• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft reiterates For Honour will have full single player campaign

This was touched on a bit back at E3 but reiterated again it will be a full-on single player campaign. Nice to have it double confirmed for those who were iffy on it!

Link to For Honor highlights video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcyoPqpDSDM

For Honor was unveiled at E3 2015 as a four-on-four melee battle game in which Knights, Samurais, and Vikings smack the holy hell out of each other with various sorts of vicious-looking blunt and bladed weapons. It had fairly obvious echoes of games like War of the Roses and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, albeit on a smaller scale, including what appeared to be a very clear focus on multiplayer. In a recently-released “Producer Highlights” video, however, Producer Stephane Cardin confirmed that there will be a full solo campaign as well.

The existence of a single-player mode, as noted by IGN, was actually touched on at E3, but went largely unnoticed and hasn't really come up since. “One of the big questions we receive in feedback is about the solo campaign,” Cardin says in the video. “We said that we will have a solo campaign, and I can promise you that we will have a solo campaign. It's one of the key subjects we are working on, on the floor. I can't wait to show stuff to you guys, and we'll do it as early as possible, like we did with the multiplayer.”
http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-confirms-that-for-honor-will-have-a-full-single-player-campaign/

ViciousDS

Banned
just saw this on twitter

very nice.....happy that games still get at least some sort of a real single player campaign that look multiplayer heavy.

edit: vvvvvvvvvvv oh gosh, I forgot how bad Brink was.

I'm looking forward to this. I get a Ryse vibe from it, which is fine by me, as I loved Ryse despite its shortcomings (i.e. too short/linear, etc.)

usp84

Good news. Gameplay seems great but without a single player campaign i wouldn't be very interested

mnannola

“We said that we will have a solo campaign, and I can promise you that we will have a solo campaign. It's one of the key subjects we are working on, on the floor.

This quote makes it seem like the game is no where near completed. Isn't this a 2016 title?

Kezen

Banned
I wonder how big the SP portion will be. It seems to mainly be a multiplayer game with tacked on SP.

Not interested if so.

Thought it was mp only and was fine with it, this is cool. Hopefully it's as good as it looks, Chivalry has gotten old.

Oh wait, 4v4 and bot centric? Hmm

Fbh

I'm really hyped about this game.
But yeah, they focused a bit too much on multiplayer with what they have shown. I've talked to several people that were sure this was a multiplayer only game.

Now, I hope it's an actual single player and not just some matches against bots with cutscene in between. A single player game in this style has a ton of potential

L1NETT

Think a Battlefront-y style Galactic Conquest/BFME War of the Ring mode would work well for this, as opposed to a more linear thing with some half baked narrative forced in there.

Choose one of the three factions, turn based, capturing provinces instead of planets, each province grants you some tax revenue, can buy better folks for your army, controlling a section of provinces grants you a special hero chap or whatever. Army is a select number of respawn tickets etc

Wouldn't require much additional AI scripting/different maps and would give it more replay value to someone like me.

so errrr if some ubi dev reads this thread errrr could you do that please

thanks

IvanJ

Banned
I thought it was multiplayer only, they seem to be focused on it a lot.
I guess I'll put it on my "maybe" list, I'm not a fan of knights and swordfights, so the single player campaign will have to be brilliant to convince me to play it.

Basically the only Ubisoft game I'm looking forward to with high hopes. I thought the reveal was great, game looks interesting and it's not like 3rd Melee combat multiplayer games are a dime a dozen. Would love to play knights vs samurai, it's just a great concept that I'm surprised hasn't been done by a AAA studio/publisher before. Not sure how it will actually perform though.

Dawg

Cool.

This means I might actually play it one day.

image.php

This just popped right on my bloody radar with this assertion. Full campaign hack and slash, with a solid, full fledged multiplayer sounds like it could be awesome if it pans out.

LKSmash

I wonder if there will be true story lines for each faction or if it will just be a way to learn the ins and outs for each before you jump online.

AHA-Lambda

Hope so, but somehow I doubt it. Ubi seems to think that R6 Siege's offerings constitute a sufficient single player offering

Here's hoping for a campaign longer then 10 hours.

I'm not a huge multiplayer guy, but if the single player is long enough. I'd get it Day 1.

How can a French company not spell it as For Honour?

What a disgrace to the English language.

Ubisoft's games outside of their biggest projects (AC, Watch Dogs,The Division) have been turning out pretty inspired for me (Rainbow Six Siege, Grow Home, For Honour, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman), so good for them.

I actually didn't know this, good news though. I was planning on getting the game anyways, but having a campaign is always nice.

Alexm92

I was sure this would be multiplayer only when I saw the announcment. Glad theres a single player element because I'm not big on multiplayer due to a bad internet connection. Might pick it up if it reviews well

That's good to know. Was loosely following it and got the impression it was PvP only. That moves it up the priority and hype list quite a bit.

Hope so, but somehow I doubt it. Ubi seems to think that R6 Siege's offerings constitute a sufficient single player offering
They never described R6 Siege's SP as a 'full solo campaign' though. In fact they said it'd only be some 'scenarios' you could play by yourself.

IvanJ

Banned
How can a French company not spell it as For Honour?

What a disgrace to the English language.

Ubisoft's games outside of their biggest projects (AC, Watch Dogs,The Division) have been turning out pretty inspired for me (Rainbow Six Siege, Grow Home, For Honour, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman), so good for them.

They are probably using the version of English that is used by more people and taught everywhere else in the world.

bede-x

The question then becomes whether it's a singleplayer "campaign" like the new Rainbow Six, 50 hours of unlocking towers and doing fetch quests or a proper campaign mode you'll actually want to revisit in 10+ years. Would be really exciting if it was the latter.

Staf

The game looks great but have little to no interest in multiplayer. Fingers crossed for a proper singleplayer campaign.

it will probably be on the caliber of battlefield single player campaigns. you dont debut a good single player game with multiplayer mode.

Top Bottom