• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

videocardz: Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with 10GB memory

michael-scott-no.gif

The 1080 Ti doesn't need the 970's memory controller shenanigans all over again.

Vuze

Neat. Wonder what the price will be though considering NV is only competing with themselves (thx AMD)
Speaking of which, where dem Vega news at?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
heh

how fucking outrageous would it be if the ps5 contained a 1080 ti?

the console would cost $1,400 minimum.

In 2019, the kind of power this GPU has will be midrange and perfect for PS5. I expect PS5's ram capacity to be higher, likely 16GB or so. That paired with Zen and allowed to use its power for brand new titles should do nicely in a console form factor.

MaDKaT

So, is it worth upgrading from a current 1080? Use case is primarily for VR. How close are we to the 1080 successor?

Bubba77

Hrm. Ive been thinking about selling my dual 1080s to get a titan. Maybe I should do it now before the 1080 resell value plummets.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will this bring down the price of the 1080 if it comes out?

History would suggest "Yes", but at this juncture AMD has no answer to the 1070, let alone the 1080 or Titan XP, and so Nvidia has no particular need to drop prices on the former two.

I want one bad, but... $799-899 would be a new personal record, and I don't have a heavy duty personal project on the table this time :^/ .

A price drop on the lower end 10xx stuff would work just as well.

SliChillax

History would suggest "Yes", but at this juncture AMD has no answer to the 1070, let alone the 1080 or Titan XP, and so Nvidia has no particular need to drop prices on the former two.

Didn't realize AMD was so far behind. Competition is great for consumers, AMD taking their sweet ass time isn't helping.

hohoXD123

At £700 with 90% of the performance of a Titan X Pascal I'll bite. An OC'd Titan X is almost 2x faster than a stock GTX 1070.

Considering how 1080 was £550-600ish, I'd be surprised if it's that cheap, especially considering they have no competition for now.

This.

I do a lot of GPU rendering now and memory is a huge bottleneck.

4E025Bd.jpg

Use garbage render, get nonsense memory requirements. If you are serious about rendering, Octane and Redshift are there and both of them receive an active support unlike iray.

Also, instance your things when possible to avoid clogging memory.

1080p'ing it, so my 980ti is so gonna hold on until the next Crysis comes along. The 10x0 series has been dope, but until we get reliable 4K I'm not seeing them as an amazing upgrade over the 9x0 series, except on the low range.

JordanN

Banned
Use garbage render, get nonsense memory requirements. If you are serious about rendering, Octane and Redshift are there and both of them receive an active support unlike iray.

Also, instance your things when possible to avoid clogging memory.

I'll admit the scene itself is staged. I can render almost anything when it falls between a certain polygon limit. But once it reaches something like say, 8 million polygons then my card fails.

I also kinda expect that too because I'm not running a renderfarm.

Top Bottom