• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Avellone is working on Prey

OH SHIT! I was really worried about Prey going off and doing its own thing, seemingly unrelated to the original, but I'm down for anything that's guaranteed to have a good story.

Going off his RPGCodex interview, he mustn't have a big role.

Context:
MCA: So I absolutely would be a lead writer again. It depends on the company. I did not want to be a lead writer at Obsidian. I would be a lead writer at another company. The issue with Larian is they already have a story structure in place. And the same thing with inXile. But under the right circumstances I absolutely would do it again.

JMR: Great! I can't wait, I've been waiting ten years for this!

MCA: [smiling] Yeah.

JMR: What would a company need to offer you to join them? Full creative control over your projects? Something else?

MCA: [thinks for a while] So... a number of companies have offered me a great deal to do my own project. The issue is that I really can't do it right now. And the problems are... there's a lot of stuff going on with family and also I can't work anywhere full-time until all that stuff is resolved. So that's kind of a challenge.

Dr.Acula

Banned

From his wikipedia

Notable game credits

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (1997)
Fallout 2 (1998)
Descent to Undermountain (1998)
Planescape: Torment (1999)
Icewind Dale (2000)
Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter (2001)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2001)
Icewind Dale II (2002)
Van Buren (Fallout 3) (2003 - canceled)
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader (2003)
Champions of Norrath (2004)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (2004)[10]
Neverwinter Nights 2 (2006)
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (2007)
Alpha Protocol (2010)
Fallout: New Vegas (2010)
Wasteland 2 (2014)[11]
FTL: Advanced Edition (2014)[12]
Pillars of Eternity (2015)[13]
Torment: Tides of Numenera (2016)[14]
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (2016)[15]

El Jaffe

Was unfairly dismissing the game due to being disappointed it wasn't a Bounty Hunter game, but I am 100% on board now, because this games story will be amazing.

Anarky

Banned
Yoooo. Okay I'm way less disappointed that Prey isn't going to be the bounty hunter thing now. Chris Avellone is one of the best writers in the industry.

Uzzy

If he's the main writer, then day zero. Hell, I don't need to know anything else about the game, just having it written by him makes me want it.

Best writer in the industry by a huge margin.

Top Bottom