• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6: release date and "that character" to be revealed on 3/6 livestream

GSR

Ace Attorney doesn't often get announcements of announcements, but here we are: Capcom has announced a special live broadcast for AA6 on March 6th in collaboration with Ameba Fresh!

The broadcast will reveal the game's release date, as well as promises "that" unannounced character will be shown off.

Hosting are two of Capcom TV's MCs, as well as special guest Rio Uchida. The broadcast will begin at 13:00 JST on March 6th and run for two hours; you can view the channel here.

GSR

I do like that they're not really even hiding that they've been holding out on the Maya announcement to generate hype. May as well own it rather than just dump it in Famitsu some week.

Wazzy

Banned
Can it be Iris?

Because they've ignored her since 3.

I know it's Maya and it will be nice to see her but please god no romance between her and Phoenix

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Finally, Wendy Oldbag returns.
YcAQlkx.gif

Can it be Iris?

Because they've ignored her since 3.

I know it's Maya and it will be nice to see her but please god no romance between her and Phoenix

Oh Wazzy, you and I both know we can't something as trivial as an old college romance get in the way of the beloved Phoenix/Edgeworth ship.

Seriously?

iyVSavR.jpg

I'm so sick of this "A ghost did it!" garbage. Please find some other gimmick, Capcom.

Well I mean, that is (actual spoilers, not joke spoiler tag use)
"a ghost did it" to my recollection has only happened in one single case, and was briefly discussed and dismissed in another unless The Great Ace Attorney or Ace Attorney Investigations 2 deals with that in which case please don't confirm it to be the case.

Maya is gonna be pregnant

So long as it's this

arrested_maggie.jpg

Lork

Well I mean, that is (actual spoilers, not joke spoiler tag use)
"a ghost did it" to my recollection has only happened in one single case, and was briefly discussed and dismissed in another unless The Great Ace Attorney or Ace Attorney Investigations 2 deals with that in which case please don't confirm it to be the case.
I don't mean it as literal plot synopsis, but as a general theme that has been done to death throughout the series. I'm just so sick of reading about ghosts, even when they Scooby-Do it.

SalvaPot

It is going to be Maya, they need to push the anime.

And that means we might get Mia back too...

...what if Peals is the assistant this time, and she channels both Maya and Mia because MAYA IS DEAD.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh my god yessss bring her back

And bring her lover back toooooo
Oh Wazzy, you and I both know we can't something as trivial as an old college romance get in the way of the beloved Phoenix/Edgeworth ship.
I almost forgot about them lol

I would be cool with P/E but i really liked Phoenix and Iris so whichever wins I win.

Just no Maya/Phoenix please. ; ;

FluxWaveZ

Possible.

If it isn't Maya, I could definitely see Franziska.

Edit: Actually, I think revealing Franziska now would overshadow the new guy whose name I forget way too soon. Probably too early for that. Wonder if they'd really want to reveal Maya now, too. If they do, I guess she might have a bigger role in the game than as a surprise appearance midway through case 3 or something.

SalvaPot

Possible.

If it isn't Maya, I could definitely see Franziska.

Edit: Actually, I think revealing Franziska now would overshadow the new guy whose name I forget way too soon. Probably too early for that. Wonder if they'd really want to reveal Maya now, too. If they do, I guess she might have a bigger role in the game than be a surprise appearance midway through case 3 or something.

Ehh, I really like Franziska but I think she is irrelevant to Phoenix story nowadays, she is perfect for the Miles Edgeworth games tho. I don't see how she could fit in this new game.

And I kinda agree with you that it would overshadow the new guy. We all know only Edgeworth can do that.

FluxWaveZ

Ehh, I really like Franziska but I think she is irrelevant to Phoenix story nowadays, she is perfect for the Miles Edgeworth games tho. I don't see how she could fit in this new game.

I am still of the thought that "New Prosecutor" is the main prosecutor for the Japan/America side of things, while there has to be someone else for the Kurain side of things.

Case 1 = Kurain = Payne
Case 2 = Japan/America = Nayuta (looked it up)
Case 3 = Kurain = ???
Case 4 = Japan/America = Nayuta
Case 5 = ???

I refuse to believe Nayuta is traveling between Japan/America and Kurain—despite being labeled an "international prosecutor"—between cases. And I also do not believe that, if there were to be another court prosecutor, they'd be yet another new character, especially not one with the mysticism theme Nayuta already has.

So they'd be a returning character—most likely someone who was already a prosecutor—and Franziska is the one who's known for traveling to different countries and who has also had experience with the mysticism stuff.

Could be Edgeworth, but then I'd really like to know what the hell is going on at Kurain Kingdom for Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth to find themselves there, while Nayuta who is a resident of the place decided to travel to Japan/America while they were away.

Santar

The more I learn about this game the less interested I'm becoming sadly.
It just seems to be more of the same from AA 5, which just felt like a fan game to me compared to the rest of the series. It just didn't fit with the rest of the games and felt like some fans were trying to make a AA game but failing.
Basically my only interest in AA 6 is to see Maya come back.

Top Bottom