• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Tokubetsu said:
We've come full circle, breh.

JqBaFd8.gif

Source.

HiResDes

Des,

I'd love to see your top house records this year so far. That talaboman rec is on point

I honestly think you've probably heard them all, and I've been listening to more Techno this year. Here's a general list of the stuff I really liked from this year that I didn't already mention or wasn't just talked about:

Dopplereffekt - Cellular Automata (Pretty Much All I'm Listening To ATM)
Tzusing - 東方不敗
Will Long - Long Trax
Herva - Hyper Flux
William Basinski - A Shadow in Time
Joy Orbison - Toss Portal
VA Artists - Club Chai Vol. 1
Basic Rhythm - The Basics
Ramzi - Phobiza Vol. 2
Klasey Jones - Foreign Buyers Club (Thanks Toku)
Fjaak - Fjaak (Got this from you actually)

Narkopop is shaping up to be really good too, just first impression though
And I think one of the best records that no one seems to be talking about is actually of the Jazz Fusion variety - Saagara "2"

HiResDes

Been listening to that Terror Reid track on repeat, shit bumps, and the emcee seriously reminds me of Siddx....I actually think Siddx can flow even better

Haven't seen T2 or the original for that matter, but I did manage to see "Baby Driver."

Please watch "Baby Driver" when it comes out because it's a fantastic action movie.

It's like if a music video director made a F&F film, filling it with flair and syncing action scenes to music. It's great, and I'm going to shill the fuck out of it.

Catvoca

Banned
Haven't seen T2 or the original for that matter, but I did manage to see "Baby Driver."

Please watch "Baby Driver" when it comes out because it's a fantastic action movie.

It's like if a music video director made a F&F film, filling it with flair and syncing action scenes to music. It's great, and I'm going to shill the fuck out of it.

I can't wait for this. Edgar Wright is a god.

Trainspotting 2, my bad.

it was pretty decent. soundtrack was a big step down from the first movie though. but i liked seeing the characters again.

pretty damn excited for this no doubt. got movie of the year expectations for it at this point.

requiem for a dream is a shitty movie. it starts out with all these drug addicts, and then they get more addicted to drugs, and then the movie ends. great. solid arc. the entire movie could be cut in to a 20 minute PSA that ends with a title card that says DRUGS ARE BAD. like, fuck, we get it. at least with trainspotting you care about the characters, and they fucking do things. requiem for a dream is just a stupid, nihlistic movie that is not nearly as deep as it thinks it is.

darren aranofsky did make the wrestler and black swan tho. those movies good.

riotous

Banned
It's a movie about addiction, obsession,. loneliness and of course, hopes and dreams. Sure it's nihilistic since nobody really fulfills their dreams but it's not just "DRUGS ARE BAD." It doesn't have to be incredibly deep to be an interesting watch. It's OK to just not like something and not have to frame everything you don't like as objectively terrible like an edgelord.

riotous

Banned
idk, you know when the biggest thing to come from your "deep" movie about drug addiction is ASS TO ASS you've fucked up somewhere

That entire sequence is brutal and pretty amazing; if all you got out of that movie is "ASS TO ASS" you know you fucked up somewhere.

It's not even really nihilistic; every character takes shortcuts to achieve their hopes and dreams. If anything that's the message; life isn't easy.. a pill or a single big deal won't set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom