• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword coming to NA eShop today!

maxcriden

Edit: also coming to EU today.

800px-Skyward_Swordlogo3.png

Here's my LTTP for those on the fence: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=894926

Spoilers: I love the game.

The worst Zelda I've ever finished. Motion controls were terrible. Twilight Princess on Wii was far more controllable.

Then T-Pain sings to you. Actually it's like the end of Show Me How To Live by Audioslave, except it's the entirety of every song.

21XX

Banned
The worst Zelda I've ever finished. Motion controls were terrible. Twilight Princess on Wii was far more controllable.

Then T-Pain sings to you. Actually it's like the end of Cochise by Audioslave, except it's the entirety of every song.

That's "Show Me How To Live" (I just randomly listened to that song yesterday so that's why I'm being THAT GUY right now.)

Servbot24

Banned
Not a difficult concept to grasp for most - the ability to play without a wiimote. Many of us who love the Zelda franchise had the game experience ruined by it.

The game is designed around that though, whether you enjoyed it or not. To remove the motion controls would require that the entire game be completely redesigned. Why would you expect that to happen?

Seik

Banned
Wiimote focus may be annoying for a lot, though if you get in it I can say you'll have some of the best dungeons in the series.

MADGAME

The game is designed around that though, whether you enjoyed it or not. To remove the motion controls would require that the entire game be completely redesigned. Why would you expect that to happen?
More like hoping, not expecting. I understand now the answer is no, there are no graphical or gameplay enhancements to the game; it is identical to the version released in 2011 now available on eShop.

Happy for the people who want to play and did not have a chance to do so on the Wii, or just want to play again

Rootbeer

Banned
After all the rumors about an HD version coming, this is not really hitting the mark... but at least it's a new option for Zelda fans.

Volotaire

After all the rumors about an HD version coming, this is not really hitting the mark... but at least it's a new option for Zelda fans.

I don't think there were any rumours of a HD remaster. The SS leak on the Wii U eshop (the icon after datamining) indicated a Wii game port.

Chitown B

Not a difficult concept to grasp for most - the ability to play without a wiimote. Many of us who love the Zelda franchise had the game experience ruined by it.

I think what he's saying is the motion controls are integrated deeply into the game.

I haven't played SS and that's why.

RPGCrazied

I don't think there were any rumours of a HD remaster. The SS leak on the Wii U eshop (the icon after datamining) indicated a Wii game port.

Aonuma basically said at E3 they could do it, no problem. Not saying they would, but they could do it.

Guess they wen't with no.

I always wished for a Skyward Sword Wii U version, since I haven't played the game on the Wii (sold the Wii before it came out).

But now I wonder, if I should just wait a little bit longer for BotW, which seems to be the better game. I don't want to get franchise fatigue before BotW releases.

Top Bottom