• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now you can download your games (again) from GFWL...apparently?

Ludens

Banned
So, I'm not able to test it by myself at the moment, but I just received this message from XBox support:

Hi again. Are you able to try Fable 3 through GFWL once more? The issues with GFWL should now be resolved. Please do let us know how things look on your end! ^AD

So it seems Microsoft fixed the problem with GFWL and now you should be able to download your games.

LordRaptor

This is coming in hot... when someone posted about this in the other thread I tried logging in, and it had my gamertag but with no icon or gamerscore.
Logging out and reloading I got my gamertag and my old 360 icon (not my current one) and my gamerscore, but an error message that I had no purchases.
Just tried again, and my full purchase history is available for download, including now obsolete GFWL DLC.

e: These purchases are still only visible in the "this app is not supported in Win 10" GFWL client, not the Win 10 Store or the Xbox app.

LordRaptor

i told my mate about this, but he's getting an error when he tries to log in.

If he hasn't used the GFWL client in awhile, make him login to xbox.com first.
They added various EULA changes for Xbox 360 owners that all gamertag accounts had to accept before they were allowed to access the GWFL client, but didn't propagate any of that information to the actual GFWL client - you just get an error and a link to a webpage that doesn;t exist.

deadman69

If he hasn't used the GFWL client in awhile, make him login to xbox.com first.
They added various EULA changes for Xbox 360 owners that all gamertag accounts had to accept before they were allowed to access the GWFL client, but didn't propagate any of that information to the actual GFWL client - you just get an error and a link to a webpage that doesn;t exist.

yeh he's already done that, can log on to xbox.com fine, just doesn't work with the client.

Aumann

So, I'm not able to test it by myself at the moment, but I just received this message from XBox support:

So it seems Microsoft fixed the problem with GFWL and now you should be able to download your games.

I am able to confirm this. I had a few games on my GFWL client that previously weren't able to download and gave me an error but I just tried now and the games downloaded just fine. Who knows how long this will last though. I suggest everyone to download all their games now and keep them installed in case anything happens in the future.

K-BillyDJ

Neo Member
It failed the download the first time for Tinker and now it seems to be working.
Edit:prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Deus Ex did not appear the first time I opened the Games for Windows Marketplace app. I restarted the app and they appeared and are successfully downloading.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Downloaded Viva Pinata, seems to work. Actually not looking like it was a very good PC port in the first place. Like, first time Japanese dev PC port tier.

I wonder if Game Room still works.

LordRaptor

It failed the download the first time for Tinker and now it seems to be working. It does deny the fact I bought Warrior Within and Deus EX GOTY Edition though so mhhhm. Basically anything not owned by microsoft is gone from my account, Even though it shows I purchased them on Xbox.com

Might be worth trying again in awhile - I never bought any non-MS games on GFWL, but I did buy DLC for GFWL titles, so I have Arkham City and Dawn Of War DLCs available

e:, yeah you edited after I posted - like I said before, it seems this is coming in pretty hot right now and is pretty glitchy

Aumann

Does anyone know how to fix the black screen on World of Goo? Already tried changing the resolution to 1920x1080, have checked the disable desktop composition and visual theme boxes, and running in compatibility for Windows NT 4.0 (a fix some users reported working for them)

Great- I don't seem to be able to log into my old GFWL account. I can't remember the password (can it be different to your Hotmail account etc password?), and the reset page won't load. My old Hotmail email address and account still work fine and I can log in to both of those and XBox.com and see my games, just not the GFWL client. It really is fucked, half the pages on XBox.com that are linked to aren't there any more.

Just as a general tip, Microsoft. If you really want to push PC gaming, sort out this old clusterfuck first. I activated a copy of Half Life on Steam 6 years after I originally bought it with no problem, so I don't really get why this is such a problem.

Does he use two-step verification (authenticator). It doesn't work with GFWL, so you have to turn it off to be able to log into GFWL.

And this works... Cheers.

Is it possible that Microsoft could redirect the GFWL calls that a game makes to authenticate redirect to the Windows 10 store?

Likewise could GFWL games be added to the Win10 store as download only?

Top Bottom