• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mom calls cops on stranger choking her 7yr son, gets arrested (Up: bodycam footage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Trump's police? When you aren't white nothing else matters. Its shoot/arrest first ask questions later.

Paid vacation incoming?

I thought this was going to be about the mother calling the police about a "stranger" and it turning out she was the one who choked her son. Instead more racial foolishness.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So she says the guy choked her 7 year old because he didn't like that the kid threw some paper, and the first thing out of the cop's mouth is "why didn't you teach your son not to litter?"

Maaaaaaan.

American policing will always confuse and disappoint me.

Hmm, yes, this calls for a paid vacation.

I support individuals being paid their salary while an investigation is taking place and they can't work, unless of course it's obvious that the individual has fucked up and higher ups acknowledge that the individual is almost certainly guilty (which is my country's practice).

So I don't support it in this scenario. Still, any other job and Gaf would lose their minds at the idea of being put on leave without pay. It's a shame.

Will be interested to see the result when this thread is inevitably bumped in 2-5 months.

The US unfortunately has an infatuation with a militaristic, responsive policing attitude to crime, with the courts and legal system looking as though they're an extension of the policing structure rather than an independent third party. Unless this ever changes, there won't be any change in US policing.

Redd

You just knew it was going to go 0 to 100 real quick. Watch very little, if anything will happen to the cop. Stay safe people.

This shouldn't need to be said, but not all policemen and women are bastards. It is an institutional problem, but a solvable one. Acting like it can never change benefits nobody.

There's a reason paid vacations are a meme dude. Because cops mostly get away with anything they do, specially if it's against a minority.

Get used to seeing a lot more images like this under a Jeff Sessions led DOJ.

Police are gonna have a green light for shit like this for A LEAST the next 4 years and beyond.

ItIsOkBro

She says the man should have come to her instead of “putting your hands on my son.”

The officer then tells Craig, “why don’t you teach your son not to litter?”

She responds, “He can’t prove to me that my son littered, but it doesn’t matter if he did or didn’t, it doesn’t give him the right to put his hands on him.”

The officer then says, “why not?”

This fucking exchange, holy shit. This police officer responds as if he's trolling on a message board.

When a Police officer has to ask why a grown man isn't allowed to choke a 7 year old boy he probably shouldn't be in that job.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Well, at least we now have technology to document things that have ALWAYS happened.

Welcome to reality.

doesn't matter

there's always somebody going "but what was in the footage we DIDN'T see" or some bullshit

can't even agree that there's a problem, let alone think about solutions

The replies on Shaun's twitter are surprisingly...decent. At least from I scrolled through. I even ran across this

xpac9vsbl.png

krang

doesn't matter

there's always somebody going "but what was in the footage we DIDN'T see" or some bullshit

can't even agree that there's a problem, let alone think about solutions

I'd like to see that spin here. It's all documented - the attitude and overreaction from the officer involved. I'm no spin doctor, though.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
At this point I totally understand why some people would prefer to take the law into their own hands instead of calling the police. I don't agree with it, but I understand.

It seems if you're a minority, calling the police to help you is actually a coin flip as to whether or not you'll get someone who will actually help you, or if you will get yourself killed/arrested.

Sifl

When I clicked on this thread I was expecting it to be about the mother calling the cops, them showing up and for whatever reason mistaking her for the stranger choking her son and accidentally arresting her.

This is way worse, and I can't even @ the cops reasoning in the video.

FluxWaveZ

It's pretty amazing that the cop's reaction to the mother complaining about a stranger having choked her son is, "So?"

It seems if you're a minority, calling the police to help you is actually a coin flip as to whether or not you'll get someone who will actually help you, or if you will get yourself killed/arrested.

*In America.

krang

When I clicked on this thread I was expecting it to be about the mother calling the cops, them showing up and for whatever reason mistaking her for the stranger choking her son and accidentally arresting her.

This is way worse, and I can't even @ the cops reasoning in the video.

My experience of the whole thing as well. Not what I was expecting.

hbkdx12

This is ridiculous.

I'm assuming the cop didn't do anything arrest the man as it's the mothers word against the guy?

But you can clearly tell from his line of questioning and how quick he was to arrest her and her daughter he had no real intention on wanting to help her or her son

For fucks sake man.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Mum - "That man has no right to touch my child regardless if he did or didn't litter"
Cop - "Why not?"
Because it's assault, on a minor. Jesus fucking wept.

How is this guy a police officer? And worse how is he not fired on the spot? Utterly disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom