• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Re Fantasy (Atlus) kind of confirmed for PS4 (shocking news) by job listing

DKHF

A new Japanese job listing (Tokyo) has been found for someone to work on a traditional RPG for PS4 being made by a newly started team. They also state the company being hired for has a popular series which had one game exceed over 1.5 million sales and Persona 5 was confirmed to pass 1.5 million sales/shipments when it launched in the west. Project Re Fantasy is also being worked on by the newly started Studio Zero which indicates this recruitment is for it rather than another game.

So it seems clear this is for Project Re Fantasy and shows the game is being worked on for PS4 (not surprising but the game did not have any platforms announced so I thought it was worth posting).

Laplasakos

I posted this in the MC thread too. Are we sure it says PS4 game and not staff with PS4 experience?

EDIT: Okay it says PS4 game. Just wanted to make sure.

Not surprising, but kinda nice to hear a little more on this game even if it's next to nothing. Hoping we hear more on the new SMT soon too.

_Ryo_

Can confirm, it explictedly states it is being developed for PS4 and not only just looking for someone with experience in developing PS4 games.

Logash

PS4 or Switch will be fine for me. Part of me thinks that JRPGs are better in portable form but I also really want to see what Atlus can do with just the PS4 in mind since Persona 5 looks so good and it's just a port.

mejin

RG0BS1U.gif

Kasper

Unless the scope of the game is limited I don't see this coming out any sooner than 2020 with 2021 probably being more likely.

Top Bottom