• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2016 |OT| - The King demands seconds. The Chef delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
XAv3V1Q.png

BaFJrcy.png

*- if necessary

wwv652H.png

iz4rz0y.png

mXKCp32.png

uQSwqFS.png

To be continued....

Cheebo

Banned
How many NBA finals had the same match up 2 years in a row? I know Spurs/Heat did in 13 & 14. Can't remember the last before that though.

Oh and GSW in 5.

UFO

Banned
I don't see how the Cavs can score enough to keep up with the Warriors. Love, Kyrie, and JR Smith (lol) are good 3 point shooters, but when Curry and Thompson get going they just pull away.

Warriors in 6.

I don't see how the Cavs can score enough to keep up with the Warriors. Love, Kyrie, and JR Smith (lol) are good 3 point shooters, but when Curry and Thompson get going they just pull away.

Warriors in 6.

I doubt their plan of attack revolves around beating GS at a shootout. Their one big advantage is rebounding...if they can get second looks on offense and prevent the Warriors from getting the same, they can possibly give them trouble.

bigkrev

Warriors in 5, but man, Lebron going to 6 consecutive finals is a hell of an accomplishment that most people are going to look past because he's only going to win 2 titles.

Furyous

I just want the Cavs to play hard. If, possibly when, GSW wins then they're officially the best team in the history of the league. 73-10 and demolishing teams like they did makes their case for them.

I just love the fact the Cavs are underdogs. The dubs should sweep the Cavs since the west is so much tougher than the east, right people?

Warriors in 5, but man, Lebron going to 6 consecutive finals is a hell of an accomplishment that most people are going to look past because he's only going to win 2 titles.

...and also because the Eastern Conference has been pretty damn weak for a good while.

rambis

Banned
The Warriors look very mortal and kind of worn. Cavs have been mostly lights out and have rested.

Cavs in 6.

rugioh

Banned
If there was ever a time for Lebron to do it for da land it's now on full rest with momentum carrying throughout the playoffs.

fr0st

Banned
If he was in the west he would struggle to make it to the finals. As of now being in the east guarantees a free finals for whichever team he is.

I kinda want Lebron and the Cavs to win, because:

- bringing Cleveland it's first title in *anything* in a jillion years is a legit narrative; doing it as a native from the state is even more legit

- it would preserve current basketball canon for just a little while longer, and we can calm down the preemptive CURRY IS GREATEST EVER EVEN BEFORE CAREER IS OVER stuff before it's earned over time.

...but I kinda want Curry and GSW to win because:

- that team is just too damn good and beautiful to watch play when they're on.

- Curry's impossibly good shooting is a paradigm-shifting weapon in NBA canon, and I wonder just how far it can change the game and its priorities.

- it would prevent the dark timeline in which JR SMITH is an NBA champion. I just can't have that happen.

Warriors in 7 - but only because I can't in good conscience go against the Warriors after what I just saw them do to OKC.

The most interesting part of this series is seeing if CLE can come close to the switching defense that OKC played last series. IIRC Kevin Love got roasted every time in PNR D. I think someone tweeted out a stat saying that Kyrie and Love gave up the most PPP in PnR defense in the entire league, which is troublesome. Cleveland doesn't have the go-go gadget long armed perimeter defenders that OKC has, and definitely don't have the interior defense.

Matticers

Hoping the Warriors win. Partially so they can complete the amazing season they've had since it wouldn't be the same without a championship... but also because I just don't like Lebron and Cleveland's team in general. I wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland finally win a championship but... those players, ugh.

But I think the Cavs will win it. The whole revenge factor thing after last year. They're hungry. Plus Curry isn't quite right and the Warriors have looked at least somewhat vulnerable. I think Cleveland gets it done.

yuraya

Kevin Love getting kicked in the dick at least twice by Green.

JR Smith will make the most 3 pointers in the series

Cavs fans will cry about illegal screens

Warriors in 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom