• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild Amiibo unlocks revealed

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
GameXplain Has a video up showing the backs of all the amiibo boxes and what they each unlock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdANVP7QXHo

I'm sure they're breaking embargos.

Also, it's nice to know none of these items are exclusive, amiibo just unlock them earlier.
We already know that Wolf Link works more or less identically to other companions in the game, so it's mostly cosmetic (on top of him carrying his hearts over from the cave of ordeals).

Here's pics from Nintendo wire:

The Guardian - Anti guardian arrows and crafting mats

umkyacg.jpg

Bokoblin - Clubs

mslgpIb.jpg

Rider Link - Sword and Saddle

l0cTt9x.jpg

Zelda - Shield

uDJdLP0.jpg

Archer Link - Bow

LhtdSUQ.jpg

LordKano

Also, it's nice to know none of these items are exclusive, amiibo just unlock them earlier.

Andre was being pretty careful to not break embargo during his pre-unboxing thing. I'm guessing that the back of the packaging isn't under an embargo.

Assuming these are a once per day kinda deal? Which is great, as I'd totally break all my weapons otherwise and be screwed.

joms5

Looks like it's time to cancel that Guardian amiibo.

Amiibo's are officially useless and game breaking.

I know that TP Wolf Link amiibo gives you the wolf as a pet, but have they said what 8-Bit Link will give you yet?

8-bit Link is one of the only Amiibos coming up that I actually have an interest in.

Yeah, all of these things are items in the game. I hope like the other amiibos they drop out of the goddamn sky. That stuff is hilarious. Fish falling out of the sky made my day.

Yukinari

The return of horse armor.

15 dollars to pimp out your horse. Nintendoomed

CFe03fyWMAI31IZ.jpg

Kinda sucks how Zelda and Bow Link just give you one item as opposed to the others.

LordKano

I know that TP Wolf Link amiibo gives you the wolf as a pet, but have they said what 8-Bit Link will give you yet?

8-bit Link is one of the only Amiibos coming up that I actually have an interest in.

IIRC it gives you shit like fishes or something like that. Nothing really interesting.
EDIT : yeah it was barrels.

Plum

Eh, I'd prefer underwhelming stuff like this than locking out large chunks of the game to the Amiibo.

Not sure what it gives but that amiibos been out for a while. I saw it at target a couple weeks ago and almost bought it, but they gave him a huge nose for some reason :/

I might end up getting the guardian or archer amiibos... i'd be so sad to get that bow in-game and have it break on me!

aadiboy

If you don't care about the Amiibo, you're basically paying way too much for DLC you can't get anywhere else. Is this stuff available in the game without Amiibos?

rewkol

I would guess more stamina or helps protect them from fatal hits because horses can die now.

Now I just know that I'm going to fall in love with a horse that'll stay by my side for the whole game, and cry when it dies because I accidentally walked up to some super strong enemies or mini-boss. I can't wait.

I thought it was funny because it's like he's having knives pointed at him for the fact the horses can die, because he's the CEO of the company atm.

Perhaps it's a metaphor. Kimishima is smug, unwavering in the face of constant hostility and hardship, aka KNIVES. Such is the mighty and majestic horse, unwavering in its stride, not caring if harm comes its way even though they can actually die now.

Some are these one-time use? Or is it like most amiibo where you can use them once a day?

Ideally they'd only be used once until you lose the item in particular, and then you can use it again.

Top Bottom