• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's FY 2016 has officially begun - The Year of NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugoo18

"It'll be like the PS2 of the generation. Weakest in specs but the lead platform for development"

Was the PS2 even the lead platform for development that gen?

I remember a few multiplat games that kind of had different groups making each console version.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
But nintendo won't release NX until 2017.
:p

Joke, can't way! Hope Nintendo learned the lesson in those recent years...
But i know they don't. :p

For longtime Nintendo fans, 2016 will be either the year of dreams or the year of crushing disappointment. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned for the future.

Pokemaniac

lucky you.

you don't want to know.

not looking forward to the NXSTs. at least it will be a much shorter wait as long as it drops this year.

The NXSTs have been kinda happening on and off for a while now. There's just no dedicated threads for it, so it spreads to all vaguely NX related threads.

Nightbird

I believe it's "Wii U Speculation Thread".

A miserable pile of hopes and dreams that were ultimately shattered.

Wii U Speculation Threads.

OOOOOOH, now I remember!
Oh yeah, the WiiU Speculation threads were spectacular!

lucky you.

you don't want to know.

But I know what it is! I was even around back then! (just not as a member) It was the WUST's that got me lurking here in the first place haha :D

Roo

Hope they talk about the system at their financial briefing at the end of the month.
A date for the reveal would be good enough.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I hope we don't have to wait until the end of the month to hear about NX now, but it sure seems like it.

tolkir

Ce8D5M8WIAAXmmF.jpg

webkatt

Is it wrong on me for wanting Nintendo to go bust and be relegated to third party publisher for other consoles?

Is it wrong on me for wanting Nintendo to go bust and be relegated to third party publisher for other consoles?

Shattered ones at that

Nope, I'm with you on that one. Then we'd get great games, decent online and systems and great tech all in one on another platform.
I dont know why... why not just go play another console? Looks like you guys dont like Nintendo games so just stop being interested in them right now and you would be living a better life instead of wishing a company to fail.

AzaK

I dont know why... why not just go play another console? Looks like you guys dont like Nintendo games so just stop being interested in them right now and you would be living a better life instead of wishing a company to fail.

Nope, I LOVE Zelda and I FUCKING ADORE Metroid. 3D Marios are pretty damned hot too. However, I don't enjoy buying a gimped console with fuck all support for anything else if I want to play them.

Yay for NX year!

Now show us something Nintendo, the time for excuses are over, after calendar year and now fiscal year, there won't be another start of 2016!

Good grief ... every fucking Nintendo-related thread.

Here's what you get when Nintendo stops making hardware, 90% mobile, annual Mario games, and even less chances for games like Metroid, F-Zero, or new stuff like Splatoon.

So, how wrong is it? It's wrong because a shitload of people would lose their job, and Nintendo shrinks, it's wrong because it's even less competition in the market and against the ever-growing mobile, it's wrong because there would be even less IP variety, it's wrong because the quality of Nintendo games would probably drop, and finally, it's wrong because you guys would have to search for another thing to brag about!

Nope, I LOVE Zelda and I FUCKING ADORE Metroid. 3D Marios are pretty damned hot too. However, I don't enjoy buying a gimped console with fuck all support for anything else if I want to play them.

If you adore Metroid, you should hope Nintendo makes its own consoles in perpetuity. If they were to go third-party they wouldn't fuck around with Metroid. You think Metroid's kinda deadish now? You'd possibly never see another one.

Good grief ... every fucking Nintendo-related thread.

Here's what you get when Nintendo stops making hardware, 90% mobile, annual Mario games, and even less chances for games like Metroid, F-Zero, or new stuff like Splatoon.

So, how wrong is it? It's wrong because a shitload of people would lose their job, and Nintendo shrinks, it's wrong because it's even less competition in the market and against the ever-growing mobile, it's wrong because there would be even less IP variety, it's wrong because the quality of Nintendo games would probably drop, and finally, it's wrong because you guys would have to search for another thing to brag about!

Although I completely agree with you, I don't think this matters to the type of person wishing for Nintendo to abandon hardware. They're interested in Mario, Zelda, and maaaaaybe one or two other properties.

Those of us who actually appreciate Nintendo's other IP obviously don't want to see them go third party anytime soon.

AniHawk

Nope, I'm with you on that one. Then we'd get great games, decent online and systems and great tech all in one on another platform.

this of course has no basis in reality. i have never seen someone build an realistic plan for such a thing where it doesn't result or come from some extreme changes for the lesser.

Although I completely agree with you, I don't think this matters to the type of person wishing for Nintendo to abandon hardware. They're interested in Mario, Zelda, and maaaaaybe one or two other properties.

Those of us who actually appreciate Nintendo's other IP obviously don't want to see them go third party anytime soon.
Well, see the post above mine, user wishes for Nintendo 3rd party, and "FUCKING ADORE"s Metroid. ;)

And here's how i see it, another console-maker gone would be bad for the market as a whole, and there is no reasonable argument supporting a wish of Nintendo going 3rd party.
It's basically only one thing, a selfish reason. And it's a deluded one.

Because of that, i think i can wish for such posts to stop, because of my selfish reason: I don't care what people, who post something like that, want! ^^

Well, see the post above mine, user wishes for Nintendo 3rd party, and "FUCKING ADORE"s Metroid. ;)

And here's how i see it, another console-maker gone would be bad for the market as a whole, and there is no reasonable argument supporting a wish of Nintendo going 3rd party.
It's basically only one thing, a selfish reason. And it's a deluded one.

Because of that, i think i can wish for such posts to stop, because of my selfish reason: I don't care what people, who post something like that, want! ^^

Well yeah, Metroid is that other franchise, outside of Mario and Zelda, he's interested in!

I agree with you 100%. My point was that your response is going to fall on deaf ears. The type of individual wishing for Nintendo to leave hardware behind doesn't care about the overall ramifications a decision like that would mean for the company, so long as they get their Mario, Metroid, and Zelda titles on PS4 (spoiler:
they wouldn't get Metroid
).

AniHawk

Well yeah, Metroid is that other franchise, outside of Mario and Zelda, he's interested in!

I agree with you 100%. My point was that your response is going to fall on deaf ears. The type of individual wishing for Nintendo to leave hardware behind doesn't care about the overall ramifications a decision like that would mean for the company, so long as they get their Mario, Metroid, and Zelda titles (spoiler:
they wouldn't get Metroid
).

they might not even get zelda. at least not on something that isn't a mobile device.

i think that a realistic third-party nintendo is a company that just stops making hardware and sets up their own digital storefront where you can buy their games on pc and mobile devices. no need to stick around the decaying dedicated hardware space if they're being excluded from it.

sinxtanx

I like this thread - it's like a lighthouse that other NX threads will crash into until the official announcement instead of needlessly getting posted on the forum.

Like moths to a flame, the final stretch of rumours should be contained here, in my opinion.

That Zelda NX rumour? I'll take it.
Industry-leading chips? Started at the bottom now we here.
Scroll triggers? Wave that flag high.

NX news are coming
begin construction of hype thrusters

GamerJM

Banned
I like this thread - it's like a lighthouse that other NX threads will crash into until the official announcement instead of needlessly getting posted on the forum.

Like moths to a flame, the final stretch of rumours should be contained here, in my opinion.

That Zelda NX rumour? I'll take it.
Industry-leading chips? Started at the bottom now we here.
Scroll triggers? Wave that flag high.

NX news are coming
begin construction of hype thrusters

There's still going to be rumors after it's unveiled, for months to come. Nintendo isn't going to give us all of the hardware details and there will be rumors about the software support it gets.

Shattered ones at that

You're wrong to think that a third party Nintendo would put out as much as games as today in so many genres.

43 61 6e 27 74 20 77 61 69 74 20 74 6f 20 73 65 65 20 6d 6f 72 65 20 6f 66 20 74 68 65 20 6e 65 77 20 63 6f 6e 73 6f 6c 65 21

Peterc

Shattered ones at that

I think it's better the otherway around.

Also, if nintendo would go 3rd party, we will get another sega. We don't want that.

Nintendo needs to exist as a console manufacturer to have some evolution in the gaming industry, otherwise it will get very borring.

AzaK

I think it's better the otherway around.

Also, if nintendo would go 3rd party, we will get another sega. We don't want that.

Nintendo needs to exist as a console manufacturer to have some evolution in the gaming industry, otherwise it will get very borring.

It all depends on whether you trust their evolution. I don't. Since their first console they've basically gone down hill (Except for the Wii fad). They can't really make hardware that's decent, but they make some AMAZING games. Anything 1/2 interesting they do tends to be piecemeal and they do it at low cost so it's never a full realisation of what it could be.

They won't go third party, and it is interesting to see what they do every generation, but interest doesn't translate to me wanting their consoles in the end. Wii U was the final straw for me, so NX would have to be a complete turn around for me to get it near launch, if at all. That said, I am still interested to see what they do from a pure tech-nerd perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom