• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's forecast for FY3/17 - Monster Hunter and 2 Major Titles

Bruno MB

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2015/full/explanation_2015_full_01.pdf

WmqOxuh.jpg

OC99zld.jpg

iuBzLh3.jpg

Monster Hunter Title = Monster Hunter Stories
Major Title 1 = Resident Evil 7
Major Title 2 = ?

Eolz

Seems like MH stories, RE7, and an unannounced/well hidden title yeah.
DMC5? :^)
Jk

@Ochibi lol no.
@Ekim this fall.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
2M shipped for MH Stories seems like a reasonable goal if the game delivers and the Anime takes off.

4 million HAS to be Resident Evil 7. That is conservative number for a mainline RE though. IF the don't screw it RE7 should easily do 5 million+.

*edit I Just realized these are not lifetime sale projections.

I'm really not sure what that 4m seller can could be. 4m is too little for a mainline Resident Evil, but i'm not sure what other existing IP's Capcom has outside of Monster Hunter that would sell that much.

cvxfreak

Historically, only Street Fighter, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil have pulled off numbers above 4 million.

4 million for RE7 just this fiscal year sounds about right. Capcom has been more conservative with sales estimates in recent years.

Raide

Just want a PS4, Xbox One and NX Crossplay Monster Hunter game. Would sell millions. Probably never going to happen...

cw_sasuke

I'm really not sure what that 4m seller can could be. 4m is too little for a mainline Resident Evil, but i'm not sure what other existing IP's Capcom has outside of Monster Hunter that would sell that much.

After RE6 selling 4m in its launch month would be a reasonable goal for the next mainline game. If they launch RE7 Q1/17 at the end of their FY they wouldnt expect +6m sales in a month.

I dont think they have anything else outside of RE that could sell as much - doubt we will get a new mainline MH this year/before NX is out.

Nibel

RE7 was more or less confirmed by them, right? And 4m can be nothing else than their biggest IP which is in fact RE

So that leaves us to the second 2m title. At first I thought of Deep Down but that game will be F2P and I'm not sure if it fits the description of a major title that is supposed to sell 2m.

Dragon's Dogma 2? Or a new DMC game? That last DmC game didn't do too shabby iirc, and afaik there've been DD2 rumors for some time now

Hellraider

Shouldn't "Monster Hunter Title" be called "Monster Hunter Stories"?

Major title 1 is definitely RE7 while 2 is either DR4 or DMC5.

cw_sasuke

Shouldn't "Monster Hunter Title" be called "Monster Hunter Stories"?

Major title 1 is definitely RE7 while 2 is either DR4 or DMC5.

MHS is the only announced/planned MH game for this FY so they dont have to specify it further.

Son Of D

Yeah I'm going with RE7 and DMC5. DR4 is a good choice for the 2m game. Or maybe (but doubtful) Dragon's Dogma 2.

But knowing Capcom the 2m is probably Lost Planet 4.

OrochiJR

Yes! We have been waiting too long for the sequels to Knights of the Round and The King of Dragons. Bring it!

Probably RE7 and DMC5 maybe?

Historically, only Street Fighter, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil have pulled off numbers above 4 million.

4 million for RE7 just this fiscal year sounds about right. Capcom has been more conservative with sales estimates in recent years.

Oh, if it's just for the fiscal year then it can only be RE7. I was thinking it was lifetime which would mean make Capcom extremely conservative on that target.

Oh yeah Remake 2.

But P.N.04 will the big seller this holiday. 6+ million sales, 95+ Metacritic and GOTY awards out the butt.

cw_sasuke

Well, 2 millions are a nice forecast for MHS. But it would be slightly disappointing for a new mainline title.

I agree - then again Capcom has been lowballing their MH forecastst lately. MHX also only had 2.5m goal last FY.

Eolz

Just want a PS4, Xbox One and NX Crossplay Monster Hunter game. Would sell millions. Probably never going to happen...

Not this again...
It wouldn't sell millions, and there's many reasons it's not happening. There's be enough threads hijacked about this.

Top Bottom