• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Bundles /w Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Up at GameStop

Steiner

Banned
Neon bundle is here, and gray bundle is here.

Comes with Switch, 128GB memory card, Breath of the Wild and its expansion pass, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

$499.99

I hope everyone who wants one gets one.

Buy several copies of this thread and hock it to scalpers if this is old or unworthy.

EDIT: I figured this went without saying, but before anyone gets mad: Yes, this is one of those GameStop "homemade" bundles where you're paying for everything a la carte. Whether or not that annoys you doesn't change the fact that it's an excellent collection of Switch stuff and a great opportunity for those who haven't been able to buy one yet.

Steiner

Banned
Ever so slightly misleading thread title.

I literally tell you exactly what it is and where it's coming from... If a mod thinks this is baiting in any way feel free to change it. Wasn't my intention at all; just trying to help out those who haven't been able to find a Switch and would be buying these games and a memory card anyway.

Retail prices:

Switch: $299.99
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: $59.99
Zelda BOTW: $59.99
BOTW Pass:$19.99

Total $439.96

So they're charging $60.03 for a 128 gb card plus the convenience (and availability) of the bundle. Not too bad all things considered.

Damaniel

Banned
It's a good bundle with no filler. I realize that's expensive, but if you really really really want a Switch and don't have one yet, just pull the trigger. No guarantee you'll find a better deal in the next few months.

This just encourages them to only ever sell their stuff in bundles. Filler or not, a person should be able to buy a console by itself, *without* stuff put in there that does nothing but increase margins for Gamestop while offering little for the customer.

Amazon's never made me buy a bundle to get a console. That might be why I don't shop at Gamestop...

AniHawk

Retail prices:

Total $439.96

So they're charging $60.04 for a 128 gb card plus the convenience (and availability) of the bundle. Not too bad all things considered.

i think best buy charges $60 for the same micro sd card, so it's basically the cost of everything and being able to have it all at once.

went with a 200 gb micro sd card myself, but it's really a pretty solid bundle if you wanted to have a switch, play zelda, and have a multiplayer game.

Would be nice if these bundles were actually a good value and not GameStop just gouging consumers.
At least throw in an amiibo or something

fernoca

I literally tell you exactly what it is and where it's coming from... If a mod thinks this is baiting in any way feel free to change it. Wasn't my intention at all; just trying to help out those who haven't been able to find a Switch and would be buying these games and a memory card anyway.
Think the confusion is because of the leak of an official MK8D bundle, which this is not.

That said, it is a good bundle.

Retail prices:

Total $439.96

So they're charging $60.03 for a 128 gb card plus the convenience (and availability) of the bundle. Not too bad all things considered.

I thought the purpose of bundles was to be cheaper than the items bought separately...

Futureman

Decent. Most people are getting everything here sans the SD card maybe.

I thought the purpose of bundles was to be cheaper than the items bought separately...

maybe on an item that is struggling to sell and a bundle is created for value reasons. Switch is flying off the shelf so Gamestop is adding some items in as they barely make any money off selling the console by itself.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I guess I'd be buying all that stuff anyways if I didn't already get my Switch. Would rather see them just sell the damn thing though.

Gamestop must be loving the Switch right now. I don't think I've seen them offering up non-bundle versions of the Switch since launch.

Switch - $300
Loz - $60
Expansion - $20
MK8Dx - $60

So they're charging $60 for a 128GB microSd card ($45)? Or they're just adding $15 here and there because GameStop reasons.

You're expecting Gamestop to charge less than MSRP for a Micro SD card?

inner-G

Banned
Switch - $300
Loz - $60
Expansion - $20
MK8Dx - $60

So they're charging $60 for a 128GB microSd card ($45)? Or they're just adding $15 here and there because GameStop reasons.

128GB micro SD are only $45 a few places online. Most places they sell for $60+

Petrae

Nah. Once the Switch is available on its own, without the need to sacrifice my first-born or visit 187 different stores to find one, I'll probably bite. Not paying half a grand-- and getting a game that I really don't care for in Zelda-- just for the privilege of owning a Switch.

Would be nice if these bundles were actually a good value and not GameStop just gouging consumers.
At least throw in an amiibo or something

Other than the micro SD card, it is a pretty good bundle. I can't hate since I had to jump on one of these upcharged bundles to get a Switch. It came with Shovel Knight, Fast RMX, Zelda, and it's season pass. Basically games I was gonna get anyway.

I know, I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. And I say slightly because technically it is correct, but people might think it's an actual Nintendo bundle due to the one releasing in Russia that people speculated may come overseas.

Seik

Banned
Well at least the bundle have two stellar titles and doesn't shove shit like 1-2 Switch and Just Dance down the throat of people.

Thanks, my friend that has been trying to get one for 4+ weeks got a Neon! This bundle is the "most decent" I've seen, even if it is a bundle.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Retail prices:

Total $439.96

That MicroSD is $59.99 in store.

Of course, you can find everything cheaper separately elsewhere but...good luck waiting on the unit I guess?

One other reason GameStop does a lot of these bundles if that Nintendo and GameStop seem to be hate-fucking. Rumor is, Nintendo is demanding high attach per system from GameStop. At launch, it was 800%. Now, it's 400-500% attach. aka, 4-5 items per system. Don't meet that? Won't see units.

Other than the micro SD card, it is a pretty good bundle. I can't hate since I had to jump on one of these upcharged bundles to get a Switch. It came with Shovel Knight, Fast RMX, Zelda, and it's season pass. Basically games I was gonna get anyway.
Sure, but this is 100% GameStop taking advantage of a hard to get product instead of making it seem like somewhat of an offer

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Bet Gamestop currently is like dollar, dollar bills y'all at the switch success. They're going to milk these forced bundles like no tomorrow.

Of course, you can find everything cheaper separately elsewhere but...good luck waiting on the unit I guess?

One other reason GameStop does a lot of these bundles if that Nintendo and GameStop seem to be hate-fucking. Rumor is, Nintendo is demanding high attach per system from GameStop. At launch, it was 800%. Now, it's 400-500% attach. aka, 4-5 items per system. Don't meet that? Won't see units.
I doubt Nintendo is demanding an 800/500% attach rate for a system with like 5 retail games

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I doubt Nintendo is demanding an 800/500% attach rate for a system with like 5 retail games

Really? Switch, Zelda, Expansion Pass, Mario Kart preorder, MicroSD card, Extra Joycons, Extra Joycon Charger, Extra case, ARMS preorder, Splatoon preorder, extra Amiibos, eshop card, Mario Kart Wheels, etc. Not counting any warrenties on the system itself.

It's EASY to hit 500-800 attach on a Switch with no games. My store had 9 items per system at launch. AT LAUNCH. As more games hit, more chances.

Whether the rumor is true or not, I dunno. But attach is easy when a system as a shit ton of dumb accessories with it.

Retail prices:

Total $439.96

Yeah. The memory card is what makes the price of this iffy as I feel like most of that $60 is just going to GameStop. This reminds me of when GameStop printed new copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles to capitalize on their rarity and then they sold them as used so that they didn't have to share the profits with Nintendo. I get that $439.99 is a weird price and it doesn't allow GameStop to wet their beaks but $439.99 should've been the price of this bundle.

I thought the "Nintendo loves artificial scarcity" conspiracy theories were bad... Woof...

Principate

Saint Titanfall

I highly, highly doubt this. Not only is there no need for Nintendo to do this, that was GameStop's plan from the onset (they make the most money from that). It's like going up to your kid and saying eat this chocolate bar otherwise I won't give you some money.

Walked into Wal-Mart today and they had 4 consoles on the shelf mid day. Supply is starting to catch up, don't give in to scummy gamestop practices.

Ridiculous. Last time I was in gamestop and asked about the switch they tried to sell me some online bundle for $450...not even something I could walk out the store with and the bundle had no eta on shipping lol

I did get a gamestop bundle with an NES classic and was able to return the extra (and expensive) crap that it came with. You could probably do the same here if you wanted a Switch bad enough, though there's no guarantee.

Top Bottom