• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mom calls cops on stranger choking her 7yr son, gets arrested (Up: bodycam footage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akileese

More and more I think the racial divisions in the USA are the actually causes of most if its internal problems. Half the country hates anyone who isn't a euro white. You cant fix that sort of inbred hate from 100 million people. The USA needs to split into two countries and let the racists create their own fascist fundamentalist christian country.

Because this worked out so well for America the last time this happened?

This is absolutely appalling and embarrassing. The "Why not?" line is like something you'd hear out of a parody video. I don't understand the mindset that can allow someone to completely ignore something like assault.

Nabs

I don't know how to put my anger into words.

I might hate facebook, but shoutouts to Facebook Live and Facebook Video. I recently watched a young black man get manhanded by a cop for brushing an off-duty officer's arm, an older black women get thrown to the ground and arrested for being black in walmart, and now a family gets arrested for calling the police and talking to an officer. Nothing will change. No one cares.

Jeremy

More and more I think the racial divisions in the USA are the actually causes of most if its internal problems. Half the country hates anyone who isn't a euro white. You cant fix that sort of inbred hate from 100 million people. The USA needs to split into two countries and let the racists create their own fascist fundamentalist christian country.

This would only work for me if they are not allowed to reside on any land consisting of the United States. AKA, leave.

This vid was uncomfortable, seemed like a Reno 911 sketch

Breads

Banned
Fuck the police. Glad they got that on video. Who knows what kind of bullshit charges were prevented by capturing all of that.

No, you stop.

I don't think the answer is 'never call the cops' - all the times people call the cops and it doesn't end up with them getting tased or shot aren't really talked about, but they exist. Don't take the law into your own hands, and if someone assaults your child, call the cops.

Im just literally pointing out what calling the police got her....

I don't think people realize its not the grand solution everyone thinks it is...

This is also factoring if they even SHOW UP in a reasonable timeframe, Police response time is not equal by ANY means

Are you...are you implying to just stand idly by while a stranger grabs and chokes your 7 year old child?

Lmao, how is that any different then running into the house and grabbing a phone while looking scared out of a window.

Unlike you, my hands would be around his throat.

hbkdx12

No, you stop.

I don't think people realize its not the grand solution everyone thinks it is...

This is also factoring if they even SHOW UP in a reasonable timeframe

As a law abiding citizen what was she suppose to do? Go over there with some family members and beat the guy up? In which case he would have called the cops and she'd be arrested anyway and i can assure you the cop wouldn't look at the white man and ask "why shouldn't she beat you up for choking her 7 year old son?"

As a law abiding citizen what was she suppose to do? Go over there with some family members and beat the guy up? In which case he would have called the cops and she'd be arrested anyway and i can assure you the cop wouldn't look at the white man and ask "why shouldn't she beat you up for choking her 7 year old son?"

Lol, why the fuck are y'all coming at me?!

She called the cops and not shit happened! I didn't do shit!

Look at the scenario of your post, both ways she's arrested. Aint that fucked up? and her child is the victim and she's innocent.

Half of y'all on this forum have never been a position like this looked at as an enemy to a law enforcement officer, that tower sure is nice.

Two Words

No, you stop.

This is also factoring if they even SHOW UP in a reasonable timeframe, Police response time is not equal by ANY means

Lmao, how is that any different then running into the house and grabbing a phone while looking scared out of a window.

Unlike you, my hands would be around his throat.
And he would call the cops and you'd have a legitimate arrest out for you. Stop victim blaming them for calling the police. They did 100% the right thing.

JayB1920

"Why don't you teach your son not to litter"
"Why not"
"If you keep yelling at me you're going to piss me off and Im going to choke you too" Daughter steps in to calm mother down and officer attacks them both.

Absolutely disgusting comments from the officer. Should be cut and dry.

And he would call the cops and you'd have a legitimate arrest out for you. Stop victim blaming them for calling the police. They did 100% the right thing.

Who is victim blaming?!!! WTF, stop projecting tropes out your ass.

Did SHE not have a legitimate arrest claim? and WTF happened?!! NOT SHIT.

Y'all motherfucker just don't get it, fam.

Edit: This is the problem in the US now, we got people throwing out all these damn terms and don't even know what they mean and when to apply them. I don't even understand how the fuck you can get victim blaming out of me saying don't rely on the fucking police as a minority. Never once did I blame her for shit.

"why did you teach your son to litter" as if the guy in the back had every right to choke the 7 yr old kid.

wow... ... wow..... and the article about their bail? sheesh...

Two Words

Look at the scenario of your post, both ways she's arrested. Aint that fucked up? and her child is the victim and she's innocent.

Half of y'all on this forum have never been a position like this looked at as an enemy to a law enforcement officer, that tower sure is nice.
There are plenty of circumstances where a black person calls the police and gets proper assistance or at least doesn't have shit like this happen to them. Stop trying to promote a false message that calling the police for help and taking the law into your own hands will likely lead to identical outcomes for black people. It's not true. I'm not even trying to say "Not All Cops" about this. I'm saying that taking the law into your own hands is not a solution and will have far more worse consequences.

hbkdx12

Your posts read like she shouldn't have called the cops

Air

Banned
I'm not surprised Mom was black. Really, at this point I'm just glad technology is so prevalent that we can actually show people hard evidence of the bias against poc. At least the Mom and girl are alive

There are plenty of circumstances where a black person calls the police and gets proper assistance or at least doesn't have shit like this happen to them. Stop trying to promote a false message that calling the police for help and taking the law into your own hands will likely lead to identical outcomes for black people. It's not true. I'm not even trying to say "Not All Cops" about this. I'm saying that taking the law into your own hands is not a solution and will have far more worse consequences.

So if she decided to protect her child she would be wrong?

I'm not surprised and have never been by any of these videos. This isn't a Trumps America thing. This is America, it always been this way you just see it now.

Two Words

Edit: This is the problem in the US now, we got people throwing out all these damn terms and don't even know what they mean and when to apply them. I don't even understand how the fuck you can get victim blaming out of me saying don't rely on the fucking police as a minority. Never once did I blame her for shit.
You saw this and the first thing you type is "Why did she call the police?" That is victim blaming. Victim blaming is not only just literally saying it is the victim's fault. Any sort of emphasis on spotlighting the victim's innocuous actions as a factor of the outcome is victim blaming. Basically, what you are saying only serves as a distraction.

My dads a cop. PLOT TWIST. Growing up, even he knew the police weren't a resource in every location. He still knows that now.

Your posts read like she shouldn't have called the cops

I really don't see how that could be. AND again.... she did call the cops...

And nothing changed that day.

So if she decided to protect her child she would be wrong?

fucking thank you. I can't fucking deal with this ivory tower morality bullshit anymore

jeffram

WTF, this is so infuriating. America needs to wake up and realize what a shitshow of a country it really is. Yes, it's better than most places, but I feel like patriotism gives people a false sense of social advancement that really isn't there.

Just imagine if this was a white woman who called the police about a black man choking her 7 year old...

R0ckman

Well, at least we now have technology to document things that have ALWAYS happened.

Welcome to reality.

Wont matter, they know they have all the power and decision making power. The only resistance they would have is an actual rebellion which is unlikely now even moreso due to the possibility of them getting military gear. They are basically souped up institutionalized thugs.

hypernima

Banned
Can we change the flag already?
I mean the intentions are known.

eBctlxc.jpg

Just imagine if this was a white woman who called the police about a black man choking her 7 year old...

"She should have put those hands on him"

"I can't even imagine that being my child, Id be in jail."

Where the fuck would those "Call the cops and hide" mentality posters be?

I don't get what your dad being a cop has anything to do with what I just said.

PLOT TWIST: I'm black. Does that mean I win the argument? Is that how this works?

Nah, It just means you're being obtuse and sensitive as fuck right now. I JUST told you why it was relevant to our discussion.

Alavard

Your entire focus on this incident has been with the behavior of the victim. 'Why didn't she just do this?' 'Why did she bother doing that?'

That is victim blaming.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Damn uppity blacks, trying to complain against a white man. A white man who was trying to teach a black kid some manners btw. A saint really.

Two Words

"She should have put those hands on him"

"I can't even imagine that being my child, Id be in jail."

Where the fuck would those "Call the cops and hide" mentality posters be?

Nah, It just means you're being obtuse and sensitive as fuck right now. I JUST told you why it was relevant to our discussion.
It's not. Every black person taking the law into their own hands would have far worse outcomes than black people calling the police.
And how does me being black mean I am being obtuse and sensitive?

Your entire focus on this incident has been with the behavior of the victim. 'Why didn't she just do this?' 'Why did she bother doing that?'

That is victim blaming.

According to GAF, Im worse than the damn cop I see....

It's not. Every black person taking the law into their own hands would have far worse outcomes than black people calling the police.

And how does me being black mean I am being obtuse and sensitive?
When did I say every person? Words in mouth....

The man put his hands on her CHILD. She's JUSTIFIED.

Bold: Okay, we're done here. Put me on ignore or w/e but Im not gonna go back and forth when you're clearly just making shit up and putting words in my mouth. I never said any of the shit you posted.

Air

Banned
Are there any articles that give a report on this, on what actually happened? I'm having a hard time following it.

Man chokes 7 year old after he says boy littered
Mom calls police because man chokes her son
Mom describes situation to police
Police asks why mom didn't teach her son not to litter
Mom gets angry because there's no way you can justify choking a 7 year old
Cop begins to arrest mom, puts her on the floor, gun to her back.
Cop arrests another girl

hbkdx12

I really don't see how that could be. AND again.... she did call the cops...

And nothing changed that day.

fucking thank you. I can't fucking deal with this ivory tower morality bullshit anymore

You're first post in the thread was
Why tf did she call the cops?
That to me reads as if she had no business calling the cops

I'm getting the idea that you're essentially saying that calling the cops was pointless as oppose to saying shouldn't have called them in the first place but that initial post doesn't really make that clear.

Two Words

According to GAF, Im worse than the damn cop I see....

When did I say every person? Words in mouth....

The man put his hands on her CHILD. She's JUSTIFIED.
This guy is a rabble-rousing distraction, people. He only serves to make pointless, distracting arguments. Lets please not engage in his pointless bickering about how the victim shouldn't have called the police. He seems to care about only talking about the victim's actions and we shouldn't encourage that kind of discussion on this issue.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Most dangerous gang in America up to its bullshit once again.
Anyone who doesn't make major police reform a priority as an elected official can go fuck themselves.

DavidDesu

America will have the largest race riots on its hands within the next year or two at this rate (amazed there isn't already to be honest, the past couple of years have been remarkable in the number of outright murders committed against civilians).

America's militarised and radicalised police will likely go on to commit a Tianamen Square type of colossally ill proportioned fuck up that will then make it go absolutely nuclear. You have Trump and evil associates in charge across every institution of the land at this time.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom