• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We really need a game with Dinosaurs

I was watching JP yesterday, and yes it's time, the technology is here, it just feels right for a triple A game that involves Dinosaurs to be made asap. I can't keep going back to snes jurassic Park any longer man.

Anyone?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
header.jpg

Unless you want a linear chest high wall fake movie.

DJIzana

I was watching JP yesterday, and yes it's time, the technology is here, it just feels right for a triple A game that involves Dinosaurs to be made asap. I can't keep going back to snes jurassic Park any longer man.

Anyone?

Sounds like you need some...

Xenoblade Chronicles X
xenox_00366r19.gif

or FFXV is out soon too.

GroundedUnrulyKatydid.gif

Modsushi

Let's keep the feathers to a minimum. We can just ignore that part of the fossil record. Leave the feathers to the birds.

Tizoc

Anyone?
There like half a dozen dinosaur games released on steam in the past 6+ months
There are around 3 games at least relesing over the next months ft. Dinosaurs

sector4

Dino Crisis 1 and 2 are still good, and can be picked up as PS One Classics, but I agree, we need more.

Horizon will satisfy me to some degree.

Not triple A, but I recall Night Dive teasing a new Turok game, and I'm cautiously optimistic about it. If done right, it could be loads of fun. Hopefully they take full advantage of the dinosaur theme, if it happens.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
We definitely do. But I there has just been one fantastic game with dinosaurs released on Wii U: Yoshi's Woolly World.
Gt0.1280x720.jpeg

Stiler

This thread makes me really really wish that B.C. never got cancelled, that game sounded amazing.

For those that don't know it was a lionhead game that they were working on, the goal was that you would help guide a tribe of people throughout the era, helping them survive and evolve, with tribe members gaining experience and having their own classes. The game was set in the prehistoric time period and dinosaurs were a big part of it, along with another group of humanoids that were meant to be your main enemies.

Ptoponline was able to get a lot of footage from the game and gives a great overview of things we'll (sadly) never get to play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK9G4gZ0hMw

Part 2: (with dino's)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zGoPs_dkbI

Part 3: (Quest/npc interaction later in development).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdjnvqDsFLk

Saurian seems like our best hope for a new dinosaur game, I do hope it turns out well.

poodaddy

Let's keep the feathers to a minimum. We can just ignore that part of the fossil record. Leave the feathers to the birds.

Nah, I think the feathers make them legitimately more unsettling to look at. It's unnerving to imagine running from something that skirts the line between bird and reptile, and to be honest I think the feathers could really help with the horror, especially in a well animated game that knows how to make use of the movement of bristling feathers on a very pissed off and hungry dinosaur who just saw you hiding in a bush. Shit would be terrifying.

Feathers all day.

Yeah, there's Saurian on Kickstarter right now or Mesozoica that was funded last year.

Personally I don't have a lot of hope Mesozoica will deliver but Saurian seems like a safer bet.

Or if you want to play something now, try JP: Operation Genesis on PS2/Xbox.

Top Bottom