• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's FY 2016 has officially begun - The Year of NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
theyearofnxwisiy.png

At time of writing, the clock in Japan just turned to April 1, marking the first day of Nintendo's FY 2016, ending March 31, 2017. The year ahead for Nintendo holds many interesting events and games, so I thought we could take a moment to talk about this. As for the image, I've just come to call FY 2016 The Year of NX.

Most important is of course the tentative reveal and release of Nintendo's next system, codenamed NX, and of course new games for it. Anyway, here's a small timetable:

Events

April 27/28: FY 15 Fiscal Year Earnings Release and Fiscal Year Financial Results Briefing respectively

Mr. Kimishima had in the Q&A session of the Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2016 the following to say about this briefing:

As for new businesses, we will present further information when we go into details about our forecasts for the next fiscal year. We do not plan to speak about NX today. We continue development and planning efforts for NX in preparation for launch, so it will require additional investment.
Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160203qa/03.html

On April 27 there is likely to be a news conference also, for press. There usually is one in conjunction with earnings releases.

June 14-16: E3 in Los Angeles. We know Nintendo has three booths reserved (and likely the theatre as well).

June 29: The 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders

July 27: FY 2016 First Quarter Earnings Release

Late October: Corporate Management Policy Briefing / Semi-Annual Financial Results Briefing

Known games

Star Fox - Wii U
Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge - Wii U/3DS
Disney Art Academy - 3DS
Kirby: Planet Robobot - 3DS
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - Wii U
Paper Mario: Color Splash - Wii U
Pokémon Sun/Moon - 3DS

Tentative games

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U & NX
-----

What are your hopes and dreams for Nintendo's FY 2016 (April 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017)?

mario_stamp16mzkwb.gif

Number 1 is Xenoblade Chronicles X sequel announced

A new Metroid announcement would also be great.

I also want NX to allow for the same games to be played between console and handheld. I plan to buy both regardless.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So Pikmin 4 will likely be a NX game at this point?

georly

My hopes and dreams are that nintendo never stops making good zelda games <3

I'm just happy with pretty much whatever they do, but I'm really looking forward to what NX has to bring - I'd love some surprises.

lo zaffo

I guess next 365 days will be quite packed of news and events and video games releases, surely Nintendo will do its part, I'm not sure Nintendo will have a prime time.

Griss

I'd be going crazy with the wait for info if it wasn't for that incredible fake leak. I feel like that was enough entertainment for a couple months. I can wait for E3 now.

PopeReal

This might be the first Nintendo system I skip. Their silence while one of their own was harassed spoke volumes to how they treat their employees.

Hopefully they change their ways, and do so publicly.

More like the year people will like Skyward Sword and demand to go back to that.

As someone who thinks Skyward Sword is one of the best Zelda games and dealing with the hate for five years, I'll not accept them. They've had plenty of time to come to their senses. :p

emb

That opening image got my hopes up for a sec... :(

Super curious to hear about this thing though. Can't wait for (probably) E3.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
16 days til the meeting correct?
Nintendo's FY 2015 Financial Results Briefing is tentatively scheduled for April 28, 2016 (JST), 09.00 or 10.00 AM JST. This corresponds to Pacific time:

t1461801600z4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom