• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) releases on Sept 8th in Europe (US: Fall)

EU: Sept 8th, 2017
US: Fall 2017

Source

C9Po52IVoAAxXoG.jpg
91hJz3XuoyL._SL1500_.jpg

Japan? They are getting a new free meaty update and rerelease on July 27th, hopefully we will get it too.

Impressions? Check the import thread, people liked it.

Anime? It's on Crunchyroll.

E3? Completely absent from the show. The self sabotage sometimes is too much.

Amiibos? We don't know if Capcom/Nintendo are bringing Amiibos over.

i-Jest

Its finally coming over. I hope the Amiibo are still compatible with the western versions, even if they don't make it over.

kubus

Thanks for the excellent thread Sammy :).

Is the NA boxart new? Or is that still from the April announcement? Would be odd if NA did get the amiibo and Europe didn't (or they both get them, but they removed the amiibo logo on the EU art for some reason...)

(btw might be good idea to edit your last post in the other post with a link to this thread. I'd post the link but don't wanna bump the old thread :p)

Eolz

As said in the other thread, awesome.
Nintendo will market it at least. Seems like a good release date too (a bit too close to Samus Returns imo, but that's just me lol).

Shiggy

So it looks like Capcom is not launching the MH Stories Amiibos in Europe, unless they are still changing the boxart. Good to know that MH Stories is also compatible with the new Nintendo 2DS XL now, not just the Nintendo 2DS as the preliminary German box suggests :)

Shikoba

Really looking forward to this game. It looks fantastic. I hope we get the amiibos, although it seems kind of unlikely?

Shiggy

Really looking forward to this game. It looks fantastic. I hope we get the amiibos, although it seems kind of unlikely?

The US boxart shows the amiibo logo, so it looks like the US version may support amiibos. If you are in Europe, it doesn't look like the amiibos will come over as the game apparently doesn't support them.

budpikmin

Hopefully they leave the amiibo function in. They might not be marking it on the box as they aren't selling the amiibo here.

Game looks fantastic but I fear it's going to bomb hard with such little exposure. Might pick it up instead of Pokken DX

Shiggy

Hopefully they leave the amiibo function in. They might not be marking it on the box as they aren't selling the amiibo here.

In the other thread, somebody was saying that Nintendo of America will publish this game in North America. Perhaps that's why the amiibo functionality is still listed for that version. In Europe it's published by Capcom, and Nintendo will just distribute the retail version (as with all Capcom games on 3DS).

mas8705

I'm sure it isn't an uncommon thing for Europe to get a game release date before the US, but it would be nice to guess if the US might get to see Stories at around September as well hopefully. All that said, I can't wait to give this game a go when it comes out. ^_^

butman

Is the turn base system and story any good or is just a good looking game based on a big franchise with a generic combat and boring story like WoFF?

HeeHo

Might be the last 3DS game I buy. I always thought this looked great. Are the import impressions any good?

Qurupeco and Barioth Amiibo! Holy shit! Two of my favorite monsters!

...fuck, a little anime girl on Barioth. Riders in general :(. I want just the monster, but what can you do.

I'm very interested in this.

I'll be picking this up, looks awesome, the production values are pretty great. Tried selling my partner on it too, big colourful world, customisable protagonist, crafting your clothes and armour...she told me none of the monsters she saw were cute enough haha. There's time to work on it between now and September.

Berordn

Qurupeco and Barioth Amiibo! Holy shit! Two of my favorite monsters!

...fuck, a little anime girl on Barioth. Riders in general :(. I want just the monster, but what can you do.

I'm very interested in this.

Aren't the riders detachable and interchangable? I remember that being a thing when they were announced for Japan.

Or maybe I dreamt it, I can't seem to find anything on it now.

popyea

Why do MH fans hate this game? This looks colorful as fuck.

I'm guessing because it's not an action game? I love MH and I agree the art is really nice! I don't know if people are hating it for what it's not, or if it's actually a decent turn based adventure rpg.

Eusis

I'm guessing because it's not an action game? I love MH and I agree the art is really nice! I don't know if people are hating it for what it's not, or if it's actually a decent turn based adventure rpg.
I'd definitely like to see the opinions of those more into JRPGS or at least (or better yet?) are fans of both.

hatchx

Banned
This game seems 100% like my jam, but I've heard very negative things unfortunately...

I heard mixed things too, which is odd because the game looks fantastic and way more interesting to me than a normal MH.

I don't remember where I read negative things about it but I Would love to get some impressions for gaffers who have played it.

Camjo-Z

I need this so I can ride my boy Lagiacrus. Definitely want to get one of those Rathian/Rathalos amiibo as well.

OuterLimits

I never thought I would be excited for so many 3DS games at the end of 2017. This game, Culdcept, Etrian Odyssey V and Metroid. Plus Atlus still has some coming next year.

Toxi

Banned
This game looks so pretty. I was worried by how simplistic the gameplay looked in previews, but the positive impressions make me hopeful.

Now I can finally ride a Nerscylla without trying to kill it.

Top Bottom