• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot impressions of Zelda - Wii U version was smoother

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmickfran

lmao that would be hilarious

I'm not getting a Switch at launch anymore, but Zelda was the one game that I wanted.

This'll be good for me :p

ironcreed

Banned
1265.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Didn't expect that 😱 What's going on here

even if the switch is more powerful, it'll have been developed and probably optimised to the wiiU, and maybe the port isn't great?

Maybe the switch isn't very powerful?

Maybe they'll patch it post-release (that's a big worry - the 32GB being eaten up with patches)

This simply can't be true. I know Richard from DF said that they were going to the event, so hopefully we'll get their analysis soon.

JaseMath

If this is true, I'll probably cancel my pre-order.

They both said there was a lot of texture pop-in, too. C'mon Nintendo...

Alienous

We'll have to see how the non-E3 Wii U version looks, because it did look pretty rough at th Game Awards. It could be a performance decrease across the board, on both systems, due to the larger scope of the game when compared to the demo.

Pappasman

In all of the wii u version footage the framerate had problems. In all of the switch version footage the framerate has been solid.

I really doubt this.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
30 page thread incoming... lmfao

NolbertoS

Well the game was built from the ground up for the Wii U. I was expecting a less quality port on Switch TBH as it was rushed for the Switch launch and I bet Nintendo will release a patch for it. Its not the end of the world.

seantos

Neo Member
This news is just too perfect lol. I feel better about my old wii u version preorder more and more. I really wonder how easy it is to port from power pc to the arm architecture. I imagine porting an x86 game from ps4/xbox/pc is probably easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom