• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot impressions of Zelda - Wii U version was smoother

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixx

I remember people were clowning folks for buying the "inferior" wii u version

I'm pretty sure it would run just as smooth

Have there been previous cases of games where one hardware is a stable framerate but another hardware is all over the place being both higher and lower.

My understanding is prior to today people thought the Wii U tended to chug more on explosions.

RPGCrazied

Isn't the Wii U version 720p though with worse textures? That could explain better performance, but yeah, I'm getting the Wii U version.

Aeana

Ever since the Jimmy Fallon presentation where it looked like some foliage was missing on the TV view, I have been wondering about this. We'll have to see when someone does an actual analysis. I currently have both versions ordered.

Guymelef

Eurogamer said it will be 1080p60fps in dock mode and 720p60fps in handheld mode in the final version > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4liEfuFvIqE

Who to believe ? :/

SGGIOgf.jpg

Caelus

Don't buy this whatsoever. Switch has no framerate drops with explosions unlike Wii U, I doubt the entirety of the game is less smooth.

Fuck, it hasn't even been 12 hours since the conference ended and it already feels like the system is shaping up to be a huge disappointment. Performing worse on the system it's replacing at the same resolution is just... Ugh.

Phamit

I read the exact opposite from a German reporter, who played it in handheld mode. He said it was a lot smoother than the Wii U version

It seriously can't run a Wii U game at 1080p, and it can't run it smoothly at 900p? I kind of expected more than this.

I can't watch the video at work so I just assumed they meant portable performance. If it's docked and it has a few dips at 900p vs 720p on the Wii U then that's different.

HeelPower

Ohh hey look at that one rep say 900p 30fps and spawns a meltdown thread and now another say 1080p 60fps. Why do people ever listen to show floor reps?

1080p 60 fps ?

Lol you probably need a PS4 Pro to run it 1080p60.Even then its probably doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom