sounds like they created a lengthy development doc and timeline to keep interest in the game for a long period of time. Much like they have with their games in the past. The one thing I'm wondering is how much more they're planning on delivering for free. The more content the better!

majik13

I mean technically the 2 maps of Jakku would already count as "maps in the coming months"

Jakku is mentioned separately in the paragraph before this info, so the way its worded, is that on top of Jakku, there is more free stuff.

"...2 free maps on Jakku, and a new mode in 2 weeks..."
"Also, in the future...more free maps and cards in the coming months"

dr guildo

"We fucked up"

4i5EK.gif

Top Bottom