• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...is Link a Jew or an Aryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jko

hooo said:
It certainly is a religion and it certainly was a race due to centuries of antisemitism from the outside and religious pressures from the inside. They were pushed away and kept to themselves.

As for Link, he's becoming more metro by the decade. Pretty soon Zelda's going to become the butch one.
it has already begun...
tpartzelda01qn9.jpg

MegaByte

accueillc0.jpg

What's great about this pic is that it actually shows Link carrying all the crap that he's collected during his adventure.

jko

MegaByte said:
accueillc0.jpg

What's great about this pic is that it actually shows Link carrying all the crap that he's collected during his adventure.
lol wow! i didn't even realise that! awesome! :)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Tr4nce said:
At first I didn't get it either. Hint: Look at the bold dude and the position of his arm.
Could someone spell it out for me because i still don't get it. Is it that his arm kind of looks like a sword being plunged into him or something?

hooo said:
It certainly is a religion and it certainly was a race due to centuries of antisemitism from the outside and religious pressures from the inside. They were pushed away and kept to themselves.

As for Link, he's becoming more metro by the decade. Pretty soon Zelda's going to become the butch one.

where is the link to that ROFL Copter when you need it?

Religion is not a race,
Ethnicity is not a race,
Citizenship is not a race,
Nationality is not a race,

especially after centuries and centruries of migration, invasions, breeding and displacement.

papercut

WordAssassin said:
I dissagree. I've been slammed many times for saying "Jew" isn't a race, it's a religion, this thread is very nformative!

Americans consider it a religion. The Old World and the Jews themselves consider it an ethnicity.

J-Rzez

Deku said:
More proof!

normal_Level3%7E0.PNG

Edit: If you're offended, I'm truly sorry, so are the worlds buddhist. Actually I think Link is buddhist or practices some form of shinto-buddhism.

OMG... now that's frikkin' hilarious! Well... to lot's of ppl, that symbol = nazi.... but, that symbol also = good luck in cultures as well... so, there's really no offense to be taken...

wave-E

Banned
nelkon and parker said:
Edit: I'm pretty sure northen Indian's have their roots derived from persia, not the other way round. I'm northen Indian myself, so I looked up on this.
Not that it matters, but no. Both have Indo European stock, but no.

And Jewish is most certainly an ethnicity. Wiki it or something, damn

wave-E

Banned
Yes yes there is certainly a jewish religion that anyone can come into, but it is ludicrous to deny a specific set of semite people, the jews, exist as a genetic race. It is just wrong.

Edit: madonna may be a jew but she sure as hell isn't a jew

wanderer

wave-E said:
Yes yes there is certainly a jewish religion that anyone can come into, but it is ludicrous to deny a specific set of semite people, the jews, exist as a genetic race. It is just wrong.

Edit: madonna may be a jew but she sure as hell isn't a jew
If her mother is Jewish then technically she (can be / is) considered a Jew, regardless of whether she see's herself as one or not.

rafman400

jko said:
For those of you who are old enough, you'd remember Link used to have BROWN hair:

accueillc0.jpg
accueiljv0.jpg

Yes, even the infamous cartoon show in the late 80's(which I love, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me) depicted him with a DARK hair tone:

zelda4eh6.jpg

However, as the 90's came to pass, he miraculously turned a BLONDE...WITH BLUE EYES:

212916326qs6.jpg

So...what gives?!?!?!?
I thought all the links were not related.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
WTF at this thread. Isn't Link of another RACE that does not exist in real life and people are talking about him being jewish and aryan.

This is some shit. If someone say where are the Black characters in games, people come up and say that there are no "humans" in games that they are some fictional race and now this crap.

Link isnt white.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
From wiki

A peculiarity of the character is that there are several different incarnations of Link throughout the series, although they share a number of distinctive characteristics. The existence of multiple Links is made obvious on many occasions in the games; for example, the introduction sequences of The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap refer to an ancient, legendary champion, identical in appearance to Link, and TWW directly mentions the “Hero of Time” (a title given to Link in Ocarina of Time) as a historical entity. Because of this unique situation, Link may be referred to both singularly and plurally throughout this article. Miyamoto confirmed that there were multiple Links in late 2003; however, the exact chronology of the Legend of Zelda series is subject to debate among fans, and apart from a few fairly clear pairings it is uncertain which of Link’s incarnations appears in each of the games. Even “official” timelines tend to contradict previous “official” timelines. A theory to explain the similarities, actually proposed by Ganondorf in The Wind Waker, is that they are all reincarnations of the same heroic individual.

So...is Link a Jew or an Aryan?

i know the answer! (it's a trick question, isnt it???)
link's.... an elf!
where's my prize?

Acosta

Is funny, specially taking on count that the true meaning of "Aryan" comes to define an ancient culture from India (where, you know, people were not famous for their blond hair).

The term was used as well to define a type of noble lineage in ancient Persia. Actually, "Iran" is a cognate of Aryan and means "Land of the Aryans."

The term was corrumpted for nazism, intellectuals which believed in theories of superiority changed the meaning of Aryan to describe their "superiority lineage". But the term "Aryan race", if something really far away from the image many people have in mind (and actually it makes no sense, "Aryan" can´t be used to describe a simple race).

But, yes, whatever, this thread is completely dumb. But if you want to know about the true meaning of "Aryan" and learn something useful, I suggest you search the term in wikipedia, that have a good article about this.

NeonZ

Oblivion said:
I dunno. It seems the color's off on that picture. If not, in LttP, he seemed more blonde.

http://www.thelostwoods.net/image/thumbnail_imgALTTPFS11.gif

Isn't that artwork from the Alttp remake? IIRC, they used the old artwork, but recolored everything.

Alttp Link had Pink hair in-game and dark yellow hair in the original artwork, but in the remake's artwork they made his hair lighter (though they kept his in game sprite unchanged).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom