• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered available now standalone

Daffy Duck

Call of Duty on Facebook said:
Let’s do this. Experience the genre-defining Campaign & Multiplayer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, now available on disc and digital download.

Fill your boots.

Will be interesting to see if those of us with the IW Legacy Edition will get a patch so we don't have to have the IW disc in to play.

Probably the least shocking news following the leaks, still never thought they would do this.

Theorry

giphy.webp

For nostalgic feeling i was intrested when it was announced. But how they handled all of it really didnt feel right.

I wonder what excuses the "I'm not buying this until it's standalone" folks will have now to keep complaining about it. Microtransactions and DLC?

Lothars

I wonder what excuses the "I'm not buying this until it's standalone" folks will have now to keep complaining about it. Microtransactions and DLC?
When they mess up the game than yeah that's a fair reason. I would have bought it 6 months ago but now I will wait till it's dirt cheap.

Neptonic

They ruined an almost perfect game with their bullshit. No forgiveness. I almost bought Infinite Warfare for this game then they started sticking their fingers where they didn't belong.

Sethista

I cant believe they made it 40 dollars, so that means they valued it more than infinite warfare in the bundle?

Also, no variety pack included? and they are selling it for 15 dollars?

I just pre prdered the horizon zero dawn dlc for 15 dollars!

Really, the greed is getting ridiculous.

Caayn

Will be interesting to see if those of us with the IW Legacy Edition will get a patch so we don't have to have the IW disc in to play.
I really hope so. I just tested it and it still demands that I insert the IW disc in order to play it :(

XB1 version.

GOOCHY

Avoid it. The first few weeks were pretty great because it was like the original with better graphics. Now, Raven has taken it upon themselves to push micro transactions and change the game mechanics, namely - they've removed the timer in HC TDM. That to me is unacceptable.

How about optimize the game on PC, include all of the map packs and drop the price by at least 10 dollars first?

Edit: Wait, it's also first on PS4 only, with the Xbox One and PC needing to wait even longer, get 'em outta here?

Daffy Duck

The single player is fantastic, multiplayer hasn't aged well sadly and is also victim of micro transactions and loot boxes.

Ensoul

Not that I expect anything less from activision but $40 is a joke considering you can get Legacy Edition for practically the same price.

If you got that IW disc restricted version on PS4, go to PSN Store and check if you are able to buy/download Modern Warfare Remastered there. Obviously don't buy if it is asking for money, but if you are entitled to the discless version it may show up as "Free" with a buy button.

Randam

Does it come with every dlc included?

BTW: dlc for a remaster.

Remastered map pack, which even cost more than it did almost 10 years ago.

Trace

Banned
Late + too expensive + adding MT to your remaster + not including all the DLC.

Hard pass.

Thanks but no thanks activision.

If you got that IW disc restricted version on PS4, go to PSN Store and check if you are able to buy/download Modern Warfare Remastered there. Obviously don't buy if it is asking for money, but if you are entitled to the discless version it may show up as "Free" with a buy button.

Not officially out until Tuesday I think.

Yeah no thank you. $40 + another $15 for the variety map pack. I can buy the original, feature complete for $10 on PS3 right now.
Who actually finds this an acceptable release and price?

jbug617

Banned
Timed Exclusive on PS4. I believe the listing for the XB1 version is 7/27
DDBa3FnXgAAkTTR

Edit: Gematsu says 6/29 for XB1 and PC. Not sure if both the physical and digital release at the same time though.

Top Bottom