• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This New Chinese Mobile Game Kinda Looks Like Persona

A Chinese mobile game released for Android and iOS surfaced last week, and it bears some striking resemblances to elements of the Persona series.

Developed by Shanghai-based studio Zhuangli Zhu, the similarities start with the title of their newest game: “超神异闻录” or “Supreme God Revelations”. In China, the Persona series is called “女神异闻录”, or “Goddess Revelations.” This mobile game is only one character off.

According to the developer, “Supreme God Revelations” is a fantasy action RPG which features card-based combat (with 4v4 battles and boss fights) and exploration. There are multiple classes to unlock (200 roles divided between five types of heroes that excel at different aspects), missions to complete, and endings to obtain. The game’s story is apparently written by an unnamed, famous novelist.
Mobile-Persona-Rip-off-1.jpg

Mobile-Persona-Rip-off-4.jpg

http://personacentral.com/chinese-persona-mobile-rip-off/

PSqueak

Banned
I mean, it's generic anime designs, so of course it looks similar, but in the one screenshot in OP that managed to get through there seems to be a "not-Arsene" and the red head does look a lot like that one girl from P3.

_woLf

This actually has more differences to it than a lot of Chinese IP clones do.

It's still super blatant, but yeah.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They obviously just took directly from the character designs of Persona, all of those characters are characters from 3 4 and 5 respectively.

Its like they just play a game and say "I wanna make that!" and so they just do it

Heck, that even looks like Akihiko a little bit from P4A. But this is not surprising...rip off extremely well known game, change things up, add buzzwords, market to mobile, clean up on micro transactions.

edit - snap as poster above said, Shinji too, and the Mittsuru too..

NullMoon

Neo Member
Yeah, those looks like rip offs all right. It's a pretty blatant copy of Mitsuru, Akihiko, Shinjiro, and kinda Ryujji just to name a few.

I guess at least they had enough taste to rip off of the P3 cast. There are 2! Mitsurus, one being a Mitsuru/Yukari hybrid, Akihiko and Shinjiro are there, I don't know if that's supposed to be Minato or Joker though..

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Love how they even jacked the Persona 5 font.

Dot-N-Run

Alright the two Mitsurus gave me a laugh. When you love a character enough to make not one but two knock-offs of her that's pretty impressive.

RedBoot

Sad thing is about half of the designs are very good Persona "inspired" designs, but they're undercut by the other half that are lazy ripoffs. Though if it's gatcha, there's probably hundreds of characters, so I guess they'd get lazy eventually.

Wichu

The character designs are pretty obviously 'inspired by' Persona, but at least it's original art. That's more than I was expecting.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They look like every anime character ever. How can you be sure Persona is where they from?

Genuine question, I don't play Persona.

Because its blatantly obvious. if you watch a lot of different anime or read a lot of different manga over a long time period, the differences become finer to parse despite looking similar in design

Top Bottom