• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft reiterates For Honour will have full single player campaign

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It looks boring, so I'm hoping the campaign will be something like Ryse's...but probably not.

I'm not sure boring would be a term I used to describe a game, let alone anything, that we've seen such a tiny amount from. Most every video on this game with actual gameplay footage has come from last years E3, they have shown nothing else and have barely spoke about it.

Hell the game is not something I'd call boring looking for the very interesting and refreshing melee combat ideas such as stances, attack angles, etc. Again this is not Ryse despite it having people from ancient times killing each other with melee weapons.

I'm not sure boring would be a term I used to describe a game, let alone anything, that we've seen such a tiny amount from. Most every video on this game with actual gameplay footage has come from last years E3, they have shown nothing else and have barely spoke about it.

Hell the game is not something I'd call boring looking for the very interesting and refreshing melee combat ideas such as stances, attack angles, etc. Again this is not Ryse despite it having people from ancient times killing each other with melee weapons.
I want Ryse 2 so much with fighting taking cues from this game. It would be so awesome. Shame Crytek just rather sits on Ryse IP than sells it to MS.

More on topic, I wonder what kind of SP this will have? Maybe 3 mini stories focusing on different times with samurais, knights and Vikings, which then intervene thematically? That could be cool if done right, I hope it's not these three fighting in same story.

This thread just made me realise this game exists.

Looks interesting... I am curious how it controls on mouse and keyboard.

jayu26

I am curious as to why some are excited for this game. Are you guys exicted about the combat system? If so why? All I have seen is that E3 trailer and it looked very average, acutally it looked less than average.

Binabik15

I am curious as to why some are excited for this game. Are you guys exicted about the combat system? If so why? All I have seen is that E3 trailer and it looked very average, acutally it looked less than average.

Mordhau.

That's all it needs.

Yeah I am not believing it till I see it, after the disaster of the so-called scenarios of Rainbow 6 Siege. To be honest I have no faith in Ubisoft lately, When it comes to stories they lost it Watch_Dogs was god awful to me, Splinter Cell Blacklist was so flawed, and I hear Assassin's Creed Syndicate story is non existent, so I am not really optimistic when it comes to anything from Ubisoft. Sure I am interested in For Honor cause it is something new, but I feel it won't live up to my hype.

Inspector Q

Think a Battlefront-y style Galactic Conquest/BFME War of the Ring mode would work well for this, as opposed to a more linear thing with some half baked narrative forced in there.

Choose one of the three factions, turn based, capturing provinces instead of planets, each province grants you some tax revenue, can buy better folks for your army, controlling a section of provinces grants you a special hero chap or whatever. Army is a select number of respawn tickets etc

Wouldn't require much additional AI scripting/different maps and would give it more replay value to someone like me.

so errrr if some ubi dev reads this thread errrr could you do that please

thanks

Yeah man, this got me thinking of something along the lines of Dragon Force or Brigandine or even old school Gemfire, where you have a world map and have to conquer different territories.

They don't even need to limit it to just three factions. They can come up with 6-8 factions, each with their own leader and hero characters.

Obviously, I am getting ahead of myself here. This will probably never happen, but I sorely miss games like these. And combining that type of campaign with the crazy battle system of For Honor seems like it would be amazing.

Either way, I am definitely looking forward to this game.

If Ben Moore, a man who has an excellent taste in videogames, called this the best (playable) game of E3 last year, I sit up and take notice.

Good idea, interesting combat system and it seems like a real passion project for Jason Vanderberghe.

I'm looking forward to this game. It was on my radar even before this single player campaign announcement, no matter how significant it is.
New IP with new formula from Ubisoft is always a good thing to anticipate.

Artdayne

The combat in this game looks absolutely fantastic and I have a lot of high hopes for what hasn't yet been released. There are supposed to be a few classes within each faction (samurai, knights, vikings) and you can customize the appearance of them to some degree. I absolutely love the way the combat is handled in this game, it looks like one of the best takes on medieval swordfighting that I've seen yet.

Fisico

Clearly a MP focused game where a solo mode will be shoved in because, you know, people will complain otherwise and it will make the game an easier sell.

Makes no sense at all on a creative point of view (mind you it's the producer who is talking there :D) but it can't be helped I guess.

Top Bottom