• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 localized for Taiwan, minus English audio??

What the hell?

My game shop just called me and told me that Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 will have voice audio in Chinese, but not English?

Since when does that happen? Even when games are localized with text/audio for a given country (in my case Korea and now Taiwan), the language would always default to English because that's what my system is set to.

Why the hell would they release the game ONLY with the Chinese audio?

Anyone have any idea if this will be the case?

NewDust

What the hell?

My game shop just called me and told me that Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 will have voice audio in Chinese, but not English?

Since when does that happen? Even when games are localized with text/audio for a given country (in my case Korea and now Taiwan), the language would always default to English because that's what my system is set to.

Why the hell would they release the game ONLY with the Chinese audio?

Anyone have any idea if this will be the case?

I have really no idea, but... perhaps is your store getting a grey market chinese sku?

Dazza

I have really no idea, but... perhaps is your store getting a grey market chinese sku?

Wouldn't that only be in simplified Chinese though?

If I were you I'd cancel a preorder if you have one, there isn't going to be a shortage of these on the shelf

Oh you have the special edition that's different then

Blablurn

Well, the localized Chinese games here, don't have English either. I assume not all Asian versions come with English support.

Dazza

Well, the localized Chinese games here, don't have English either. I assume not all Asian versions come with English support.

That's mainland China though ain't it? Doesn't Taiwan normally get the same SKU as Hong Kong and Singapore?

NewDust

"Grey market"? Is that, like, semi-legit or something?

Gray as in, the sku is only supposed to be sold in china, but could be imported cheaper than the normal taiwan/asia sku. But I have really no idea about the asian matket, it was just a thought that I had. In Europe we sometimes have UK or arab sku's because they are cheaper, though those still come with English language options.

Wouldn't that only be in simplified Chinese though?

Like I said, really no idea about the market, just a thought.

Top Bottom