• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Is there only one way to get the Atlas Pass V1? I think I might have missed it and now I'm about 8 Atlas Stones in.

It is possible to get it as a random drop. If you ever visit the
Space Anomaly
station I imagine you'll get it then. That can actually show up randomly as well.

I love the BigThings mod, some planets really benefit from it:

Granted the BigThings mod still generates bigger stuff, but I still feel like the flora in 1.07 got a boost.

I've never seen trees this tall in the game before, especially not that really tall one in the center right.
FW61c3c.jpg

Not a very aesthetically appealing shot, but this gives a better size reference. The big creature in the back is 4.5m tall, and the tree in the distance behind it still dwarfs it.
llccpTf.jpg

IronRinn

It is possible to get it as a random drop. If you ever visit the
Space Anomaly
station I imagine you'll get it then. That can actually show up randomly as well.
Yeah, that's the one guaranteed way to get it but after 18 hours of getting max suit and ship upgrades I just started warping like a motherfucker. Guess I'll have to hope for a random drop or see if I can make it back there.

8bit

Knows the Score
Not a very aesthetically appealing shot, but this gives a better size reference. The big creature in the back is 4.5m tall, and the tree in the distance behind it still dwarfs it.
llccpTf.jpg

Took me a moment to realise it was two creatures, and not a single super fucked up one.

Raist

Banned
c3kmdec286vw0fysna.gif

Three ways for this (for two of them it will already be too late, but you can do that in the future).

- Make sure to set a waypoint to the nearest system before warping off to infinity and beyond.
Alternatively, warp to the nearest system, and set a waypoint directly to the system you've just warped from and might want to go back to at some point. Easiest way by far, but you can't "memorize" 20 systems. Well, not even 4.

- Use the "Scan for Discoveries" function (D-PAD UP on the Galaxy Map on PS4 - no idea for PC).

Likely useless if you're very, very far away from the system you want to find again. It does take some time, because it's interrogating the database. It won't just scan for other players' systems, but also yours. Likely requires that you remember the name of your system, or a system nearby (but your Discoveries list can really help for that). I went back to a particular planet after warping around randomly for days and ending up being almost 1,000ly away, when I suddenly wanted to pull a Jack.

- Get to any orange laser beacon thingies on the planet you like.
Write down the string of characters that shows up when you point directly at it (no need to interact with it). It will be something like MRSI:02AD:0085:0409:0126.
Check this post (warning, spoilers):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215338593&postcount=5078
So you need to plan it out beforehand, and it won't necessarily be easy, but you'll be able to go back from any point in the galaxy, without using the waypoint system (if yours is already full, for instance).

Maybe it's not meant to be found in the wild, just by salvaging it from crashed ships.

It was a harvestable resource pre-1.03 patch before the entire universe was "rerolled". Omegon was found in big blue floating crystals that you would have to harvest chunks off of. Saw it in several pre-release streams, but it's apparently only found in markets or from disassembling crashed ship tech for now.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah, its pretty fucking stupid. I just want my Jetpack Theta, man!

I've been buying Omegon from everyone who's selling since, well, my second system. I'm only on my 8th system now and have a few slots filled. Even at over-market prices 30-50 units is pretty cheap and it's not hard to find someone selling.

mokeyjoe

It was a harvestable resource pre-1.03 patch before the entire universe was "rerolled". Omegon was found in big blue floating crystals that you would have to harvest chunks off of. Saw it in several pre-release streams, but it's apparently only found in markets or from disassembling crashed ship tech for now.

It may not be harvestable from crystals but I'm pretty sure sentinels drop it, or sentinel ships drop it.

Raist

Banned

What I mean is that maybe it's a deliberate change. It's supposed to be "super rare" after all. You can get it by salvaging crashed ships, taming some creatures, buying it and - I think - from freighter cargos.

Yeah, that's the one guaranteed way to get it but after 18 hours of getting max suit and ship upgrades I just started warping like a motherfucker. Guess I'll have to hope for a random drop or see if I can make it back there.

You don't need to. You'll occasionally randomly bump into them. Or sometimes they warp in to your system.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Soooo I was coming out of the atmosphere and got the warning about pirates scanning me. I waited for them to warp in but they warped past me, and headed towards the planets surface. I follow, picking a couple off as they run and when I catch up, the remaining swarm me in weird dogfight right above the surface. Like in space, enemies lower your max speed so it was kinda slow, but rather fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFp72OHpMwc

curb

Banned
Soooo I was coming out of the atmosphere and got the warning about pirates scanning me. I waited for them to warp in but they warped past me, and headed towards the planets surface. I follow, picking a couple off as they run and when I catch up, the remaining swarm me in weird dogfight right above the surface. Like in space, enemies lower your max speed so it was kinda slow, but rather fun.

I had no idea stuff like that could happen. I've only encountered enemies in space.

mokeyjoe

Surface dogfights are cool, easier too I think, especially early on. My strategy was always to lure enemies to the surface. Don't need to do that so much now.

You should use the photon cannons though :p

Galactic Fork

It may not be harvestable from crystals but I'm pretty sure sentinels drop it, or sentinel ships drop it.

No, it's harvistable, it's from Exclamation markers like Radnox, Callium and Murrine. I can't remember what they look like... Maybe the radioactive gas spewing thingie. I know Murrine are from the small gold plant tree thingies.

Razgreez

Is Chrysonite super rare or am I doing something wrong? I haven't seen that stuff since I left my first few planets.

Check cold planets. Always find them on cold snowy or icy planets

It's not abundant but not rare. Look for similar formations to the plutonium but blue

Galactic Fork

Surface dogfights are cool, easier too I think, especially early on. My strategy was always to lure enemies to the surface. Don't need to do that so much now.

You should use the photon cannons though :p

I like the phasers! The auto aim is usually much better, I think being near the surface messed things up because everybody was closer. In space I just have to be pointing at the general direction of a ship and hold down fire and it'll steadily kill them.

I had no idea stuff like that could happen. I've only encountered enemies in space.
I just wish I had been been on a planet with long trenches. I could have mimicked the trailer... Heh.

mokeyjoe

Dammit I really need to be attacking sentinels more often. Did not know this.

Hunting sentinels is a good way to survive on extreme planets, I've found, as they always drop titanium which recharges environmental protection.

That and a barrel which contains a rare resource, neutrino module or blueprint.

Is Chrysonite super rare or am I doing something wrong? I haven't seen that stuff since I left my first few planets.

I've also found it to be pretty hard to come by. It seems to spawn on the surface as blue crystals, but I've never found an ore formation like the towering pillars of nickel or the floating balls of copper. I think you can also collect it from large asteroids, maybe? Otherwise, your best source of them is from finding crashed ships and dismantling their equipment.

EDIT: Or maybe that one poster's suggestion to find it on cold planets. Though I was on a snowy planet recently and didn't spot any blue crystals. Too bad.

curb

Banned
Really? It's easy to set off. Just start attacking the ships flying around planets and sentinels ships will appear. One of the first things I tried, lol.

I was thinking more of being warned of incoming ships and then instead of them just attacking you, they go down into the atmosphere at which point you can choose whether or not to engage them. I always just get warnings of incoming ships and then they attack me.

mokeyjoe

I was thinking more of being warned of incoming ships and then instead of them just attacking you, they go down into the atmosphere at which point you can choose whether or not to engage them. I always just get warnings of incoming ships and then they attack me.

Ah I see. Yeah. Normally I've had that happen if I get the warning right on the edge of the atmosphere and then start heading down before they warp in. Then at times they'll warp down below me over the surface.

They won't start attacking you in the atmosphere, but you can get them to appear there or lure them down.

Check cold planets. Always find them on cold snowy or icy planets

It's not abundant but not rare. Look for similar formations to the plutonium but blue

Yup. Cold Planets or "Lush" Garden Planets, those are the places I've consistently found Chrysonite. It's always a pain to find from scanning though, since it shares the same resource icon as Platinum, which on most Garden planets or even many cold planets is super plentiful.

I like it how you can get a few planets in a row with the more "common" fauna variations and suddenly the next one gives you a creepy ass fucker like this.

13fRUVh1Z9EbXq.gif

Aggressive as hell too.

Kilau

Gold Member
Well I found my way back to my starting planet. Finding the crash site and atlas thing will probably never happen though.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Really? It's easy to set off. Just start attacking the ships flying around planets and sentinels ships will appear. One of the first things I tried, lol.

I was surprised because I don't know how many times I've warped to a planet only to be disrupted by an attack just before I reach the planet. If I'm close enough I can escape into the planet's atmosphere and I've yet to be followed.

Is anyone else having trouble with the targeting reticle and the auto aim associated with it not showing up or working while dog fighting pirates in your ship? It has happened to both my partner and myself on multiple occasions. It makes it VERY difficult to hit enemy ships and usually results in a death. No idea what causes it but it's very annoying.

Aenima

Is anyone else having trouble with the targeting reticle and the auto aim associated with it not showing up or working while dog fighting pirates in your ship? It has happened to both my partner and myself on multiple occasions. It makes it VERY difficult to hit enemy ships and usually results in a death. No idea what causes it but it's very annoying.

Patch 1.07 fixed that to me. Reason i always use the lasers insted of the Photon Cannon. If you hit a enemy with the laser 1st and then switch to the cannon it will temporary fix that. But for every enemy u need to hit it with a laser 1st.

KDR_11k

Yup. Cold Planets or "Lush" Garden Planets, those are the places I've consistently found Chrysonite. It's always a pain to find from scanning though, since it shares the same resource icon as Platinum, which on most Garden planets or even many cold planets is super plentiful.

Ah, I just found some on one of those, thanks. The planet also has Murrine, I guess that's not highlighted because it's intended as an easter egg (so we know Murray describes himself as "charming").

somme

Not had it happen to me but if it does, wait for the ships to come directly at you, then you can get a clear shot and get them down pretty easily.

The phasers should target them automatically, without the need for a reticle.

Raist

Banned
Could you guys give me the beacon code of the system you're currently in?

I wanna try how hard it is to get there. Can't promise it will be quick or easy though, and that will also of course depend on how far away you are from my current position...

edit: endgame spoiler
I'm still in Euclid, so don't bother if you moved on :p

somme

Maybe it'd be good in a future update to had blueprints that allow you to stack items, and then improve them. It's also be nice to have separate blueprints for each rarity. For example:

Gravitino Ball Stacker Sigma: X10 Stacking Ability
Gravitino Ball Stacker Tau: X25 Stacking Ability
Gravitino Ball Stacker Theta: X50 Stacking Ability
Gravitino Ball Stacker Omega: X100 Stacking Ability

And the same for other stuff like charms, Geknip, etc

That way it makes endgame money making slightly easier but also gives us a lot more blueprints whilst not making early game ridiculously easier.

I have a quick question that I'm sure has been answered before. I did a cursory search through this thread but couldn't find anything.

I was on the Atlas path for a while, and everything was going quite nicely. I decided to focus on increasing my suit/ship slots and somehow I must have gotten off of the path. When I look at my jump destinations now, the purple line is completely gone. I've since jumped 2 or 3 times and have not run into another anomaly.

Is there a definitive way to pick up the path again? Do I just keep hopping around until I get another anomaly message?

Remf

Finally went to a planet with no toxic radiation, extreme cold/hot, etc. It's so nice not having to worry about that and just wander around.

somme

I have a quick question that I'm sure has been answered before. I did a cursory search through this thread but couldn't find anything.

I was on the Atlas path for a while, and everything was going quite nicely. I decided to focus on increasing my suit/ship slots and somehow I must have gotten off of the path. When I look at my jump destinations now, the purple line is completely gone. I've since jumped 2 or 3 times and have not run into another anomaly.

Is there a definitive way to pick up the path again? Do I just keep hopping around until I get another anomaly message?

If you keep playing eventually another anomaly will help you get back on the path.

curb

Banned
Finally went to a planet with no toxic radiation, extreme cold/hot, etc. It's so nice not having to worry about that and just wander around.

I landed on a planet like that once. Peaceful, idyllic, beautiful.

And then the freezing rain storms started to hit.

The galaxy is a fickle place.

Number45

I'm nowhere close to having enough inventory space to do this right now, but am I correct in that different level enhancements stack?

I set foot on a planet that seems like it's going to be nasty to stay alive on (getting attacked constantly and pretty extreme weather). Going to give it a go (still need a few materials to upgrade my hyper drive) before moving on. This is actually the first planet I've been on for a while with any kind of fauna.

Did I also read that certain types of star will provide certain types of environment? It makes sense, and would help with identifying likely destinations for materials.

Top Bottom