• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast RMX will get HD Rumble

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Source: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/FAST-RMX-has-double-the-content-of-Racing-NEO-more
We recently added HD Rumble to the game and it made a big difference”, stated Linzer. “For instance, when you get in contact with something you now feel where it happens and what happens. It's not a simple On/Off rumble but you get tactile feedback about the position, where your vehicle really touched something. It adds a lot to the immersion."

Other interesting info:
FAST Racing NEO for the Wii U featured split-screen racing running at 720p and 60 frames per second (fps), however the development team had to lower the frame rate to 30 fps with three or four player split screen. Shin'en are taking full advantage of the Switch's extra power as Linzer explains, “On Nintendo Switch in TV mode we now have four player split-screen, at 1080p and 60fps with much more details enabled. For worst case scenarios we enable dynamic resolution scaling to make sure the game keeps 60fps in unforeseen situations, tho that's usually not something you can spot. “
We almost worked a full year on the original game to get to a point where anyone could pick up the controller for the first time and have fun from the first minute.
“As the Nintendo Switch offers so many play styles and controls we kept them always in the focus. Playing with the Switch means you can change your play style or controller any time and we made sure Fast RMX makes it as simply as possible to do that. You can even setup your own controller layouts. That even works for every player in the local multiplayer mode.”
Ok. Day one.

mindatlarge

If they include a bonus stage constructed of ice cubes, color me interested.

Seriously though, this is pretty cool. Missed this on the Wii U, so I'll definitely be checking it out on the Switch.

Plum

Was gonna get this anyway in lieu of Mario Kart near release but this just confirms my purchase. Never played the original on Wii U so it's entirely a new experience for me, can't wait.

Gestault

That's good to hear about the rumble feature. I'm hoping that's one of those things they have demos for at the kiosks. I HOPE it's basically standard in all games. It would be a waste otherwise.

I can't imagine how this (most racing games, really) will play without analog triggers. I know I played a lot of Wipeout XL on a digital controller, but that was a long time ago.

Mega

Banned
Four player splitscreen going from 720p/30fps on Wii U to 1080p/60fps on Switch is a bigger upgrade than any other game and FAST already looked amazing. On top of that they're even using HD Rumble.

Is it truly native 1080p? Because Fast Racing Neo is not native 720p on the Wii U. It's upscaled from a lower res, similar to Pokken.

Oregano

Is it truly native 1080p? Because Fast Racing Neo is not native 720p on the Wii U. It's upscaled from a lower res, similar to Pokken.

No, they even say it will use dynamic res in the interview but that's still a higher dynamic res than the Wii U version.

Rodin

That's great to hear, d1 for sure. Can't wait to try HD Rumble in different games to test how it feels in different scenarios.

No, they even say it will use dynamic res in the interview but that's still a higher dynamic res than the Wii U version.

Well the exact quote is "For worst case scenarios", but we'll see. Will be particularly interesting to see what the dynamic resolution will be in 3-4 players split screen, when the game still maintains 60fps vs 30 on Wii U.

Top Bottom